Septemberfest 2014 Strategies

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SuzeeRabbit, Sep 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Those are not Mystery Stables. See here...
    ;););)

2. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

I was rechecking and editing my own entries while you were posting this. LOL. Yes, those wonder boxes are meaningless and not worth any effort whatsoever.

3. steph2014

steph2014 Forum Pro

Is anyone else having a very difficult time getting tea bag drops? I have a grand total of 35 tea bags in my inventory, and that includes the ones received from harvesting roses when the event first started! (I checked to make sure it had started before I harvested). I know the tea bags aren't mandatory because we don't have to donate them, but so many tea barrels need to be brewed to full strength, and I don't see how it's possible to do so without tea bags. Am I the only one having this issue?

4. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

No, Steph, you're not alone. I've just got 44 since the event started. I guess it's like in Comic5: very low amount of boosters.

5. steph2014

steph2014 Forum Pro

Hmm. Ok thank you, Aluntino. I wish everyone's drops were better, but on the other hand I'm glad it's not just me!! xD

6. Dienstag

Dienstag Exceptional Talent

No, drops are not better. Only 52 so far.

7. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

I think the drop is far worst than all you thought. don't forget
    there is happy harvest day held when event start, which means we all got double EP
    when the mini event over, the drop will be more lessen.

8. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

My drops are running roughly one-third of "usual". I expect to get enough.

I woke up early enough to quickly harvest and plant the starter seeds in 2x2s. Since I had to be gone more than 8h I only added Suzy's magic dust to them. When I got home I cleared the one field and planted 40-44? 2x2s and added everything but Suzy's magic dust to them. Just harvested those and replanted with everything but Suzy's again. Planted the other 240+ in the other two fields, 1x1s. I'm again only working with slightly less than three fields on the Main farm, a couple dozen less than 600 1x1s. Leaving Baha alone. I'm going to do my standard of growing all the crops first. Finish off September I. Then plant all the barrels in two rounds. First round with tea bags. Second round w/o. Or at least that's what my tired self is thinking right now. I make think differently by morning.

-Mir85- thanks for posting the requirement totals and your barrel strategy.

illy, you might want to start an SOS for people who might want to request CAC or tea bags. Or did I miss it?

Severine, thanks for your alternate strategy.

I hate to spend BB for resets. I won't be doing it. When I was a lower level player and desperate for stars I would be more inclined. People in need of stars can use the reset specifically for that purpose. There might be a point where one cannot reset, so be careful not to donate everything on the last challenge until one decides.

I became addicted to events for the stars. Then FOCD kicked in. Now... just because. Besides if we need stars for the new whatever, I want to have them. I just don't need them badly enough to pay BB for them.

I probably have the numbers for the Chocolate Factory event if you really want them.

sglick, if your morning harvest is at 8a plant your barrels right before 8p IF you are using tea bags for the 12h "grow" time. If you are planting w/o tea bags for the 16h "grow" time subtract 4h, 8-4=4p planting time. If you want them ready an hour earlier, plant an hour earlier. If you want them an hour later, plant an hour later. Got it? You can get 4 harvests a day if you're using water and manure otherwise it will be a little more than 25.5h for 4 rounds a day.
    Thanks for interpreting hatzeva's post. I was a bit confused too. As you pointed out it seems to be a difference of... I use round to refer to the whole farm and she was using it to refer to just a field.

9. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

I've gotten 62 teabags here, 42 on bearbabe. It just dawned on me that I don't have to lug my trophies all over the place on alt this time unless I want to, lol:p (only 300 stars away from LL rune xD). May keep doing it just to try and garner a few more bags. My plan for this event so far is to grow enough event crops to finish 1st 3 levels tonight and get as many barrels as I can, then plant them all as my overnight "crop", with gingerbread briars also growing simultaneously. I should be able to finish level 4 and 5 tomorrow, again planting barrels overnight, and finish up event crops by Saturday, then go all out on the remaining barrels. I save all my tea bags until close to the end, then use them to finish up quickly. I've read the other strategies, tho I don't claim to understand them, not having a mathematically inclined brain :p, and understand there are probably easier ways to do it, with the reset ability and all. I like the challenge, tho, so will do it the long drawn out way :D. Like sglick, my FOCD drives me to complete all levels, lol. I also agree that I wish they would give us event crops that aren't 8 hours, this is the 3rd or 4th event in a row with 8 hour crops. I didn't mind the comic book one, because we had the 4 hours as well. Some nice 6 hour crops would be a good change of pace, lol.

10. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Who at BP is the dingleberry to come up with having a Double EP for plant event during(especially the 1st day) of a long term grow event? It's such a tease...I would have loved to put in long time regular/high ep crops to take advantage of this short time event...but no...I have to be planting the Special event plants...or else I will not finish....I plan on leaving this weekend.

If you can swing it and Need more Baha EP to level up on the island....don't grow gingerbread briar on baha! Hibiscus (same length of time 8hrs) yeilds 108 BEP as to event plant yeilds only 56 BEP......and with double harvest it will be 216!

11. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

As many of you know, I am not someone who sets up my farms in preparation for an event as, with my main farm at least, drops are rarely a problem. The main reason for this is that I can't stand waiting till 2.00 pm to farm! When both farms hit single figures for drops this time, I thought that would improve with the event crop. Wrong again: 44 for main farm, 49 on baby farm so far - less than half the "daily" requirement. :cry: What is going on? :(

Suzee: I have started the SOS thread, haven't looked at it yet this morning and have added that other requests can be made, not just teabags. ;)

So my strategy will be to grow all the event crops between now and Sunday, doing three harvests a day, switch to animals and long term crops from Sunday and hope these improve the drop rate. I am someone who strives to finish events, cherry picking on my way up to the top prizes if necessary but the crops and other requirements are not the problem this time - the problem is the drops. :wuerg:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  12. baw815

baw815 Forum General

Brooke, I like your idea about Baha, however, I don't have hibiscus, the longest crop I have is cactus. I have over ten thousand of those, but I usually plant them to help with the start of an event for drops. My little farm has bamboo as it's longest crop, just saying is all. Not everyone has everything unlocked on Baha. ;) (Brooke, you know I'm teasing you.)

B

13. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I will be able to get 445 barrels today before I leave for the weekend. Will leave them out while I am away (no tea bags needed there :p). When I get back I have to grow 3 more rounds of briars and plant 179 (I think) barrels. So should be able to make it easily :D

Arielh likes this.
  14. illy1996

Okay :inlove: colour me very stupid - and make me sit down and write 100 lines "You must read the Event FAQs before opening your mouth and putting your foot in it". :music:

Thank you Mir for clarifying that we don't actually NEED the teabrew bags! I went back and read the FAQs again - I thought I needed to get 650 of the little ... bags to complete the event. Oh dear, don't think there is any hope for me. Now I know what :wuerg: is for!
    :wuerg::wuerg::wuerg:
    So going back to original strategy, two harvests per day, finish crops on Monday morning and put out all barrels while I work and overnight and harvest them Tuesday morning, which leaves a little leeway for mishaps ... miscalculations ... stupidity! :p

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  15. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

:oops: It can happen to the best of us illy :inlove:

I am just glad it was cleared up before you went into panic mode and spent all your super grow on turbo roses :p

16. illy1996

LOL! I was feeling very downhearted about this event and was wishing I never started it, now I am feeling more upbeat and happy. I wouldn't have noticed if not for your comment about not needing teabags! Thank you! ;)

17. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Glad you are feeling more relaxed illy! Now you have time to sit and enjoy those crops! LOL

18. illy1996

Thanks, I think, PnP! :p

19. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

You are not the only one but it doesn't matter(thankfully:music:)
    I have 65 but I don't have all by the harvesting but from presents also.

I don't like spending BB for events so I will try the traditional way.:)

20. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

Sorry, illy, haven't had much online time this past month because of need to recharge laptop so much, among other things. I just fastforward thru the titles. Missed yours. Added to the OP. I'm thinking it will most likely be used by folks that need CAC or PJAM to finish.
    No, we don't need tea bags. That's why I said whatever I get will be enough and I'll do one round of buff-ed barrels and one round w/o.

Was laying in bed thinking that my numbers weren't going to work. Realized I didn't know how many crops were required. Despite late start, I did manage to build up enough crops for all three fields last night after two rounds of SG times forty 2x2s plus the first 10. I expect to get a little more than 1500 per round. Three harvests a day. I should be finished with crops by end of day 4. Almost forgot the CAC on third farm. ugh... But I caught it just in time and consumed 5 CAC to last rest of event. Overnight I'll plant whatever. Morning of day 5 I'll plant as many barrels as I have tea bags or at least half. That evening I'll plant the rest of the barrels and harvest on day 6 when they are ready. Nice and relaxed event... I hope! LOL! Don't really like taking it to the last day lest RL happen. But... c'est la vie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.