Feedback Tales from the Comic Store

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, May 8, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

supplychainmay2024_news.png
    Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Tales from the Comic Store" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

I find this game to unnecessarily complicated. The exchange rate is confusing. There are a lot of steps involved. I have seen in the past that in you don't purchase a booster, it is a long haul. The instructions are complicated as well.
    I am trying the event but not sure if I will stick to it

3. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Much too complicated for me to understand. I will just grow and do what I can as it is on the event field, but am not a happy bunny.

4. linsue

linsue Forum Greenhorn

There are a step or two too many in this quest, but my particular issue is that I had 10 panda coins and purchased 2 of the arcades. This morning I used the arcade buff for 50% reduction for 1hr, my regular arcades time was reduced to 8.5 hrs, whilst the 2 arcades that have lvl 1 added are at 12 hr 55 min... how is spending panda coins to upgrade the arcade beneficial? I find it a waste since the booster does a better job at reducing the time. I am extremely disappointed with this!

The second issue is the the milled items both use the event plant, making it very difficult to have enough pumpkin-man and capes on hand. I am either feeding the arcade or feeding paradise comics but not both at the same time.

All the fun is diminished but the problems.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
  5. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

i like the minigame,

not a fan of the the game mechanics

too many new items that need other new items to be fed and everything takes a long time to collect so some of it stands idle while waiting for other things to be harvested first

currently i think the prizes may not be worth the trouble especially as it's not even sure i'll be able to finish this event

also i think the free daily minigames should stack so you can play yesterday's game today

6. Naabrimeez

Naabrimeez Forum Greenhorn

"Every player will get 10 Virtual Pumpkin seeds at the beginning of the event."
    "Each player will have 4 x Arcade Cabinets ready to be harvested on the event playfield at the start of the event."
    "Each player will have 3 x Comic Book Trees ready to be harvested on the event playfield at the start of the event."
    "Each player will have 2 x Paradise Comics ready to be harvested on the event playfield at the start of the event."
    After 5 hours of waiting I got 5 seeds. Nothing more! :-(

007Farming, elimeno and BellaMary69 like this.
  7. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

@Naabrimeez :)

If you did not receive all the event items that were to be ready for use at the beginning of the event, please post in Technical Issues with your user ID# so we can check your account.

8. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Veteran

I agree with everyone above...way too complicated. I've only been playing just over two years and still feel quite the novice. I only advanced as quickly as I have due to much good advice and assistance from fellow players. I am retired so my time is more flexible than many others'. While I may joke about my senior status, I'm not unfamiliar with farm games, tech mechanics, etc., but this event has too many things going on which make strategy complicated. I, and I'm sure many others, come to this wonderful game of Farmerama to relax. I sincerely appreciate the hard work of designers, developers, support staff, etc. - truly, I do. Coming to the game and the Forum, is a time where we enjoy a bit of a challenge and help each other reach goals. There's a wonderful sense of camaraderie and satisfaction in helping others feel happy. So far, this event, only seems to cause stress and frustration. I hope there will not be a repeat in the future. I will do what I can, but as I mentioned in the other area, I've way too much going on in real life to come here and feel more stressed and frustrated. Thanks for listening.

9. jäniksenpelätti

two paradise comics are sitting idle, waiting for pixel hearts that are going to be ready tomorrow morning.

i took them out of the field for now, hope I won't forget to put them back tomorrow.

mika-1986, elimeno, farmerumf and 4 others like this.
  10. .Sneezer222.

.Sneezer222. Forum Apprentice

I like this mini game of the book shelves. But the entire game with all the steps...was way too complicated. With some other games I think that at first, but when I crack into it, I can figure out what to do. But I've been trying and trying on this, even with help from other players, but no one else seems to know how best to play it. Just out of my ability, I guess.

11. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

yea I am out...too much

12. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Rube Goldberg is what comes to mind here. I am trying but not sweating over this event. I did take one of the provided items off the field and put the plot into the crop. I doubt this will help much, but it makes one less item I have to mill feed for.

Thumbs down for the idea behind this event.

elimeno, mika-1986, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  13. Raelyn

Raelyn Forum Apprentice

I am really disappointed with this event!
    Im not sure if anyone noticed this but.... If you upgrade the arcade to the lvl 1 it takes 12+ hrs to produce. If you add the time boost before you harvest it does not decrease they time it takes to produce. the regular arcade takes 8.5 hr with the time boost to complete.
    I dont understand what the benefit is to spending the panda coins to upgrade to lvl 1?
    Am I seeing this incorrectly or has anyone else experienced this as well?

14. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Firstly, I would say that I wouldn't be doing this event if it was on any of the main fields but being on the event playing field means it doesn't interfere with any of my usual farming. That's a plus point. :p

The mechanics are too complicated with too many items to collect, mill and donate - far too many plates to keep spinning at the same time to make the event enjoyable, not to mention all the different timings. -.-

I do like the mini-game - I remember the first time we had this, I couldn't work it out but this time, after a few wrong moves (tried putting the tiles on top of the current books instead of the shelves below), I got it. :music:

This may be fun for those who like complicated strategies but, without our friendly farmers who impart their wisdom in the finer details of events, I would be lost without a clue! And I've been playing this game for 14 years, so I dread to think how new players feel - and they supposedly have a level playing field (pun intended) in that we all have to do it without buffs like CAC! xD
    Try giving us events that give us fun with nice prizes without having to spend 24/7 at the computer. :inlove:

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  15. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Right now I'm just growing crops, harvesting trees and feeding both heart pixel and super pig with taking down the super pig stalls when I don't have the feed needed, just like illy1996. Cannot see how this goes and I'm just packing things up in inventory and will wait to see for donations.

This is the first event that I've played in almost 7 years when I dunno how and if I'll be able to make it to the end. Just too complicated!

Too many different times for harvests, too many different givers to harvest/feed and no way to fasten things up. Just a plain ultra boring and ultra convolated event.

16. MRomain57

MRomain57 Forum Greenhorn

Please, BP, don't do that to us! This event is pure torture. There's nothing enjoyable to it apart from the pretty graphics (kudos for those). I don't see how anyone who sleeps more than 2 hours per night can get the cloudrow without having to buy some baskets.

Also, I read that the arcade cabinet/pixel tree upgrades will be removed after the event. Does this mean we won't have them for the (dreaded) next iteration? What good are they, then? They were the only sliver of hope in this quicksand pit of an event :cry:
    Will we at least get our hard-earned panda coins back??

elimeno, mika-1986, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  17. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Add me to the list of those who think this is unnecessarily fraught with opportunities to mess up. I do enjoy the mini game, but wish that IT was the primary focus, as in, grow crops to be able to play those games. Only playing the two per day is... disappointing. Everything else that needs to be said has been said above - too many steps, too long to wait for things, too many opportunities to cause yourself a problem with no real way to fix it. I've said for years - give us our events on the event field - ALL of them - but give us our hard earned enhancements! NO ONE enjoys these event field events that are like watching paint dry. There are SO many more ways now, in the game, to earn SG and SSG, prices in the market are higher so it takes very little strategy to make enough coins to buy CAC - so let us use what we've learned in our years in the game, on these events!

elimeno, Brookeham, mika-1986 and 4 others like this.
  18. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

After three days of playing this event, I find the problem revolves around the number of Pixel Hearts needed to feed the Comic Shops and/or the length of time of the Arcade Cabinet. Why do we need two Pixel Hearts to feed the Comic Shop? Why can we only harvest the Arcade Cabinet once a day (that's if we want to sleep)? :(
    This is the most difficult aspect though I still think the whole thing is too complex for an event with a difficulty stated as "Medium". :eek:
    I honestly thought I might wing it but that is looking decidedly unlikely. :oops:

Last edited: May 12, 2024
  19. jäniksenpelätti

i took out the stalls that need pixel hearts to feed again... it's going to take 12 hours for the next harvest of pixel hearts.

if bigpoint thought that I'd be likely to buy more baskets to finish an event like this, I'm sorry but they were wrong.

20. acia66

acia66 Forum Apprentice

An interesting event, which sadly I will not complete, which is a rare thing for me.

I do believe that this event can be completed without buying baskets, and I do believe this is the correct approach by BP for this quest and all other future and past quests, in that it is a free game which if you have the time all quests can be completed.

I do think to achieve this quest you would need to be available all day due to various timings of plants etc. Personally, if I see this quest repeated I will not be playing it. BP needs to understand that the players that pay are normally working and can afford to purchase baskets, but will not do so if they cannot achieve 90% of the quest between Friday afternoon and Monday morning.

I will stop waffling, to complicated, needs to much time, not achievable if you work, nooooooooooooooo money for BP, and fail.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    elimeno, Nala777, BellaMary69 and 3 others like this.