supergrow, water and manure not working

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by idkidk10, Jan 1, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idkidk10

idkidk10 Forum Apprentice

IDK if anyone else has this issue but my supergrow, water and manure don't actually work to the % they say they're suppose to.

I've noticed when I use them they don't really have much effect so I started ensuring I really take notice when I use them and calculate if they're working but my instincts were right, they're not fully working to the % they say they will. i.e I'll use supergrow on a crop with 40 mins left and it's suppose to reduce the time by 50% but it only reduces 25%, water and manure have even more incorrect %. Does anyone else have this happen?

2. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello idkidk10,

To get the full benefit of fertilizers, you need to apply them at the start of planting. Applying it towards the end does not automatically reduce it by 50% as the whole growth time is taken into consideration.

Can I assist you further?

3. Nordais

Nordais Forum Veteran

What shooger.sweet is saying is that the reduction % of everything is applied only to the time remaining on the crop growth time, not to the time the crops takes to grow (sowing time shown when you select the crop). You have to know that even though manure is advertize as reducing growth time by 10%, it only does so if you've opened that specific rune in the Tree of Wisdom. That run also affects the reduction time of super grow from 50% to 60%. Also, some cloud rows (bean stocks) affect the % of super grow for a few hours after being harvested.

It's not as straightforward as adding the %: super grow 50% + water 20% + manure 5% = 75% reduction time.

Lets say you're sowing a 1h crop (60min)
    you add super grow (50%) = 60min x 0.5 = 30min reduction from super grow
    your crop gets a 30min reduction = 60 min - 30min reduction from super grow = time left to grow 30min
    after that you add water (20%) = 30min left x 0.2 = 6min reduction from water
    your crop is now 30min left - 6min reduction from water = 24min growth time left
    after that you add manure (5%) = 24min left x 0.05 = 1min 12s reduction from manure
    your crop is 24min left - 1min 12s reduction from manure= 22min 48s growth time

if you had added the reduction % without taken into account the time left, you'd get 75% reduction, so 60min x 0.75 = 15 min

You can see that there's huge difference between 22min 48s and 15min. So the real growth time left after applying all 3 can be calculated with 0.5 x 0.8 x 0.95 = 0.38 x 100% = 38%
    60min x 0.38 = 22min 48s

So for each hour (60 minutes) left, applying all 3 will reduce the time growth to 22min 48s. You can try this starting with water, or manure and it won't change a thing because in the end, the reduction time is always calculated based on the time left to grow.

If we apply the same math when you've activated the Rune that boosts super grow reduction time from 50% to 60% and manure from 5% to 10%, we get a factor of 0.288 (or 28.8%) of time left to grow. This means that applying the 3 on a 1h crop growth time will reduce the time growth to 17min 17s.

I'm sorry is this is making your head spin, but I can't find a better way to explain it.

All this to say that by using all 3 (super grow + water + manure) without activating the rune reduce the growth time by 62% (not 75%), leaving your with 38% of the time growth, ie 60min x 38% (or 0.38 in decimal format) = 22min 48s
    If the rune is activated, applying all 3 (super grow 60% + water 20% + manure 10%) gives together a reduction effect of 71.2% (not 90%), leaving you with 28.8% of the time growth , ie 60min x 28.8% (or 0.288 in decimal format) = 17min 17s.

Noelle20001 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.