Strategy: The 2015 Harvest Hoedown

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Jul 12, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

The event has been an annual event. Traditionally, the final portion of the event has been a competition to find the TOP 1000 farmers based upon donation. This farm finished 19th last year and stopped donating three (3) days before the event ended.

Farmers from all forums have begun preparation. The event is often termed a "barn burner" as many barns are emptied. The donation requirements just to become eligible to compete in the final competition have been high.

Hopefully this thread will be a place where those preparing will find comfort and support while on their individual journey.

I will send a baby farm if adequately prepared. Will you participate? How are you preparing or going to prepare?

Best wishes.

2. farhana

farhana Forum Mogul

When(which month) this event gonna start?

IVANCICA30, farmer_broke and 12ss12 like this.
  3. FionaSky

FionaSky Active Author

I might have to start preparing...

...for next year. So can we have Harvest Hoedown 2016 strategy thread for all those who wont be ready for this year?

SillyGuy, meba091, austg and 4 others like this.
  4. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

There are some gossips that it might be next month. If I find reliable sources I will post it in Grapevine section or if you find it start a thread in the same section. I will not be burning my farm. No never.;) But after seeing Farmer_broke's post. May be I will consider starting a new farm exclusively dedicated to Harvest Hoedown and like FionaSky start preparing for next year or better next to next year.;)xD

SillyGuy, meba091, austg and 3 others like this.
  5. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I will only try to complete the event and not to donate anything. I don't have such goals for my farm but I am willing to help anyone who tries:)
    broke did you complete the steps with BB or not? Because I think some of the 1000 completed a few or all of the steps with BB so they could donate without growing event crops.

SillyGuy, austg, IVANCICA30 and 2 others like this.
  6. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

Harvest Hoedown... is there an old thread so that us newbies can see what it entails....? Looks like I've got to start searching the forum for it. It sounds like something I probably won't be capable of entering.... I am a hoarder when it comes to my barn and crops lol.... one never knows when they are going to need a multitude of crops for an event. I also keep excess for animal feed that I like to keep ....for just in case moments!

7. Arielh

FarmerMolly see one of the previous events' FAQ here.

8. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

I look forward to fallowing along, I really hope those that are going for it post regular like so us in the incubator corner can see how the fat cats run.

I will never play any game that makes me tip my barn but I wish you all luck and may the greediest win the run.8)
    Get that prize!

marymac50, austg, IVANCICA30 and 2 others like this.
  9. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

This is an annual event. If history holds true we can expect it to occur mid-October.

Many will be able to complete the event. Many more will be unprepared to participate in a competition of this nature. And many less will be unprepared to compete efficiently.

A thread for 2016 would probably prove beneficial to some as it my easily take 15 - 18 months to reposition a farm. From experience, this farm was easily ready a year before it played around and went to number 19. BUT even though it would have made it, donating for the final competition would not have been done efficiently.

If done poorly or properly, one will only be throwing goods into a "bottomless pit" or "black hole." A thread would be of comfort to those preparing. If no one else begins one then I will begin one just after the 2015 event end.

"
    If no other En Forum family member farm goes, I'll burn this farm to the ground to make certain the En Forum Family is represented well. And it is ready today!

If you were to begin a farm today in order to compete in the TOP group, you are probably THREE (3) years away from being able to do so. Just as I have another farm in line to send, other farmers do too, count on it. Although you ";)xD " ..... your statement is very true.

If a similar format as past events, one MUST donate just to qualify for the final competition. Even such donations can be done strategically.

This farm grew every single crop required and completed no step with BBs as I KNOW several other farmers did. This farm has never invested any RL funds in this game. And it has been difficult not to do so at times. But let this farm serve as an example to all that the event can certainly be done well by those who choose not to invest RL funds in a farm. And not doing so does increase the difficulty of successful accomplishment.

This event is not for many farms as many farms have been destroyed.

Good idea to look into it before just wandering down this path. But you can do it! Many in the EN Forum family will help you.

I chose not to compete one year because I did not want to tip my barn. When finishing 19th, I did not feel it after waiting. That is the idea in preparing properly. I played with an intentional style.

Several in the EN Forum family are preparing. Greedy? For what?

My reward: A farmer did something for me during the event out of the goodness of their heart. I will never forget the farmer. Thoughts of that farmer enter into my RL more often than you can imagine. What more in life can anyone give to another? I received my reward.

Yes, I want to see how the fat cats roll too ........ or can't roll.

10. Arielh

I know you have not invested any RL funds in the game but I asked you for the chance you might have gathered few BB over the years and used them there. Broke you are an good example that any farm without the help of RL money can reach as far as the other ones.:)

SillyGuy, meba091, austg and 2 others like this.
  11. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

If its like last year, I will try to do the event, but not the competition... that is WAY, WAY too much for me!

SillyGuy, austg, 100keltic and 2 others like this.
  12. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

I will happily cheerlead from the safety of the sidelines. :D I will help if I can and lend support but no not only could I not compete since my farm is to young but don't have the desire either.

I find it hard enough just donating to the trophies. xD

13. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

For me that IS the prize, one of the upper 1000 farmers, the only way in my book to get what you what in games or RL is to get greedy for it.

Not many farmers here can say those words, "not only did I finish XX in the top XX of the hoe down but my farm was still comfy and in no danger of dieing in the end".

Greedy, it is not a bad or negative thing, preparing properly means you worked it, suffered for it, no yielding to temptation but staying on the plan you laid out before hand, In my youth I rock climbed, there was a lot more to it than getting to the top, and you have to be greedy for your goal to make everything come to you in roses, even making a "in case of dumb move use this" box and store in back.

If I can help a farmer that is going into this then by all means come on this way and let me know, my hand is right here, but they all know that, I help if I can.

You know it.8)

You too? I keep clubbing them animals over the head and getting ill gottin goods, toss em in and them black holes of the LL just keep yawning up at me:sleepy:
    I stopped feeding them and letting it all pile up in the barn as that space ship thing is suppose to eat the same things as the LL, I just keep piling.....waiting.......piling ......waiting........-.-hurry up already!!!

14. austg

austg Someday Author

I had barely started last year when the event happened or was already going on.
    Time flies when you are having fun - one whole year October 22.:p
    xDI thought that if all these players were donating like this then it must be pretty easy to get to these levels - how very naive I was!xD
    My farm is in no shape ready for this event or the Nubelon event - with two farm eating events back to back how does one stay afloat?
    I am not sure if I should skip the Nubelon event and save everything for October:oops::eek:
    Since Nubelon require that you donate to Recycle thing and maybe get something good in return. I will wait to save for the ?Chestnut Festival? or whatever it is named this year.
    I should be able to complete all the levels this year and just skip the Top Farmer part. - thank you Arielh for link to faq for last year.
    The trophy's will continue to wait.
    Thanks for the advance heads up on this one!
    Good luck FarmerBroke and if you need any help, which I am sure you won't, but let us know - would be happy to donate resources!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  15. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

I am going back and bang my head on the wall, I just got this hoedown thing separated from the Hungary one, now there be a chestnut that will dwarf the spaceship?o_O I will never get back to my LL at this rate.:sleepy:

16. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

xD Oh Keltic I feel the same way! I've got trees stuffed everywhere I can and have been buying any tree fruit I can get at a still decent price. If the Nubelon event isn't to my liking at least I can use the tree fruit for the trophy still. Until then I just have to deal with having them at 24%.

17. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

thank you and wow those are high requirements.... would take a lot of determination and desire in order to be competitive in an event such as that.

SillyGuy, Arielh and farmer_broke like this.
  18. mud_pie_man

mud_pie_man Junior Expert

<--- This is the baby farm. This farm will continue to prepare.

At level 75 today, it will not make it to level 76 by the time of the event. Even if it does, it will not see Maple Sap which may be acquired at level 77.

This farm is Baha level 54 with three (3) fields open. It can see as far as Figs and Elephants. The farm does not make chancy investments. I'll take the chance on two luggage purchased at under 625 each though.

austg, 100keltic, Arielh and 2 others like this.
  19. meba091

meba091 Forum Veteran

I think the harvest hoe down top 500-1000 is the greatest challenge of all in this game - huge:oops:. I have not participated ever - not even thought about it. Actually I used to think that the farmers who did this was kind of crazy :music:
    But I decided to take that challenge and join them. But I'm not ready to participate this year:(.
    I have started the preparation for next year and will follow this tread to pick up all the strategies and good advise that may come here and looking forward for the tread of next years preparation.

I wish you all the best of luck and I think you are so cool doing this - bow and bend for you:)
    If I can be of any help to you just say so:)

austg, 100keltic, Arielh and 2 others like this.
  20. SillyGuy

SillyGuy Forum Veteran

Assuming 265 million Exchange Value for those who will remain this year, these will be interesting facts about The 2015 Harvest Hoedown :

• If you are the type of farmers growing all by yourself, you have to gather atleast 5.097 million Exchange Value every week.

• If you're the type of farmers are willing to pay each Exchange Value with CC through the market, let's say you are willing to pay 1 CC for every 4 Exchange Value, you have to spend minimum at 66.25 million CC in a year. In other words, you have been (already) spending atleast 181,011 CC every day for preparing the TOP 1000 competitions.

The competition is only for serious farmers for one year to accumulate a lot of items in the barn.

DEAL or NO DEAL !! :cry:xD:cry:

SuzeeRabbit, austg, 12ss12 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.