The Alchemist's Herbs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Aug 3, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

The Achemist's Herbs FAQ

Starts: Wednesday, 4th of August at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Ends: Tuesday, 10th of August at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2)

This is another 2 part event. We last ran this one in September.

Part 1
    Puzzle Game
    Drop items (2)
    Golden Scarab: from Crops and Trees on all Main Farm and Green Meadow only.
    Signet Ring: from Crops, Animals, Workshops and Trees on all 3 Baha fields (same as last time).
    There is also a medium chance of receiving one of the drop items from a breeding action.

Mill item: You will need the mill item to play the puzzle game.
    Jewelled Ankh. Requirement - 22 x Golden Scarabs and 29 x Signet Rings You can use either mill for this.
    The FAQ says both drop items can be gifted however past events have proven this to be incorrect. Let's just wait and see.

The first Ankh is provided free and you will need an additional 59 to complete all 60 games.

Place tiles on the grid so they interlock and make a complete square. The faster you complete it the more bonus points you get.

Totals required for 59 games (60 games - 1 free Jewelled Ankh)
    Golden Scarabs 1298
    Signet Rings 1711

Each game will give 0-4 Mysterious Buds, depending on how quickly you complete the puzzle. Non completion still counts to the game tally, however, does not give any buds. You will need these for part 2.

Part 2
    Each Mysterious Bud gives 1 random seed of either a Water berry seed, Valley Rose Seed or Prickly Fungus seed.
    Seeds can be planted on the main farm and green meadow only. Once harvested the seeds give herbs that can be donated to the event as required. They cannot be replanted to obtain more crops.
    You can also trade surplus herbs back to the game for ones you may be short on (see FAQ), or buy and sell them in the market. These can only be used for donations and not planted to grow more.

Requirements for CR (level 40 of puzzle game) and EP giver items ( 50 Rows part 2)
    Valley Roses2010
    Water Berries1710
    Prickly Fungus1630
    Requirements to complete all 75 levels
    Valley Roses4470
    Water Berries4725
    Prickly Fungus4645

This time around the growing part of the event is harder than it was in September. We have a larger amount of crops to grow with 1 less field. Good Luck everyone! :)

2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for starting the thread, CT. I could not get my head round this one ... too many things to count lol! :p

I think I will work towards getting the drops first and try to get enough of the seeds to plant a whole field. Looks tricky but at least it won't make any difference if we plant the whole lot - no need to think of the seeds left to plant! :D
    Good luck all! ;)

3. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

The last day of the event will again be interesting in the marketplace. :p

Big fields with all the goodies coming into use again. :music:

4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks ctindaldavies, for starting the thread. I don't like this event:music: sooo regular farming for me! Good luck everyone!

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I am sitting this one out. For realz. I hate the mini-game with a purple passion. Good luck to all who participate.

Edited to add (because post is too close to the bottom of page): I decided to try this on sewinglady's farm - for the season points (heavy sigh). The game is sticky! Having to refresh after every game played as prizes are probably being awarded, but the screen doesn't show it (left side rewards, so far). Refresh after EVERY mini-game played is necessary to see progress.

Also, as in past iterations of this event, if you can't figure it out in a few seconds, close the mini-game and go back in. This may also require a refresh. You'll get a fresh set of blocks and the timer resets.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  6. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I feel tiresome. So I am contemplating whether to do this event or not.

7. illy1996

I messed up with this one - I was sure I had put long crops on the Baha lands but I left Chilies overnight! :wuerg:
    Oh well, so it goes. :p
    Hey One-Two, you may be tired, you may be fatigued but you are never tiresome! ;)

8. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

While playing with scorpions I got tempted to do a bit on this event also. Just for fun. I don't think I'll get to the end.

imalattanhalka, joanc123 and 12ss12 like this.
  9. angelikamic

angelikamic Forum Greenhorn

Can't understand why for each game it shows 12 bags, but in reality you get only 5 the most? How to get 12? why to show 12 if even at the game explanations it says the reward could be max 4. very confusing. if someone can explain will greatly appreciate. Thank you.

10. 12ss12

Thanks illy. :D:)

Since I am very tired event to think about this event, I think someone who is energetic will answer angelikamic question. I can only understand 12 from the question. My brain has reached its limit and has gone on a strike. So now, all I do in this game, is to collect drops to mill 39 products and play 39 mini games to get the cloud row. That's the only task I am capable of, right now. I have not sown a single event seed. Waiting to mill all the product and play it at a time as I cannot plan correctly for the +1, +2 +3 crops either. As I said my brain says, 'No more planning or strategy', its STRIKE, STRIKE STRIKE - STRIKE TIME. Its the cloud row which has got me hooked. 100% EP each day is a good one to go for. Else I would have skipped this event.

11. illy1996

I've edited this as I misread the prizes: The prizes on the left are not bags/pouches but mysterious seeds. So for each game played, you win 5 pouches of mysterious seeds.

You get 5 bags/pouches for each game you play plus the prize on the left hand side so when you get a prize of 12 mysterious seeds, for that game you will in fact receive 17 mysterious seeds. ;)
    One-Two, as long as you are enjoying what you are doing, take it easy, you deserve a break and enjoy your CR! :)

DOH! I cannot believe I forgot about the instant crop bonuses during the mini game! I have wasted two of them already! :cry:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  12. AniE

AniE Board Analyst

I wonder when seeds will be available on the market?

13. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Seeds won't go on the market until enough farmers are done with the event and have left overs they are willing to sell - and then on most markets the starting price is so low, they won't sell more than one or two at a time at the highest (still way too low) price possible in an attempt to push the top price up. So the last two days of the event, you'll see some available on the market, maybe. Much depends on your market. If you're on market #9 - don't count on seeing any at all.

14. angelikamic

angelikamic Forum Greenhorn

Thank you.

imalattanhalka, joanc123 and 12ss12 like this.
  15. illy1996

Be careful all! There is an annoying glitch. My games showed 29/27 - like a fool, I continued playing even though I wanted to stop before activating the bonus at level 30! :wuerg:
    Result, I refreshed and I had indeed activated the +2 event crop bonus before I was ready for it. :cry:
    Oh well, a bit more SG on my Yellow Peas and I will plant the event crops I have got ... not the amount I had planned. :eek:
    I'm not doing very well on this game but hey ho, so it goes! I am noticing I am finding a lot of cliches for "c'est la vie" during these events! :music:.
    I hope those of you who are doing this event have better strategy than me! xD

16. 12ss12

Mine too did not show 40 games I played. So I refreshed and got it. Thanks illy.

Warning : The first +1, +2, +3 are only for event crops. The 4 +1s after that are for trees, crops, animals & Workshops.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  17. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

Waiting patiently for prices to rise ;) Patiently, patiently!

[​IMG]

18. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Thanks for the info. It sure helps to be reminded these things in clear an concise way. Appreciated.

19. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

Mission accomplished. :)

The previous Piccolos are also open and the new one can be left waiting in stock.;) No BB trees.

Let’s see if I’m excited about the future drops to use for market sales.
    Depends on price developments.:p

20. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

The downside of finishing side A...... only 5 or less seeds to try and grow the remaining ones for side B, when you need 300-400 each time.
    I haven't had a chance to be online very much for this event, but I was lucky enough to stack my +1, +2 and +3 for a little while. I have run out of SSG now and not sure where to get anymore as I don't want to pay 1BB each for it. I wouldn't mind if the cinema worked LOL

joanc123, spotsbox and AniE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.