The Age of Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nordais, Jan 3, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

A Bahamarama Plantation event only where players need to chose a short time crop (Skullette 5h) or a long time crop (Ammonitia 10h). After chosing an event crop, players will need to mill the starting seeds with amber and either de Green or Red Tint. Each player will get 10 ambers at the beginning of the game and the system will book in another 5 ambers of none is left each 5 hours. Just like the Christmas event, players should always queue crop milling to take advantage of the 5 free ambers each 5h.

The limiting factor in this event is generally drops (Excavation Tools from crops & trees on Bahamarama Plantation only).

To get the cloud row for this event, one needs only to complete 1 event crop, the second one is for bonus prizes.

Starting with Skullette 5h to get the cloud row:Starting with Ammonitia 10h to get the cloud row:
    10300 Skullettes (19 full harvests of 1x1 plots)7040 Ammonitias (13 full harvest of 1x1 plots)
    820 Excavation Tools820 Excavation Tools
    To get to the extra prize (1 Piccolo Box at the end of the second half of the event):

Finishing with Ammonitia 10h to get the Piccolo Box:Finishing with Skullette 5h to get the Piccolo Box:
    7040 Ammonitias (13 full harvest of 1x1 plots)10300 Skullettes (19 full harvests of 1x1 plots)
    930 Excavation Tools930 Excavation Tools
    So to fully complete all steps and get all the prizes, no matter which starting event crops is chosen:

7040 Ammonitias
    10300 Skullettes
    1750 Excavation Tools

Good luck everyone and Happy New Year 2024!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    Axella, Nala777, hatzeva and 11 others like this.
  2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

My strategy for this mechanic is typically to grow the long crop especially when I have a lot going on in real life. Drops are normally the bottleneck for this event, and so I usually just do the first half and call it done. There are some great strategies from other players in previous events like this so I won't repeat it all, but it can be done without purchasing an event basket or staying up all night.

This is also the event mechanic that players will use lablab bean (19 hour vegetable) and use the tropical veggie buffs to greatly reduce its time in order to get drops. That being said, should anyone need a Tiki Timer (reduces tropical veggies 20% and takes no buff slot), please say so and I'm happy to send one.

I have a 24 hour crop planted for initial harvest. Best wishes for the event!

Axella, Nala777, sanddollar15 and 9 others like this.
  3. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

I'm going for long crop version as well. Drops aren't usually a problem, but if I can get away the longer crop it's easier to gauge how I'm doing. If drops are slow I can plant overnight drop crop. If they are going good, I can plant event crop overnight and go back to normal farming at the end.

Axella, Nala777, dumbunny and 5 others like this.
  4. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

In this event, the remaining 900 drops have always been pain and anger. :sleepy: Cloud row with a 10-hour plant as a my goal.:) For the rest of the time, I can follow the strict feedback about the miserable drop situation on the forum. :p:music:

Axella, lode99, Nala777 and 7 others like this.
  5. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thank you Nordais for your detailed post! :inlove: I like to start with the 5hour crop, more harvests hopefully more drops!:p I also have the 24 hour Ixora planted for 1st harvest and my plan is to do whole event ONCE! Good luck every one and I hope the game runs better than it has for the past few days!:oops:

6. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thank you Nordais for doing the sums for us. ;)

I will skip this one and concentrate on the breeding one ... I did consider doing this one but none of the prizes grab me and I would rather carry on raising critters. :p
    Good luck everybody! :)

Axella, Nala777, dumbunny and 2 others like this.
  7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

210 drops from first harvest and Magic trees.

Axella, Nala777, dumbunny and 2 others like this.
  8. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I thought of skipping the event. But at the last minute EOCD got better of me and so I decide to give it a try. Just a try.

Last event I forgot to play the mini games and with the star coins I could have redeemed 2 more prizes atleast. :cry::p

Axella, Nala777, sanddollar15 and 2 others like this.
  9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

My forgetting to do things gets worse when we have all the fields open...I forgot to redeem star coins on the baby farms.

I'm in on SL's farm for sure. Hoping to get to the midway point on this farm and PM23's. Will call it good if I do.

Always start with the longer crops for better drops at the outset.

Put in Saguaro Cacti overnight on the main baha fields. SL's farm has 278 drops so far (thanks, neighbors!).

Axella, Nala777 and Nordais like this.
  10. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

Do NOT "put peas and other vegetables in your nose"

(Finns know that is HeMaPa in the market, frozen Pea-Corn-Paprika-MIX in english - try to use google ENG to FIN PeCoPa = HeMaPa = HerneMaissiPaprika <- please allow this, it is translated!!!

but asking
    do You have that vegetable-mix in your food-stories?)

just kidding but that's what I'm talking about different Drops-rate with the same plant Ixora!

Can I start it now, my friend - ;):p:cry:moaning, grumbling, pain and squirming :oops::inlove::music: <<-- JOKE !

Yes, only 187 drops, but GF get only 129 and my other IRL friend 107 - ALL WE use Ixora´s on the fields and all 30 levels done that "%-thing-in-wisdom-tree". Weird ! And unfair !

Half-way-point is the end-point 8)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    Axella, sanddollar15, Nordais and 2 others like this.
  11. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Sound advice there, Nuubi.

If you are going to attempt to go past the half-way point at all, don't forget to put something really long timed in your mill and follow it with all the ambers in the next slot to game the system and get that extra 5 every 5 hours.

12. Growalot

Growalot Old Hand

Thanks Northy for the number crunching!

I'm using my main farm to get CR by doing only the first half with short crops and using my baby farm with short crops to get rewards and second givers only in the first half (no CR).

I'm very lucky in that I have 3 Jack O'Gifts on main farm which is helping with event crop, and will leave plenty of time to plant long crops to hopefully get enough drops for CR.

As a further (fingers crossed) help for more drops, I'm also using the Turbo Pumpkin giver, plus the Treasure Aplenty and the Farmerama on Ice CR's.

Good luck everyone and happy new year!!

Mooboy, dumbunny and Nordais like this.
  13. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

CR up and running, going for the second half now.

14. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Cloud Row up and ready to harvest tomorrow morning. That's all folks for now. No space for any more stuff on my farm and not worth all that work for another piccalo box.

dumbunny, Nordais and Sue46 like this.
  15. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

Good luck with that!

Same as farmerumf, I'm happy with just doing half the event, nothing interesting as prizes go in the second half to nuke things out for drops! Cloud row aslo up and ready for tomorrow morning.

16. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

My oldest farm, the only one doing this event has the CR up and running. am planting the second crop as I have a bonus running but once the bonus ends, I will probably stop at whatever point I'm at. So glad I didn't start it on the other farms.

17. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Now it looks like BETTER ! 811 / 900 and 9h35min LabLabs´s to the fields small plots. Hope that is enough... in the morning! :)

edit2: from 638 to 811 it takes 2 times middle-side-plots.

dumbunny and Moraine like this.
  18. sapeli

sapeli Junior Expert

Going for it ! Bretty sure of that: 834 / 900 drops, last delivery. Lablab-Beans in the small plots and ready tomorrow (local time) 12:15.

dumbunny and sanddollar15 like this.
  19. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I am also going for it! :) I now have all the crops as I have 8114 and need 7040! :) I also have 852 drops soo I am hoping to get to 900 real soon! Good luck everyone. I hope we all reach our goals!;)
    Finished event! :music::music:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    dumbunny and MeadowCrossing like this.
  20. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Marginally. 913 drops. But it was enough, so - done full 100%.

Even now, you can think that it was "even worth it" IF you knew exactly what THAT Piccolo Box would be.

I mean if you put a few to completion and get the item that I have that produces 11500 CC. Then - it was worth it...xD:wuerg::cry:

Luckily we DON´t know what box gives what, when used more than one at the time!
    <--- I recommend doing it this way, so it will be less annoying 8):inlove::music:;):p

Flower, dumbunny and sanddollar15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.