Sparkly Snowman Show

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by cubanmissilecrisis, Dec 18, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Longer pens don't help :oops: bahamarama main field holds a maximum of 41 pens, meaning a maximum of 41 drops per harvest. To increase drops you need shorter pens harvested more often.

2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Good point Mir, thanks! I will adjust my field appropriately ... tomorrow! xD

Sue46, Nala777, baw815 and 5 others like this.
  3. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Or place and use menageries and maufactories on the field. Initial harvest gave me 78 drops :)

Sue46, farmlily3, Nala777 and 9 others like this.
  4. illy1996

Yet another great idea! Again to be implemented ... tomorrow! :p

Sue46, Nala777, sanddollar15 and 4 others like this.
  5. I forgot to (re-) arrange The Green Meadow until late & got a surprising 73 Snow Piles from Artichokes,
    And I forgot about BAHA completely and got a very impressive 4 yes that's 4 Holiday Gifts!

Sue46, Nala777, sanddollar15 and 3 others like this.
  6. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

[​IMG] Just like illy, I will follow all the great ideas tomorrow ! [​IMG]

You seem to be in a real crisis. [​IMG] xD

Don't worry follow the above advice of our friends and you can soar ahead in collecting the drops. Or buy some PFs from the shop and use it on the stalls.:)

Sue46, Nala777, sanddollar15 and 3 others like this.
  7. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Forum Pro

Now I am glad we can use the main farm field. I put out my reindeer, and Christmas decorations...:inlove:and another Christmas tree.

8. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

Would the Arboretum count? I keep it there perpetually. I've got 6 Christmas trees out of the attic and plunked them down.
    I didn't notice it but the Baha field drops..all three? I mis-stepped and put out workshops on one.
    I was loathe to rip up Baha because I've got wall to wall trees I've had going for over 2 months.
    So it's 10,360 that we need?

Sue46, Nala777 and 12ss12 like this.
  9. 12ss12

For this event Arboretum will count only in Green Meadow. In Baha its the stables and workshops that give drops.

I rearranged my baha today & took the arboretum to the crystal waterfalls & shifted the menagerie & manufactory to Baha. Let's see the effect today evening. I won 100% into the barn & +1 animal from party spin. Happy.

Sue46, zerodegrees, Nala777 and 4 others like this.
  10. illy1996

Just to clarify: drops will only come from pens and workshops on the main Baha field (not the Rain Forest or Crystal Falls). :)

Edit: I put out my Menagerie full of Parrots and after one hour I got one Holiday Gift. I think that's a success. In the same spot, a pen of 8 hours might give me one Holiday Gift and, in theory, I might get 8 Holiday Gifts in 8 hours. :music:

Thanks again Mir and Habalala! ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Sue46, saturnia22, Nala777 and 3 others like this.
  11. 12ss12

Yes, illy. That's why I shifted my arboretum from baha to crystal waterfalls and the other two from waterfalls to baha main. But drop rate is really horrible.

12. illy1996

Do Parrots! xD

13. baw815

baw815 Forum General

I have camels on this farm, I realized I needed them. I have elephants on another, we will see. If desperate I will put out parrots. xD :p

Starting drops on this farm was best for gifts, I used pandas. After what I read from Mir, I changed tactics, lol.

Nala777, KaiCat33, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  14. illy1996

Another harvest of 21 Parrots I Classic Monkey (don't know how he got there, he's supposed to be a Sloth!) and my Menagerie of Parrots = 13 Harvest Gifts! :inlove:

Edit: Forgot I have a ton of Classic Parrot Houses II's which will cut another hour off of my Parrot times! Will do an experiment and see how many I get with those after the next harvest! :D

Another Edit: Excluding gifts and what I got from my long term pens before, in four hours I have had 23 Holiday Gifts. So I am thinking this is slightly quicker than longer timed pens. Just more work! :p

I will put longer pens out overnight as I seem to get virtually 100% from them and with the Menagerie and Manufactory, this should bump it up even more. :music:

Nala777, KaiCat33, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  15. baw815

baw815 Forum General

I got more Gifts from my elephants :inlove:, I haven't been able to harvest my camels, yet. -.-

I may switch to elephants or parrots, depends on what I'm in the mood for, lol. :p o_O ;)

Nala777, KaiCat33, 12ss12 and 3 others like this.
  16. 12ss12

If you see the last 2 steps of the all the 3 parts (sides) of the event, last 2 steps or optional. you can go for them if you want an extra set of EP Giver items and CCs and EPs. Therefore 32 holiday gifts, 40 snow piles & 725 sprouting snowmen less if you don't want to go for 12th & 13th steps of the events.

Thanks illy. I am following your progress in drop rates. Since till today it was working day for me, I put 12 hrs pens as I could harvest only twice a day. From tomorrow its holiday for me. So I am going to try out the parrot formula. I get around 26 to 30 drops per harvest. So if parrots gives more I will go for parrots.

17. illy1996

Over the day, I have got as many from Parrots as I would have got from longer pens. From about 7.30 to 4.30 today, I have got about 50. Put that with my hoped/anticipated drop rate tomorrow morning, that should bring me to 90 a day whereas with 12 hour pens, the most I could hope for was 82 - know it is not a big deal but it might make all the difference. :p

Sometimes I get a few from my Parrots, other times one or two (or none!) per harvest of about half a field but the chances are higher - especially with a Menagerie. :p

Experiment worked, in my case. I actually got 64 Holiday Gifts from mainly Parrots, a few Sloths and a Manufactory full of Pottery Shops. With longer pens/workshops, I might have been able to harvest just once so this means I gained 23 drops with my Parrot fields. :music:

Not sure if I can do this every day - life to be lived and all that but I will keep it up when I can and go back to medium pens when I feel I can finish without this intensive Parrot farming! o_O

Nala777, joanc123, Brookeham and 3 others like this.
  18. I'm not full in on this Event I'll just get what I get,(mainly appreciating the High E.P from the Event Crops),Just noticing the Parrot talk though I have a Red Chopstick Factory,Pink Monkey,Pink Elephant & a few other Upgraded Pens out on BAHA and every time I harvest I always get a drop from the one Orange Parrot pen I have out apart from once,Not the Pink Monkey,Pink Elephant or the Red Chopsticks & other Upgraded Pens that do Drop but quite rarely for me,Parrots do seem to be the better choice for those who are all in.

19. beavis7070

beavis7070 Forum Apprentice

I have changed out my pens twice. my drop rate is awful

Nala777, joanc123 and KaiCat33 like this.
  20. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Forum Pro

I put out 37 parrots on the main Baha field, harvested them all at the same time, with farm equipment...got 4 Holiday gifts. Will harvest them by hand next time...hope it's a better way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.