"Summer Days" - Weekend Quests

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Jun 11, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Yup...t-shirts galore!

I spent money to finish...drop rate was just not good. I gotta work on getting those last couple trophies in the magic tree on this farm and PM23's. Maybe that will help? SL's farm has them all and that farm didn't have an issue, but, I suspect it might also be because that farm has more than one CR that improves drop rates on mainland fields. If the perfect storm happens and they all activate at the same time...

12ss12 and sanddollar15 like this.
  2. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

Again...
    Let's not forget, mission 6 starts tomorrow.8)

mika-1986, farmerumf and sanddollar15 like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks, was on my way to say the same. Only doing the first half of this one and then I'm done with it. :music:

imalattanhalka and farmerumf like this.
  4. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

ooo no I forgot again.:wuerg:o_O

12ss12 and sanddollar15 like this.
  5. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

161 drops from chrysanthemum - not a good start. I have refined raspberries in now which will be ready to harvest just before bedtime. I hope the rate improves.

6. illy1996

180 drops from Hydrangeas! :)
    I forgot that I had a few crops left from last week when I didn't finish. But I miscalculated and thought I had enough - DOH! :wuerg: Good news is, I didn't use them all and also I only need 300. I am only doing the first part for the Wonder Stable and then it's back to the FSQs ... which take forever! -.-

12ss12 and imalattanhalka like this.
  7. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

We can only buy the basket once, so drops are going to be crucial. Off to harvest buckwheat with every howie I have on the field...

Turns out this farm had reeds in... 152 drops. Whew! Growing the event crop now, but will put in a long timed crop this evening as I won't be able to harvest until around 2 p.m. on Saturday.

Edited post: only 152 drops. I had bought the basket, so 100 of those 252 drops were purchased. Need moar coffee...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  8. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

My record: 201 drops from 201 plots of Buckwheat with one Howie and couple of increased drop cloud rows!

9. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Initial harvest of stables and edge trees brought me a total of... 4 drops.

[​IMG]

10. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Too funny zero!
    I've given up on these quests, too many calculations and too much worry, and in the end just anger and disappointment. Drop requierments are just ludicrous. Congrats to all that manages to keep up, hats off!

11. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Ahhhh... I was going to ask how you get so many drops. I didn't realise there were cloud rows out there that give increased drop rates.
    I didn't pay attention to drops. I did have hydrangeas in for the start but I don't think I am doing so well now. I've only gotten 256 drops from crops so far ( and another dozen from gifts). 2 harvests of event crops to go then I can start working on drops, but it is such manure that we have to rely on using SSG for everything.

12ss12 and imalattanhalka like this.
  12. illy1996

I've done all I want to do. Got my Thames stable in place ... just hoping for something good! :music:

13. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

For both of us who returned to the game after 7 years, this is an irreversible situation :)
    Maybe in the future, CRs similar to this CR will be given as a reward.
    For now, the Howies are our only savior.

Initially, 199 drops were dropped.
    I have completed the herb required for the event.
    Now I continue with roses .
    My new book is called: Howie and war of the roses xDxD:p8)
    signature : Imalat Brown:p8)

sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  14. zerodegrees

Drop rate can be increased with Howies and buffs from cloud rows, pets, and charged givers. When combined with refinements and other buffs that reduce time on crops/trees, even events with high drop requirements like this one are not a problem. ;)

I finished a little while ago with 62 drops left over. One more harvest of long crops just before the quest ends should give me a nice head start on the next one. :music:

Noelle20001 likes this.
  15. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Zero great work congrats! :inlove:

But I beg to differ, no matter what - one can only finish these events by spending money on SG or SSG. I've been here over 10 years and have all the buffs, pets, Howies etc. available, and know the tactics to generate the best drops + have fantastic neighbours that gift, and still I'm way off getting the drops needed. First couple of event I tried to keep up using SG but soon realized it was just ridiculuos.

As said: hats off to all of you that manages to keep up!

Meggan2010, Mooboy and harry011975 like this.
  16. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I believe I need to crow something instant to get this finished, Chesnut row is available before end on this event. I am not lucky with Greenhouse, I just do not get SG Love for new plants.

Mooboy likes this.
  17. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

The greenhouse hates me. All the incarnations of me.

I am done done and done...the three participating farms are all done. I had to spend BBs on drops. Unavoidable because I'm non-functional on Saturdays due to RL farmer's market - gone until about 2 p.m. after that I'm a zombie so I do as little farming as possible so as not to make a complete mess of things while brain is disengaged.

Mooboy and sanddollar15 like this.
  18. zerodegrees

Thanks. :inlove:

Ok, I was wrong to say the high drop requirements are not a problem because it clearly was for you despite using similar tactics. But at the same time, the assertion that one can only finish these events by spending money on SG and SSG can't be true either, because I was able to finish all of these quests without resorting to that and there are similar success stories out there.

What I posted was very general advice; for instance, I mentioned trees but in this particular quest, I don't know if trees would have been the wisest choice for drops in this quest (probably not). I can only describe what works in theory based on my own experience and what I've heard from others. I know these tactics work because I have used them with great success.

In practice, however, a lot of other factors will affect the outcome such as your schedule, which crops you use with what refinements, how many buffs you have and when you choose to activate them, etc. My implementation of the same set of tactics will look nothing like yours and vice versa. One farmer claims to have used 7 Howies and managed to produce just under 400 extra drops for next weekend, another used 32 Howies and only managed 96 extra drops - see what I mean?

This quest was stress-free for me. I started with 4 drops and ended up with 254 extra, and not a single drop of SG or SSG was used. If I had put my longest crop out before starting the event, I would be looking at 450+ extra drops by now. I'm sorry the same cannot be said for you and many others but I don't know what else to tell you.

I think from now on, I will leave the strategy stuff to others as they seem to be better at sharing tips in ways that are both inoffensive and easier to understand. I am not so good at that, it appears. :oops: I can't stand to see any form of suffering even if it's in a game so I can sometimes be a little overzealous in my attempts to help lol. I will work on that in the future and try to be more sensitive to the fact that many just want to come here and vent when they are unable to finish. I've been feeling this way for a long time now so don't worry, none of this is really in response to anything you said specifically - just thinking out loud here.

xDxDxD

The greenhouse can be one of the most frustrating aspects of the game but also the most rewarding. We've all been there. Keep at it!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    dumbunny, Mooboy and sanddollar15 like this.
  19. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Zero -please do not stop posting in strategy! Rather share your secretes ;)
    No criticism towards you whatsoever, I'm just frustrated with BP.

My total count of Coco water this weekend was 321 but 956 was asked for. I know things like lenght of growing time , buffs, refinements etc. play a big role but I have all of those, and have used them but to no avail. Now I've put all my Super Jumbo SSG and SG trees out so I'll be better prepared for when they throw us another event like this.

Best of luck all!

zerodegrees, Mooboy and sanddollar15 like this.
  20. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I too been playing this game into my 10th Year, We all have different methods how to boost drops, I have 29,000 Super Grow, Also have 12,000 SSG too

I have been completing Events, doing quests and harvesting my Super and Suzy Trees as i still got some quests still to complete

I always use crops that gives best drops, but it does help using buffs to reduce crop times, My Back up has always been using Nuking Refinement using Green Energy which gives instant drops when it fall short on Event totally requirements of Drops, as i can ease get back the SuperGrow i have consumed

I have never Brought SG or SSG as i no need too due to my barn has health stocks of these

You only SG Love in Greenhouse , Activated combined with SG Booster CR, Only need do refinements on maybe 2 or three crops to get SG Love at 25%, SG Boosters Buffs does the job done to get instant drops with the need for water and Manure, I often put out 44 Comfort Fields, i no longer put out Howie Donuts as they have put cap on 1 drop per Comfort Field, Sadly Howie Donuts are not effective during Nuking Tactic on Comfort Fields as i always get 44 Instant drops per harvest

I also keep most of my Super Trees in non Event Fields, so i can stock them in advance for upcoming events that why i dont vent or moan, just found a way to enjoy farming effectively;)

zerodegrees and sanddollar15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.