Strategy Pastry from the Void

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by clonahmon, Oct 20, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Glade has only 111 plots available for crops as I have trees and menageries in the rest of the spaces. 47 Vials dropped from Crocus (21 hour crop)

Main field also in Crocus with approx 190 spaces for crops with 2 Howie Donuts on the field. 72 Vials.

LL is maxed at 30%.

I wish we had the option of gifting either/both drops. I don't mind a challenge but I dislike such slow progress because of waiting on drops.

2. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I'm short on vials, too. I had really long crops in over night (orange dahlia - 17+ hours) so should have had a good drop rate, but it's not enough to get very far in this event.

I also realized last night that I have to get the baby farm through level 5 - needs the tokens for the other event. Ugh.

3. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

I agree with all of you on the vial drops - just not enough to get very far. Noticed that long term crops (22+ hr) don't yield many more vials than shorter (12+ hr) crops. Have not yet found the "sweet spot", time-wise, for best results.

4. desi20

desi20 Forum Pro

Got 1st two pastry tokens now working on level 4 :D

5. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

The cheapest way, for me anyways, to solve the Empty Vial drop issue was to use refined crops (I used Crocus) and about 150 Super Grow on 2x2 fields. Drop pay out very close to 1:1.
    Got all the tokens I wanted for the other event. Will now quit baking for lousy prizes.

Stay healthy, keep smiling!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

So past level 5: gotta get through 8 to get the cloud row. The only one of my farms doing that is sewinglady's. This farm and the baby farm are stopping after level 5. Just not worth it!

7. Numbers penned, Thanks a lot clonahmon, It's appreciated.

8. peterparker

peterparker Someday Author

I too am finding the vial drops very sparse even with long term overnight crops. Had a full field of Rye growing on mainland an 18hr crop with a Howie Donut and only received 71 vials. Disappointing.

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Hi peterparker, this comment isn't directed specifically to you, just using your post as an example.

I just wanted to comment on Howies, I'm not sure everyone has realistic expectations to what ONE Howie will do for the drops.

In this example with 71 drops received I would expect around three of them came from having the Howie on the field (possibly less, depending on how the Howie bonus stack with the living legend). Since 68 + 5% of 68 = 68*1.05 = 71, I expect you would have gotten around 68 drops without the Howie.

So one Howie alone doesn't make wonders for the droprate, but if you are in a tight spot every drop counts. To see a more substantial increase of drops one needs more than one or two Howies.

10. peterparker

peterparker Someday Author

Thanks for the info. I have the Tree of Wisdom Howie Donut space unlocked too. Guess that doesn't really count for much either.

11. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

The good thing about the Howie in the tree of wisdom is that it counts for all fields all the time, and doesn't take up growing space. It doesn't have a dramatic effect on drops, but at least it is a small consistent increase.

Edit: Does anyone know if it also affect the moonlight fields, where you can't place Howies?

12. lottidah

lottidah Forum Great Master

Opened 24 and got 3 crystals!!!

13. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

can someone tell me how to get a blacklight bulb please

14. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

playful - you need a blacklight assembly workshop. It is in Jack's shop on the moonlight field. Cost is 30 darklight firefly, 900 shrieking gourd, 600 black bat flower, 700 duskshadow bloom, 500 glowshroom. :)

15. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I realized I need a plan to finish this event. So I scribbled a piece of paper which ones to choose and what I need to get them. I counted I need a lot of event plants and I should count how many flacons and vials are missing. The numbers will be depressing. Without counting I doubt, I must concentrate on vials and remove trees, when they are harvested and start breeding. Calendar promises baby boom later today.

16. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

There is a buff Vampire Serum that will +2 you MM Event Crops but the trouble with that is it's a Diamond slot buff. decisions decisions

Good luck every one

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  17. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

thank you very much for info

18. Jayded

Jayded Forum Apprentice

Thank you!

Going to share my results... with 24% trophies and 1 Howie on the (1x1) map.

1) 18 (2x2) plots with Hazelnuts, water, and manure = 18 vials
    2) 18 (2x2) plots with Hazelnuts, water, manure, and supper grow = 18 vials
    3) 156 plots (1x1) with Pumpkins and water = 17 vials

I assume that getting 18 both times with Hazelnuts was a bit of fluke.

19. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

If you need flacons, you get one from every breeding. It is Baby Boom and each breeding takes just one powerfeed! :inlove:

20. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Paaryna11, I too was considering what is The Requirements to Finish this event;

• Total Empty Vials = 1760
    • Total Empty Flacons = 1330
    • Total Barbarries = 33750
    • Total Vanilla Slices = 18
    • Total Strawberry Goo = 13
    • Total Chocolate o_Oze = 22
    These are scarry numbers, We have refinements to Boost Vials Drops,Harvest Boosters to Boost Barbarries be warned +2 MM Booster not work on Barberries >:(>:( as they are not considered as MM Mind you in The Pastry of The Void in 2018 Event they were asked to be grown In The Three Mainland Fields, I extra Field to grow Barberries not in this event which As there are farmers dont have Mushroom Forest Fully Unlocked :eek:

I am having a rethink and be more realistic as I had two fields of Trees giving average of 200 Falcons every 20 Hours with Highest EP Trees in my barn to stick to this option which will have a short fall on Vials which doesn't balance up requirement to Milling as we progress through the cake layers I would have to splurge fair amount of green Energy on the reminding field

As it is evidently we not getting as many vials as we hope on our Longest Crops

I wont let this event force me accept defeat so shall see at least I will gunning for Cloud around at least Crafting 16 Cakes Total Event is 24 Cakes -.-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.