The farmer_broke Event

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Jun 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

I am sorry for checking in late, Broke. Thank you for the amusement of a new game. It sounds like fun, but I would rather be a spectator then starting a 5th farm.

I wish I was as smart as Brooke and stuck to the rule of only 1 farm, but the other 3 do come in handy when giving out gifts. It's just that I dislike logging in & out.

I think another fun game would be to guess and list all the Broke farms in chronological order. I have a Bread roll for whoever guesses correctly first.

tlcmom, Nala777 and fishy_broke like this.
  2. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Thanks for the new game, dear Broke. I believe I shall also watch from afar - with great enjoyment! :)
    Best of luck to all participating; and I will gladly sell needed items to those attempting the event!xD

3. fishy_broke

fishy_broke Advanced

sglick did not say something: She has TWO of the broke farms in her nest, TWO. I do really try and check the farms once a day and be sure to send the luv points and a gift from each farm to her.

I also try and let sglick know when a good milestone is reached. Progress is very slow and the event is extremely difficult.

A good mentor can help a farm greatly. (I don't want to give the event way by saying how but sglick knows. :cry:)

Hellooooooooooooo Willow :)

Oh yes, there is good ccs in selling to a participant. But they are often far between because the farm needs an income source perhaps. Perhaps!

To help anyone trying:

I have never tried to accomplish much with a farm beyond level 8 .

The game quests will become available as one increases in level.
    Many one may not wish to attempt because the ep received is too too high.
    Try and keep this simple.
    There is no need to continuously filter through quests you will never work, no need to even look at them.
    Review them as they become available and MARK them. <---------------- a real time-saver
    Those are the only quests one needs to ever look at again.
    One should be careful completing quests just because one can do them. This is guaranteed failure.

I wonder what players are doing with this event? xDxD

MARLYMAR likes this.
  4. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

Huh! This is news to me since sglick knows nothing - nothing at all. :D:inlove:xD:p

MARLYMAR and fishy_broke like this.
  5. fishy_broke

fishy_broke Advanced

Mentor sglick you know something. For example, you now send two power feed each and everyday to the baby farms working this event.

Now to try and help others with the event but not give it away: There are a limited number of quests which may be worked and some involve breeding animals. During testing I found that breeding mainland animals will indeed provide the animal(s) over time. BUT there is an ep cost to breeding mainland animals. Do whatever you want and sometimes whenever you want.

There is TEP for breeding the Baha animals. That TEP is good.
    One may choose to breed monkeys, elephants, camel and/or panda.
    There is a banana cost and bananas become harder and harder to find.
    Most steps provide stars which are needed or Bananas which are needed
    Raising the animals provides the animals for breeding and quests and also generates TEP to advance.

One may surely wait for a baby boom to breed and/or
    that baby boom may also give a drop item which really costs ep and is unfavorable and/or
    One may try and breed on coin day to slowly gather coins and/or
    One may breed every single day

So the mentor may send power feed
    and/or
    One may try and keep their main mill active 24/7 by milling power feed (two at a time when beginning)
    and/or
    One may select the rung on the tree to increase water supply (which allows one to mill 3.......at a time)
    and/or
    One may produce the crops needed for power feed
    and/or
    Purchase the seeds each day
    and/or
    produce the walnuts needed
    and/or
    purchase the walnuts
    One may ask the mentor for TEP givers to place on Baha and/or rainforest
    The mentor may send some animal pens if one needs
    This never ends .....

This event becomes just a bit easier by communicating with the mentor
    and the mentor benefits by communicating through the nest rather than the post office (never been a mentor)

The chick can always kick the mentor out only to need to find another
    and
    The mentor can kick the chickadee out (only to miss the luv points and a good chickadee too)

As extremely difficult as this event is rated ....... YOU make it what YOU make it in many ways.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    MARLYMAR, FrootloopGrove and 12ss12 like this.
  6. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

Thank you dear Fishy for explaining. I just knew to send PF, but I wasn't sure what you were doing with it since it could not be sold in the market.

I never did understand your type of reasoning, but I do understand that you are a good person so you have my total support and Love. :D

And, yes, I love getting luv points. :inlove:

My mentor style is a bit harsh. -.-I kick chickadees out as soon as I notice them drop on the gauge. I Chickadee shop almost everyday - often several times a day.

I have found that I am a mean and greedy mentor :(who only wants points so I can buy a Rent-a-friend (renting a friend is so much easier - LOL) so I can get more stuff that I do not need. ;)

I will answer a chickedee's question, but I never initiate contact. :p

Often, I totally forget about sending my Chickadees a gift until I see the Luv Points coming from the broke farms. Then I rush to the farm house to reciperate(sp) the Love. :inlove:

Broke - you are the ideal chickadee for me and I am so grateful that I have you twice. :inlove::D:inlove:xD

MARLYMAR, tlcmom and fishy_broke like this.
  7. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

OK posting "No Likes" to this post :music:
    xD

Oh snap level 89 :wuerg: that puts me out too :eek: and I've been working hard :cry: and there are still things I have not completed like...

9. Shipwreck bay unlocked
    10. Obtain a mentor ... had one and done
    12. At least one cress refinement
    13. Crystal Falls open ... not all open
    16. Crop trophy maxed... 24
    17. Animal trophy maxed... 30
    Well, have fun everybody:D

PS just got done reading Fishy's post...
    and I thought that I had a good mentor once or twice. I always gave up the love points and the extra gift every day (unless I could not log on, on any given day) I have never had an English speaking mentor and the communication was very limited. I have fired mentors for not gifting even though I would always send the love. Only once did I ever receive PF so I thought that was something special hummmp

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    MARLYMAR, 12ss12 and sanddollar15 like this.
  8. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I guess if I had read the event facts:music: I would be out too!xD
    1st I am over level 40 (well dah!)
    2nd I only have one farm and being the numbty I am that is a good thing!:p
    3rd and most important, I would not put any mentor in the position to have to mentor me!xDxD:wuerg:
    Good luck and happy farming to any event players !:D

MARLYMAR and FrootloopGrove like this.
  9. fishy_broke

fishy_broke Advanced

sglick you are a great mentor. You do not worry me AND I know now of your luv point greed and that you WILL chickadee-shop.

A participant simply should be decent to a mentor. A decent friendship will not come in a day.

You will never be ignored.

@FrootloopGrove

All one must do is get Crystal falls open.
    With shipwreck bay, the shipwreck bay quests look inviting but there is too too much ep. A farm will take a long time t get it open before graduating from the nest. Just to get it open requires lots ofgolden Bananas. I don't know what tree or crops one will open to get there.

Ahhh ... over level 40 ...

All you can do is to begin a new farm or try and forget about the event. :cry:xD

You make me wonder how far BB use would take someone.

I'll send you a Wilson to remember the event if you choose to give up. :)

Happy Farming and deciding what to do. Please let us know what you will do next.

So funny! Over level 40? bye byeeeeeeeeeeeee :cry:

You will need anther farm and you will love putting super grow on cress during the tutorial.

You will most likely have to help your mentor to help you at first. You will meet nice people and hopefully have a nice mentor. From experience while testing: In the beginning the mentor does not know what you are up to. As I slowly gave a mentor the information and we got to know one another better, the mentor becomes excited and anxious for you to reach living legend. A mentor yesterday wanted to know how many more stars to living legend? Those 300 stars seem to take forever but it can be done. (I reported that the farm needed 158 more stars to get to living legend.):) It is level 35 and has plenty of ep room.

Spin that wheel and get loads of ep or take the fuzzles ep or open one of those crates and ep jumps out at you ..... and the event will be all over for that farm very quickly. xDxD or if BP gets generous and sends loads of ep .....

Best Wishes. Now I really wonder what you will do next.

I'll be glad to send you Wilson if you would like to give up xDxDxD

FrootloopGrove and sanddollar15 like this.
  10. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

It is an interesting challenge and one I will perhaps do one day, but for now, will cheer you on as you give it a go. I eagerly await to hear news of those beginning a new farm. As always, if I can be of any help, please let me know :)

MARLYMAR, joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  11. elRe

elRe Forum Inhabitant

Days are managed with UTC+14.

« farmer_broke »: market 40, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Aug 25, 2014;
    « ‘TCRooster_broke.one’ »: higher than mainland level 040;
    « brokes_zoo »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Aug 27, 2014;
    « mud_pie_man »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Aug 29, 2014;
    « big_daddy_broke »: market 1, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Sep 5, 2014;
    « pauper_broke »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Sep 6, 2014;
    « mister_manypenny »: market 24, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Sep 7, 2014;
    « king_broke »: market 19, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Sep 8, 2014;
    « funny_money1 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Oct 4, 2014;
    « funny_money10 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Oct 4, 2014;
    « prince_broke »: market 11, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Oct 26, 2014;
    « funny_money11 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Nov 18, 2014;
    « funny_money16 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Nov 20, 2014;
    « funny_money21 »: market 14, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Nov 28, 2014;
    « mirfully_broke »: market 7, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum amember since Nov 30, 2014;
    « funny_money17 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 7, 2014;
    « funny_money18 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 7, 2014;
    « farmlily_worker1 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 18, 2014;
    « farmlily_worker2 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 19, 2014;
    « farmlily_worker3 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 27, 2014;
    « farmlily_worker4 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 27, 2014;
    « farmlily_worker5 »: market 5, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 28, 2014;
    « farmlily_worker10 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 29, 2014;
    « farmlily_worker11 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Dec 29, 2014;
    « fruity_broke »: market 7, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Feb 26, 2015;
    « penguinfarmer »: market 18, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Mar 1, 2015;
    « grandpa_broke »: market 3, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Mar 2, 2015;
    « cheesy_broke »: market 34, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Mar 17, 2015;
    « funny_money2 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Mar 17, 2015;
    « bunny_broke »: market 31, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Apr 3, 2015;
    « funny_money14 »: market 10, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Apr 17, 2015;
    « goon_bunny_broke »: just an idea on the english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum since May 28, 2015:
    « funny_money12 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since May 28, 2015;
    « broke_ocean »: market 2, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Jun 8, 2015;
    « fishy_broke »: market 15, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Jun 27, 2015;
    « arieangel »: market 32, english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Jul 8, 2015;
    « funny_money15 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Aug 8, 2015;
    « funny_money20 »: english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum member since Aug 8, 2015;
    « ‘TCRooster_broke.two’ »: level 033;
    « ‘sglick_broke.one’ »: between mainland level 022 and 039 inclusive;
    « ‘sglick_broke.two’ »: between mainland level 022 and 039 inclusive.

I have a Bread roll and an Anniversary boutonniere for whoever guesses correctly first the missing Broke farms in chronological order.

MARLYMAR and sglick like this.
  12. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Let me start with one of the missing farms of broke - dumbdumb.

007Farming likes this.
  13. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

elRe - Are you one of the missing Broke farms? LOL

You definitely deserve a bread roll for this chronological list. OMG! How do you know these dates.

I have to admit that I can never read your posts. I'm very impressed by them, but I suffer from simple-mindedness & your post are always way too complex for my simple mind.

I knew the dumbdumb was a Broke farm, but I would have never been able to spot it being missing in that very very very long list.

My poor mind is still in overload just looking at the list. HeHehe

Broke - how do you manage - work - have fun with all these farm???

I am incomplete awe of how complex you (both) are. I am doing the "I'm not worthy" bow from Wayne's World. This is hard to do in this virtual world. :inlove:xD:p

EDIT: There is also brokie_boy. & Broke used to mentor Farmer Poor or maybe that was him in disguise. I just know that Farmer Poor touched my heart so I will always be a fan and enthusiastic supporter of the Broke empire (set on world domination or at least farm domination - lol)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    MARLYMAR, joanc123 and 12ss12 like this.
  14. elRe

elRe Forum Inhabitant

No, « elRe1 » is not a Broke Empire farm.

To know the membership date on the english language Farmerama Bigpoint Forum, I click on the forum username.

To participate in « The farmer_broke Event », I can tell about the ambassadors of the ‘elRe Territory On Farmerama’ to other language Farmerama forum World Meetings.
    I get the idea to manage Ambassadors since « Arielh » creates the « World meeting » threads.

My ambassadors are actually Angora Shearing Collectors.
    Many, many, many red barometer chicks all around. I send to each of them one seasonal giver Item (actually: Mouth Watering Melon), one Lonely chicken, one Hungry cow, one Lonely goat, one Super sheep, one Flower arrangement, one Small raspberry bush, one Herb patch, one Flower wheelbarrow, one Wilson and one Pheromones.
    If Moonlight Mania haunts the domain, they also get one Jack O'lantern and one Candy cranium; no Toolbox and no event drop if not requested.

More recently, I create the « elRe1 » substitute. But « eTOF » only publishs with profile messages.

MARLYMAR and fishy_broke like this.
  15. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

elRe - It is nice to get to know you better :) I read your introductory link. I am still curious how you were able to track down all his farm? Amazing!

(Thanks for letting me know about the info on the user name. That must have been introduced in the last year while I was a way trying to recover from FOCD. LOL)

EDIT: elRe - I tried sending you a message so I could send you your bread roll. I get the message - player does not exist. Did you set this farm up with another name?

16. fishy_broke

fishy_broke Advanced

Hello PnP! The Event is a difficult challenge. If you even think that you may "... do one day ..." then I recommendation to anyone with the same thought to begin a new farm as soon as possible. As you know, with a farm in your nest also, that there are times when one really should not harvest nearly everything anyway. Just check the farm periodically. There is lots to enjoy and challenge you at an easy pace once one comprehends the faqs! The time with the farm itself open and not actively being operated may actually help. Enough said.

Even though you know quite a bt about it, there are pitfalls.

For instance, yesterday a farm (dumbdumb) working on the Event and in sglicks nest was hit with 1,650 ep which could have been completely avoided. The error I made will cost the farm at least 770,000 ccs in lost revenue. The charge of 1,650 ep was from the conversion of wonderfruit after that event ended. All I had to do was donate it all (receive coins or not) and there would have been no effect to deal with. But I failed to do so.

The farm will not level up due to my stupidity this time. But how many more stupid errors can I make before not completing the Event becomes definite for that farm?

Others may tell us what they do!

MARLYMAR likes this.
  17. dafodily

dafodily Forum Duke

farmer_broke (fishy_broke), I have been pondering this events requirements and am unable to figure out how one accumulates stars needed without completing FSQ's which thereby receive EP and causes one to level up too fast. :oops::eek: I thought maybe farmwheel spins, but there is the possibility of receiving EP as well. o_O Even thou a farm in this event would require minimal effort, it's just too hard for me :cry::wuerg: and I will have to pass on your wonderful event. I wish dumbdumb & all participating farms well. :)

18. fishy_broke

fishy_broke Advanced

You have done well just to think about the requirements. One must or definitely not complete. First of all and one must realize this: One WILL NOT complete the requirements quickly. (I can see that the use of BBs will speed this up somewhat. The use of BBs is fine if one wishes. I have not while developing! More later on this if you choose to continue.)

One will selected FSQs that award some ep in order to get stars.

From development I learned that hurry hurry hurry, don't think, just do, grow anything, produce anything, ...... this mindset only leads to failure.

Many quests one must learn to completely ignore while working this Event. This is the reason for marking only the ones which one will look at. Once marked then the game will filter them for us.

The next question is: Well how do I know which ones to ignore?

The answer and quite necessary to consider: One may choose to do any quest they wish. However, there is no need whatsoever to work mainland quests which DO NOT award stars, no need! Doing so will hurt a farm. After beginning a new farm, quests become available as one levels up. One chooses which they prefer to do based upon the amount of ep received per star. (While developing I would determine to ep received per star. I calculated it by adding the ep to be received per step (most will award 6 stars for 3 steps. I have learned not to work all three steps of a couple but only one or even to steps. That quest must justify a need to be done or I trash it.) So divide the total ep by 6! This will give you a good estimate of the ep your farm will take per star on that step work. The information is right in front of you when reviewing the quest.

I do not recomend growing ANYTHING on the mainland but what one must during the new farm tutorial. Up to each participant but growing can hurt the farm's chances of success. There is only once exception to consider and no need to discuss for a long while.

Next question would be: Well what do I do?

The answer: One will need a decent revenue source from the mainland especially during the set up of the farm. One cannot buy the seeds each day to sell without a revenue source. Many will laugh when they read this:

One produces only the chicken. (There is an exception to consider but not now.)

Why only the chicken?

Because there is no other item available for the new farm which will provide more ccs per unit of ep.

And dafodily brings us tears. You are really good and did well.

Anyone understand the above so far?

baw815 and HavenGrove like this.
  19. HavenGrove

HavenGrove Someday Author

:) FrootloopGrove here ready to play :p

The following requirements may be completed in any order you choose:
    Steps Completed...
    Mainland- 22
    BaHa- 41

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    **Obtain a mentor
    (9June2018)
    **Remain in mentor's nest for one year this is going to be the biggest challenge
    (14 edited to 13 months now if you want the Stay Record) ...let along 14 months
    **All of Meadow cleared (got a newbie deal 300BBs for 1.99 couldn't pass that up so I took it. For some reason
    I clicked on level 17 and found out I could open the Meadow, I call it "TwoPonds" (as the map shows) for 100 BB. So I did.
    with the help from neighbors from other farms and other farms land is all cleared)

3&4. A total of 44 combined animal pens and/or workshops and 26 water tanks on Meadow (21July2018)
    5. Two (2) limos on the main field and decorated as you choose

Glade Unlocked (??July2018)

**All of Glade open
    7. All of Glade filled with trees of your choosing
    **All of park open
    **Every plot of park filled with decorations only

**Magical Stalk open
    **Baha open (30June2018)

**All Baha land obtained (3/4)
    **Crystal Falls
    open (17July2018)

**Rainforest open
    **Shipwreck bay unlocked

20. All Shipwreck bay land unlocked
    21. All plots of Shipwreck bay decorated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** At least one cress refinement (early bloomer-reduces growth 1.25% (11June))
    **At least one breeding animal unlocked (
    Monkey)
    ^^ Breeding house opened (
    21July2018)

**Living legend rung unlocked
    **Crop trophy maxed --- completed level 7
    **Animal trophy maxed --- completed level 2

10. Obtain two (2) stars ((from MM quest(s)) awarding TEP using only system generated seeds?????
    11. Obtain one (1) star awarding TEP (from a MM quest) either growing or using system generated seeds
    12. Obtain at least one (1) star which awards EP using only system generated seeds
    13. Obtain at least one (1) star (from a MM quest) either growing or using system generated seeds (other than used in the above)

14. Nearly complete two steps of a MM quest (other than above) of any level. (One must have submitted all but a single seed). (31July2018)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  20. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Should this event be completed in quickest time possible or is it like a slow cycle race ? (here I was thinking I am in no way connected with broke's event....:p I was even thinking of posting, I do not know what the event was about. But now seems I should be on alert. Broke comes & posts posts which should not be liked and creates a storm...:mad:xD)

Understood, I suppose one should complete the tasks before reaching the level 40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.