Strategy Thread "A Gothic Story"

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by imalattanhalka, Oct 6, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepsishot

pepsishot Forum Expert

I have given up on this event. I am now working over 40 hours a week and I messed up day 1 and can't seem to get the harvests in without using extras to speed them up and I don't want to do that everyday. It'll take all my supplies. Hoping they do this style again in the winter when things at work are slower and I don't have to be there so much.

Hope the event goes well for all!!

2. shee.lagh

shee.lagh Forum Apprentice

Found them. on my first page. What do you think, is it worth using the comfort field or the normal one?

3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Comfort Fields are good if you have the SG and Suzi's SSG. For each 2x2 plot, you get 23 plants BUT you need 3 seeds to plant so I use the calculation of each plot gives 20 plants if you use SSG and CAC. That makes 880 per harvest. :p
    With 1x1s, depending whether you use the whole field but for comparison purposes, 176 1x1s with CAC, you will net 704 but again you need to factor in planting seeds so that makes 704 - 176 = 528 total plants. :)
    It all depends what you have got to speed things and, of course, how much time you have to do the harvesting. :D

Pepishot: Sorry to hear that RL has got in the way of this event for you - I know I have messed up in the past with these daily events trying to juggle everything and still missed finishing. Not an easy event at all!;)

4. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

I guess this teapot drop will make us sad. :(Only 80 drops were dropped from the carnation field.:(

ctindaldavies and sanddollar15 like this.
  5. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Yes I have to agree with you. Same 1x1 Rose hip as for tea strainers. Only got 78 tea pots as opposed to the 114 tea strainers.

I haven't read back yet, but sorry to hear you have to give it a miss Pepsi. I made a couple of errors myself which had me backpeddling. Its hard to keep up when work is dragging your attention away. I walked in the door with 15 mins to spare before the part end, and realised I was going to be 200 odd storybooks short. Ended up buying the basket for a few dollars.

trishap58 likes this.
  6. imalattanhalka

FAQ " Only the Tea Strainer can be gifted to/from neighbours and friends, for free as long as it is one of your 5-7 free daily gifts, ....."
    I did not pay attention to this sentence in the explanation. The gift is also not sent ...-.->:(

7. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Tea pots can be got with each breeding. There is a Baby Boom starting early Saturday so I have loaded my breeding pen ready.

8. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Reminder: Tea pots can only be gotten if you breed Oct10th at 14:00 Cest ending Oct 10th at 14:00 Cest! I don't want you to miss out on Tea Pots if that is your goal! ;)

9. illy1996

Thanks Imalattanhalka and Sanddollar - I missed that and blindly gifted everyone today and yesterday with Pumpkin Routines! xD

ctindaldavies and sanddollar15 like this.
  10. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I breeded some animals to get this ready (it's baby boom!), while I do not have time to grow crops to get drops.
    I almost forgot to donate everyting to the daily quest.

11. imalattanhalka

I planted Rose after the carnation. The 6-hour rose harvest yielded 36 drops.:eek:
    Then I planted cloves again. Surprise after 12 hours ... 70 drops ..-.-
    And again, again, I was able to complete it again with the baby bang activity. My precious PF's are gone.:cry:

trishap58, Mooboy and ctindaldavies like this.
  12. Soriah.Uys

Soriah.Uys Forum Greenhorn

Good daynall

I will also see how far can i get with this event. I coudnt finish the first 2 also. The event crops takes too long to grow firstly and the drop items are poor. And its only 1 field for plant and 1 field for drop items. Thats a bit not nice. But i carry on and see

Thanx everyone

13. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

So far, so good. Three levels completed although yesterday on my other farm I harvested in the morning before I added CAC so had to waste supergrow on a whole field of 1x1 to get enough crops. Lesson learned - until the next time.

14. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

I've finished this one thankfully. Not sure how, no extras other than water and manure. So I planted a field of globe berries just to compensate for what will be donated shortly, and that field of little old globeberries gave out 32 teapots where roses gave only a few more. Go figure....

@farmerumf, I did that either yesterday or the day before. I'm losing track.

trishap58, farmerumf and sanddollar15 like this.
  15. illy1996

Or maybe not, in my case! :cry:

And I did it again! Thankfully I still have lots of SG left and will nuke the plots I need to get going and will continue as I did before! :p

16. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

The drop rate for teapots is more harder to obtain even with Crops that give us the best drops for any event

Even for me as I used White Roses only gave me 88 Teapots, Then I used Rose Nip refinement it gave 95 Teapots, But still short on Teapots to finish the timed quest

I feel sorry for all farmers using Power Feed to get Teapots, It is most expensive way to get 1 Teapot using 2 Power Feeds, It is never ethical nor efficient to gain event drops such as Teapots

When any farmer falls short on Drops is to try implementing a Nuking tactic of Refined SG Booster at least 25% effectiveness, Plus SG Booster Cloud Rows, I think there is at least Two Cloud Rows, maybe Three spanning back over 10 years of Farmerama I can only think of these two so far

The concept of nuking gives the ability of instant event drop guarantee per comfort field Just using 1 Supergrow combined with all Supergrow boosters including Fruit Bread and White Innocents Crafts

Supergrow can be obtained even working on refinements to refine crops that give 25% Supergrow booster, Using Crates,Farm wheel spins,Party tickets spins,Farm Coins,completing Quests plus Also I have Super Jumbo Trees which I have in my Magical Glade they give 4 Supergrow per Tree using 1 SSG double it to 8 Supergrow per Tree

I have been Stocking up my Supergrow when I am short on drops it ones in handy to compensate short fall on drops as some events su h as this one and few few other recent events primary I am saving Supergrow for Moonlight Mania events overr next two weeks ;)

Super Grow Boosting Cloud Rows
    • Pharaohs Herbs Cloud Row
    • The Chestnut King
    One of the key issues on short fall of drops is lost Idle Time it can be either unable to access the game in a storm,problem using your pc,laptop,tablet or smartphone which i am using, over slept it happen to me today, busy with family and chores, get distracted by love ones and those who have to work

we all tryout best to minimise lost idle time quiet often it can't be helped someone us so addicted to this game we neglecting our sleep or cheating nature:wuerg::wuerg:

I do empathise to those whom not have some of these in our farms but it is yiur new incentive to work on Nuking concept

I know Zerodegrees does nuking tactic as so appreciate The pharoah Herbs Cloud which is great resource for instant drops even seeking rare tool drops or Sugar and salt for crafting benefits another benefit using Supergrow vs Using Powerfeeds

I like to share this with you so you can enjoy this game from different perspective hmmm I wonder what Broke thing of this lol:p

17. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

It is about time to prepare for tomorrows quest to get booksmarks. You will get these drops when harvesting your crops and trees on the Bahamarama plantation only!

I do not mind breeding animals, when there is baby boom. It is usually the only occasion, when I use Power feed. Today my schedule did not match the schelule of the event. Breeding was easy and quick solution this time. I can't remember when I last grew instant flowers, nowadays normal plants seeded in rigth time is usually enough to get enough drops. These one day events are a little bit trickier. I usually save my super grow for event plants when needed.

Crates, Farm wheel spins, Party ticket spins, Farm Coins, completing Quests plus also mill gives Power feed also.

lode99, ctindaldavies and Mooboy like this.
  18. +
    Birthday wish Cloud Row. 5% more effective SG for 6 hours, Reset time 42 hours.

Mooboy and ctindaldavies like this.
  19. pepsishot

pepsishot Forum Expert

I'm bummed because I missed a day and the giver I'm sure I need at the end of it all. Maybe it'll be something I can get during the Gift and Trade event at some point.

trishap58 and ctindaldavies like this.
  20. imalattanhalka

Quest 4 finished. Next ...
    460 bookmarks
    I hope Saguaro will do enough.

farmerumf and ctindaldavies like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.