Strategy: The Great Winter Chase

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by illy1996, Dec 11, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Hoping to get to 115 games or as close to that as possible - currently at 86. Would love to at least earn back all the givers that went to the cloud row, although the 20BB at the end does look very tasty!

joanc123, SahraB and Nala777 like this.
  2. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) Has anyone else had a dramatic drop in Soot drops?? Mine have gone from an over abundance to a serious shortage.....:(

3. squigglegiggle

Mine have gone the other way - I was seriously struggling and now it's not so bad (although I did take a day off growing powder puff plant so perhaps that is why - it has simply balanced out again so I no longer have a shortage)

joanc123, farmlily3, SahraB and 2 others like this.
  4. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

With a total of 206 mini-games, the event was completed:inlove::)

[​IMG]

Used: 2800 SG, 202 SSG, 2 * Plant Revenue Bonus 100% 24h

the rest of
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  5. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Well done SahraB! I'm only slightly green! :wuerg:
    I have done 115 games on both farms and am hoping to get as far as level 100 on points side. :p

6. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Congratulations Sahra :inlove:
    Congratulations Illy :inlove:

blessedlady2, sanddollar15 and SahraB like this.
  7. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Old Hand

Great job SahraB!! I don't know how to take a picture but I have also completed both sides. Also did not keep stats. Best of luck to those still working!!

sanddollar15, SahraB and joanc123 like this.
  8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I have enough doodads to get the cloud row on this farm. Now to find the time to play 40 more mini-games. SL's farm has the cloud row and is leisurely milling more doodads to see how many of the right side rewards that farm can get...

joanc123, blessedlady2 and SahraB like this.
  9. squigglegiggle

Should have no issue getting the full 115 games done. A bit disappointed that I've had a few games with subpar results - could really use all the points for the right hand side that I can get, I just love the prizes there! Still, I have a good haul of goodies, even if it's not everything - very useful, my farm has come along in leaps and bounds!

10. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

I am on 27445 points! One more lot of drops and i will have finished what I thought was impossible! I used four lots of super grow (4 x 202) and I brought 600 soot for 810 BB's but I didn't want to get just close! And the event finishes at 2 am NZ time and I was up late last night trying for 135 each time. (missed a few by one or two or four)
    :DYahoo!
    A huge Thankyou to ChayaAvery and zerodegrees for your time and effort into the labelled pictures. They are a Godsend for us plodders! Well done, you are the Best!
    :inlove:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  11. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Finished the first list and got to 90 on the second. :) Congrats to those making their goals!

12. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I am in 2133 points in the second list. I do not know whether I will finish the second list in full. But will be getting the Super Jumbo Tree. So happy. It is the drops that are evading my farm. I can make one last harvest in another 1 hr 54 mins. With that the event is over for me. Let's see how much far I can go.

joanc123 and blessedlady2 like this.
  13. illy1996

This farm managed to get to level 106 on the points side and Chevrefeuille made it to 100. Not bad at all. I seem to remember doing this event before and not getting anywhere near that. So I'm pretty happy and I have some BBs to spend (or hoard more likely!), :music:

14. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

Messed up on this one. Finished the left side with an extra harvest to spare. Decided not to go any further because there was no way I would finish the right side. Played the mini games and then found that I was 1 harvest away from both the Hellhounds and getting the 17 BBs after that but did not have enough event crops for a full field. Planted what I had and got the Hellhounds but not the BBs.

That's what happens when you are tired and need sleep and get a late start because you didn't transfer fields earlier.

15. squigglegiggle

Finished the left side and have done a few extra games. Won't quite make it to 100 on the right unfortunately - will fall just short of 99

16. 12ss12

Finished at level 150 on the right side. Got the Hellhound III Red stable. Whew :oops: Very much tiring mini game. It shouldn't have been 60 items to find. :oops: But after a long time, I played tooth and nail chasing the finish line.:) Don't know whether it was wise of me to strain very much for it. But I think the reward was worth the strain - Jumbo tree & BBs.

Please help me chose what to do with the BBs. Shall I go for menagerie or for Pets ? I have 344 BBs. I do not invest real money into this game. So I want to buy something useful for the farm.

Thanks to everyone who sent me the drops. They were very useful.

Thanks to zerrodegree & Chavey for your pictures.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  17. illy1996

I did the Find 10 Objects right till the end and then switched to Find 60 - I could not have done that all the way through, I was quite goggle-eyed even after 10 games! Also, when I tried it originally, my scores were awful. But I was getting the top score most of the time. :D

So, if I remember the next time, I will do Find 10 and switch to Find 60 when I know the picture inside out ... and then only for a few games, just to bump up my points a bit. :music:

SahraB, joanc123, Brookeham and 3 others like this.
  18. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Old Hand

When this event started I viewed it as a special challenge for myself as I suffer from tremours 24 hr. a day. lol, don't always hit where I am aiming. I had about 10,000 SG saved from over the years. Placed manageries and manafactories and workshops on magical glade to collect soot. Also planted instant roses. No luck from the wheel for powderpuffs. But this time I did it. Got all 160 from the right siide. I played a lot of games because the most I got was 95 for some of my games. Thus the reason for being upset over the magacal glade. May never happen again but this time it did and I was able to complete the challenge I was aiming for.
    Congrads to all for their accomplishments!!!

SahraB, zerodegrees, joanc123 and 5 others like this.
  19. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I would go for a menagerie, it gives both increased production and increased drops for many events. Pets were more exclusive before, now we often have items or cloud rows that give EP bonuses that years ago you would mostly get from pets. I guess there are some pets that have other buffs besides EP, but I think they are mostly sold for RM, I might be mistaken though, haven't paid close attention lately.

20. 12ss12

Thanks Mir. I will go for menagerie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.