Strategy Thread: Alien Snake Eyes

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by illy1996, Mar 8, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I have finished first 65 mini games and have the CR up and running. I am playing on as I am trying to get to the Piccolo box
    on the right! :) If I do get it great, if not, no big deal I think the dice game is fun any way!;)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I also have the CR up and going. Aiming for the Neon stable at the end but will just enjoy the mini event.

I got a farmwheel bonus that closed the gap between crops and drops. I have used all my lucky dice and will need to put trees out tonight to continue playing. I didn't check how many I had left before last planting at bedtime, and the reliance on my memory proved to be a mistakexD. I planted crops overnight to take advantage of the farmwheel bonus. I like to mill games after each harvest so I don't have so many to play all at once. But will wait until tree harvest in the morning to reduce crops needed :)

3. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

The best strategy that I have learned by playing Yahtzee is do Not, as a rule, keep two pair. Just keep one pair because this keeps open the possibility of getting four or five of-a-kind. An old poker player once told me to keep open the possibility of the best hand and this kind-of applies here.
    The Only time I would keep two pair is if I already had both four and five of-a-kind for both the pairs showing.

4. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

I personally don't put much stock in all these rituals people engage in to improve the odds of a good outcome from RNG-based mechanics. Our brains are really good at detecting patterns that don't actually exist in reality so I have a hard time seeing these "strategies" as anything more than hearsay where people are confusing spurious correlations with causation. I think it's best to take such tips with a huge grain of salt. In fact, I remember reading one of BP's newsletters from the early years of Farmerama where they poked fun at some of the speculative theories re: drop rates. I think BP already has enough trouble keeping track of all the various buffs in this game and there's no need to overcomplicate things by tracking all these extra variables.

Short answer: No, I doubt there is any strategy like the one you mentioned that will increase your chances of getting a higher score. It's just the luck of the roll. I was able to score a four of a kind, long straight, and even the occasional flush on my side farms with the one free game we all get at the start of each Snake Eyes event even though those farms had no intention of going any further.

I do think one can benefit from playing more games at once, however, as it makes it easier to learn what not to do more quickly. If you only play 1-2 games at a time, I feel like you'd be more tempted to go for those high-risk, high-reward moves which rarely ends well for me. I usually go all the way to 25,000 points so in my case, I think it's more important to focus on getting a consistent high-ish average rather than risk everything in order to maximize points in each individual game. If I get a full house early in the game, for instance, I will take it and settle for the 150 points without bothering to use up the rest of my moves instead of getting greedy and throwing it away in the hopes of getting a four of a kind or a flush, only to end up with a three of a kind for a lousy 60 points. I don't know if this is the right decision if you only have a handful of games to play but sticking with the safer bet like this has reduced the number of games I needed to complete the points side significantly.

I also prefer to keep one pair or a set of 2-3-4 or 2-3-4-5, not just to keep my options open but also to increase the probability of a useful outcome when I roll the remaining die/dice.

I've never played Yahtzee before and am learning as I go through trial and error so... reader beware, my advice may not be as sound as I'd like to think it is. :p

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  5. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Old Hand

To those who "hate numbers and odd´s" - simple winning tactic is
    If you have AFTER 2 rounds:

2 pairs - try full house (20 points from 3 of a kind and leave one pair aout... noub)
    full house - take it (4 of a kind and 30 points is not a forth of it...)

(Yes I have university degree learnings in math at least some knowledge... but not good in english so hope you understand if something is wrong in spelling without translate program...)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    sapeli likes this.
  6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

My husband and I play a different dice game - we call it 10,000. And we play it with a lot of dice so it goes fast.

But, I've also played yahtzee for years...

As with real dice, there is some strategy that can be applied in this mini-game, but it doesn't always pan out.

Things I have learned:

#1 - whatever you get on your first roll likely will determine the outcome. In other words, if you get something worth at least 150 (full house or above), keep it. The exception of course, being 4 of a kind. Keep the 4, roll the last one to see if you can get 5, don't hold your breath.

#2 - I have learned NOT to keep 2 pair. Pick a pair or throw all 5 again. The odds are very very slim that you'll get a full house.

#3 - Watch what things are worth. The first time out rolling 3 of a kind is worth 160. But, 4 of a kind even without the bonus is worth 180. So go for the 4 of a kind (or yahtzee). You'll eventually get the 3 of a kind.

#4 - small/large straights - when the first roll has 2-3-4 or 3-4-5, keep those. Roll the remaining dice. A small straight of any combo is worth double what a pair is worth. If you can manage the large straight - bonus!

Anyway, my farms have milled enough dice to play to the cloud row. Just have to play off the games.

7. sapeli

sapeli Junior Expert

In this Yatzee-game, there is a lot of different ways to get good result! As many as players :)

My HDD & BB Breedings - 3 times 132, get me 10,9 and 11 Lucky spice dises, average exact 10 of 132 = 7,575 % about 396 times of breeding.

Now I have all-ready CR with 65 games and 36 LSD´s left but not so many crops... in our local time, my Farm Wheel crops +1 for 6 hours ends local time 3.49 AM... so, not so many sleeping hours this time but I´m I'm a pensioner so I have time to take a nap if the others do too tomorrow.

Lucky (Dises) to everybody!

dumbunny and sanddollar15 like this.
  8. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

Finished. My neon chest has turned into a chameleon and now it's time to spend your star coins.

dumbunny, IpsiDei and sanddollar15 like this.
  9. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I have CR up and running. I played 70 games, didn't even get halfway on the points side so I'm stopping there to carry on chipping away at those FSQs. :music:
    I enjoyed the mini-game but didn't get all the possible outcomes. :p

10. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I am now done with this event as I just got to level 73 on the "points side" and have the piccolo box!:music: I had 2,940 coins to spend,
    so I am now going back to normal farming! Good luck everyone I hope you all reach your goals too!;)

11. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

All four farms have the CR up and running. Like illy, about 75 games average. I will play a few more but the main field is back to 2x2 plots for easy harvesting. Not worried about how far I get from here.

12. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Reminder to spend your coins.

hatzeva, dumbunny, Mooboy and 2 others like this.
  13. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Finished the event with 178 games and my Neon crate became a Neon Ostrich :)

Good luck to those still working. Congrats to those already finished :)

14. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Long Way to go ! 159 games, only Jazzy is number ONE´s, all other series done many times long time a go...

Just 21340 points, great tactic to get all those Full Houses but now, every time double pair with one roll... and no Full House even...

But only goal was Piccolo, in the shop, only 4 most expensive Mystery Stalls every of those 2 times "not sold" all other shop is "sold out".

still going on...

edit: With this progress, if there are no first-time "Flush", I won't have time to get all the prizes.

Because now 10 games more, 1230 more points
    than the last time, i.e. 22570.

So
    almost 2500pts are missing, of course also missing 5x "Flush" and 5x400=2000 pts and/if /but there is a miracle, maybe then, maybe then...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    Mooboy, Tarsis63 and sanddollar15 like this.
  15. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I have done my best without using too many mulches and Super Grow this was challenge in itself ;)xD

I did gained lots of Mulches from Jumbo Trees and also Super Grow from Super Trees using Tree Buff:D:D

Therefore did not drain much of my Mulch and Super Grow stock in my barn as i got 00000 of them lol i must be hoarder of these dont ask me WHY lol xD:p:D

I got as far as Level 83 i am happy with prizes in terms of resources used I got Full Flush 3 X :D:D:D

I enjoyed this event i could made it to level 100 but was busy at times :p:p

16. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Can't understand the PROGRAMMING in this game!

In a real Yatsy game, the scoreboard has 19 different options:

ones, twos, ... , sixes, two pairs, threes, fours, small straight, big straight, sum and Yatsy.

My record is 374 points and out of those 19 throws EIGHT times Yatsy! 8 times !!!

Now 180 games (540 throws vs. real-life 19 !), ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY games and exactly ONE time it was Yatsy! with the same tactics as throwing real dice...

I would say "keep your game"... In Finnish there is a (Kummeli)-joke like "keep your jack"...

So 180 games (540 throws!!!) and ONE YATSY and not even the end of the scoreboard, but 23670 points!

UGH - I've spoken!

EDIT: last time under 100 games (300 throws) and I got all 6 Yatsy´s!

17. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Um, Nuubi-Joonas, if you were playing dice with my husband and me and got five of a kind 8 out of 19 throws, we would be insinuating that you may have sacrificed one of the bunnies that live under the shed in our backyard. It's a running joke at our house anytime anyone (including my husband or me) is extremely lucky with dice throws.

The rabbits moved in around the same time we did (2006). We've been playing 10,000 since we got married (1981). We used to play with 5 dice. Then we upped it to 8. Then I got some lovely English made dice that come in sets of 12. Now we play with 12. Even tossing 12 dice, it's unusual to get more than 5 of a kind, but it does happen. I had a perfectly reasonable score the other day and my husband rolled 8 ones (that adds up to 32000 points) and that was the end of the game. I couldn't beat that.

BlackCaviar and Noelle20001 like this.
  18. MDUKE

MDUKE Forum Greenhorn

I have just paid for the arboretum. Where do I find it ? And what is the best way to use it

19. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

It will be in the same place as you find your trees (main farm Arboretum will be in main farm inventory and Baha Arboretum will be in the Bahamaram inventory). Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.