Feedback The Age of Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jan 3, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

bahalayerjan2024_news.png
    Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "The Age of Dinosaurs" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. FarmerDelight

FarmerDelight Forum Master

I'm not a fan of this "mill your own crops to grow" trend that I've been seeing in recent events. Makes the game needlessly more complicated than it needs to be. Why not just give us the actual event crop itself?

Brookeham, tlcsquared, Sue46 and 4 others like this.
  3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I also am not a fan of having to "Mill" to get the seeds I need to grow the crop! I also am not a fan of having to wait after I get the crops needed but not having anywhere near the drops, as in, I started with the 5hr crop of Skullette and through luck on the party wheel I got 200% for 12 hours. I then used buffs of fruit cake and white innocence from pantry and used green water on event crops
    so every 54min I was harvesting! I now have all of the 10,300 crops needed but ONLY 528 drops so instead of being able to move on and plant the next event crop of Ammonita, I have to continue by planting other Baha crops till I get the required 820 + 30 DROPS to move on to get the Ammonita seeds to mill! A big waste of my time and the buffs I have in my pantry! I hope this makes sense to others besides me!:p

4. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I also am not a fan of "mill the crops" but I am less a fan of, not being able to accomplish anything with one harvest! When we win bonuses on the wheel or use them from our pantry, I don't expect drops to keep up with crops, but if we are NOT using bonuses, drops should match, and either way, I prefer steps where you can accomplish SOMETHING with a single harvest! It is frustrating to have to do multiple harvests of a 10 hour crop to get anywhere. Overall, I don't mind this event dynamic, it's different to what we do a lot of the time, but I just despise not being rewarded for my work.

5. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

I've not done this type of event many times and almost skipped it, but because the dinosaurs are so cute, I decided to give it a go. Based on strategy comments, I began with long-grow crops and threw all my fert, S/SG on the crops. Of course I ran out midway through, but I plowed on to the CR last night and stopped after doing the next step for the rewards. I was left with 107 excavation tools.

Now back to regular farming and very happy with my results. The two Wonder stables turned into an Orange crab pool AND a Loris! Very happy me as it's been a long time since any Wonder stable turned into either a new or not owned critter. Back to regular farming and quests. Because of this, I am glad I did the event, albeit half-way. If I do a similar event in the future will depend on rewards and my stock of S/SG.

6. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Learned my lesson and only did half the event. My main farm just harvested its last field and was able to get the cloud row. My baby farm kept up with my main farm but I'm missing 144 drops! I should be able to cover that with the last 48h or so left for this event.

Back to normal farming too, I'm just glad to have gotten this out of the way.

sanddollar15 and MeadowCrossing like this.
  7. teeceebeemee

teeceebeemee Advanced

I am going to be about 300 drops short of completing this event. I notice that drop requirements have come down about 10% on similar style previous events, but drops were 50% too high to start with! The amount of drops associated with the short timed crop is the problem, but the amount of crops on one field is astronomical. I could buy the drops but what would that teach BP?
    You got it wrong to start with and it is still an unbalanced event. And your changes are glacial. I will relook at this style of event in about ten years when you get it right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.