Renaissance Faire Strategy Discussion

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by teddy.bear, Aug 25, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

It looks like you cannot open strategy threads at the moment, so until we clarify if this is a bug or how things are supposed to be, I'm opening the next event's strategy discussion at Bhodho's initiative :)
    Enjoy sharing strategies for the Renaissance Faire event!

2. farmingfreebird

farmingfreebird Exceptional Talent

Well, the crop name had me lauging.... In dutch, Emmers means buckets. bhahaha. Ow well... I like the flower better.
    Strategy: quickly grow crop, quickly gather drops... finish as fast as possible. LOL

3. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Are those numbers realistic on an 8-hr crop???

-.--.--.-

4. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

The total requirements are wrong in the FAQ
    20.000 emmers and 900 bow and arrows are the correct numbers.

5. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

I'm relieved. I thought the new Forum had brought us very bad luck and tough events...

-.--.--.-

6. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

one strategy is to water the plants so they will grow faster and another is to plant all the emmers everytime so you will have 0 and for that reason they will give you extra 5

7. NanaLyn

NanaLyn Active Author

These are the differences that I came up with for the Renaissance Faire Event.

Total requirements for this event?
    • 36800 Emmer … s/b 20,000
    • 1700 Bow and Arrow … s/b 900
    • 1000 Corn … s/b 700
    • 30 Turkey
    • 1400 Cucumber … s/b 1,000
    • 40 Mulberry
    • 30 Pear … s/b 20
    • 15 Cow
    • 1400 Basil … s/b 1,000
    • 40 Cherry
    • 30 Horse … s/b 20
    • 15 Orange
    • 1400 Pea … s/b 1,000
    • 40 Angel's Trumpet (from Catalpa Tree)
    • 30 Fish … s/b 20
    • 15 Yellow Pear
    This event now seems to be more doable than before.

-poppyseed- and farmerumf like this.
  8. teddy.bear

Hello everyone again,

Thank you for spotting this, the total requirements have been corrected *whew* I apologize for this inconvenience.
    Happy planning & sharing strategies!

Grams78!! and farmerumf like this.
  9. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

NanaLyn, thanks for the numbers.

10. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Think I'm going to grow like mad - should be able to do 3 harvests a day if lucky and then plant longer crops afterwards to ensure I have all the drops. Although I may pick and choose the sections I do.

11. heidels

heidels Active Author

I think I'll pick and choose, too. Not sure if I'm up for even 20K of the event crop, we'll see how ambitious I feel tomorrow! :)

Also...does anyone else miss the countdown embedded into the Event OA or FAQ? (I can't remember where it was in the old Forum, maybe both places). Unless I'm missing something, I had to do maths to come up with the number of hours until the start time. Bummer.

12. teddy.bear

Hello heidels, :)

As explained in the Welcome post, which I kindly invite you to check out when you have a moment, we are not able to post timers in the new Forum. All the times will be posted in CEST time zone, and you can find the current local CEST time in this thread (sticky thread in the Event Announcements section). It's not as convenient as the old timers, but I hope it helps. ​

13. -Tigerlily-

-Tigerlily- Forum Apprentice

Hi Teddy Bear, so was it a joke with almost 40000 8 hour crop and 1700 drop? If this was a case, it was not the best one. Lost my interest even with the correction.

14. teddy.bear

Hello -Tigerlily-, :-(

It was a chart misunderstanding and I apologize for this - obviously we would never be able to do such things on purpose, so I am truly sorry for the scare, but no, it was not a bad joke :-( just an honest mistake (blaming the lack of sleep and hectic days). ​

15. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

At 20K event crops, it's feasible to do it, even with just PJ. I'll most probably do it 100%.

A remarkable thing is that the EP-givers are particularly poor EP-yielders by themselves and the cloud -as almost always- is relatively bad business. However, since the worst of the 3 EP-givers yields as few EPs as the items I've been pulling off from parks lately (768 EPs/1x1-plot/day, ideally, with 6 owls) -which means I won't place this item in them, ever- and the other 2 take 16 hs -very hard to fit in harvesting schedule without losing many EPs-, for the first time -that I recall-, I'll place all of them in the cloud right away.

If you bear this in mind, then, you must not skip L5, the one that opens the cloud row.

16. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I appreciate having the advance warning of how many crops.......... a day ahead.....but Geez...that's a lot of event crops!!! And 8 hours???? Again??? :(
    I don't want to pull all my trees out like last time....especially since I just got a couple of the new ones....so it will take a looooong time to complete this event!
    Thanks Aluntino for reminding us to finish L5....for the cloud row!

17. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

8 hr crops again...ugh!! Aluntino's right the EP givers are not that great so they will go straight to the clouds.
    I guess it's grow, grow, grow time again, I might use one field for animals when poo prices start skyrocketing. Brooke, I agree my pretty pink trees are staying put.
    Good Luck Everyone :)

18. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Finally we get a chance to use the Catalpa's besides FHOs :)
    I put out my 11 XXLs all for the first time.

19. poor_didums

poor_didums Forum Apprentice

happy that i can get rid of some of the Angel Trumpets pity only 40 as i have heaps of them lol

20. smiley2emc

smiley2emc Someday Author

looks like i need to grow cucumbers and corn i do have enough but barely lol will be sowing all my Emmer seeds everytime plus water, manure and using CAC that i have bought lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.