The Fungi Farm - Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Mar 10, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Dadidb1yth007 - don't bother putting them out on all the fields - just the magical glade and the rainforest give the water drops. Load those two fields up with trees. And the trees that will more likely render a water drop are the ones that take longer. XXL trees are notorious for being stingy with drops.

The other advantage with this particular event and 2x2 fields is that you don't replant FOUR seeds to get four seeds. You replant ONE seed to get four seeds. So you retain more in stock, but reap the same quantity.

However, so far, this event is as much fun as watching paint dry.

farmlily3, oj66, spotsbox and 12 others like this.
  2. baw815

baw815 Forum General

I didn't prep by putting more trees in my glade or rainforest . . and I'm paying for it. After the first drop donation I have 4 water drops and I am getting drops from neighbors. I did, however, pull my crops and put trees in my rainforest. I already have half my glade with trees so I didn't think I needed to add any, we'll see. A ton of drops are required for this event.

AniE, farmlily3, spotsbox and 5 others like this.
  3. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

*yawn* <- my strategy

4. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Yay, special field, my favorite. But started more then a day later, so will take it very easy, no rush. Game is still buged and manual farming is quickly starting to irritate me again, even after I have not touched the game for 5 days. Will see how long I can last. :)

AniE, Sue46, farmlily3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

I don't know why they have to make some Events so complicated - different milks and smoothies, different drop rates and on top another Event running a long side (Salamander breeding). When this happens I feel this - my favorite game is taking the pi**/monkey. I love the game but with all the ridiculous demands it's more like a job then a past-time.

Mooboy, Sue46, upa70 and 13 others like this.
  6. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

I completely agree with hatzeva! Add problems with game functions thrown in, and you have real time struggles for some players. Yesterday and today are the first time in months that I haven't walked away from game play in frustration from inability to complete farm actions.

As for this fungi event, I am at the main donation level; but playing this event is like watching paint dry - a real boring event. Other than putting out trees for water drops there is no real strategy. Plant and repeat until you reach the stated event crop number.

dumbunny, Sue46, trishap58 and 5 others like this.
  7. 456farmer123

456farmer123 Padavan

instead of 2x2 fields would the comfort field work better? Or it's only good if you need more time to collect harvest?

Sue46, farmlily3 and ctindaldavies like this.
  8. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Com fields are not available on special event farm. The rule I use - place as many 2x2 fields as you can, then as many 2x1 (also rotate where necessary), then fill remaining 1x1 fields. Least amount of work.

I actually liked the "complexity" of smoothies. A bit of brain cells formation. :) But completely agree that basic dysfunctionality of farming is highly irritating and major put off.

9. 456farmer123

456farmer123 Padavan

Thanks nortonc!!

farmlily3 likes this.
  10. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

So I've done 2 days of full farming, already fed up of it. Not getting enough drops as I refuse to rebuild farms to get more trees due to messed up operations, which means I am still stuck on the step two of the event. I quickly lost all motivation to hassle through the mess so that's probably event nearly over for me.

farmlily3 and ctindaldavies like this.
  11. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Drops are not my issue as I always keep my rainforest covered in trees and about a quarter of my magic glade as well. I just find the event to be an exercise in tedium. My biggest issue is that I keep forgetting about it altogether so I forget to harvest. :sleepy:

12. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Tell me about that. Feeling the same. :) Not even my "favourite" field sparkled my interest in Farmerama for long. Going back to half hibernating. :) Will not even try to finish anything in this event.

farmerumf and Sue46 like this.
  13. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

All the drops collected, so I can already unload some of the trees. Easy drops this time. o_O
    Area like a full moon night, remember when you have to. :p

14. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

(sorry Bad-Finnish-English (use no GT) )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Usefull hint to Water Drops
    - Absolutely BEST way to get "water drops" is.... drums... Wonder Trees !
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If correct Cloudrow bonuses etc." times (in Magical Glade) are 3h30min or 3h50min or 4h30min (only Tree of Wisdom bonus)...

Notime less than 19 drops (best 37 when 64 Wonder Trees in Field!) , and I have only 64 "tree places" free in Magical Glade (18 Mammuth trees allways) and allways "Edge-trees"...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***** So nearly 50% about Wonder trees give me drops! *****
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And because normally I don´t use trees so
    ... over 1000 Wonder trees to Farm Fields and over 1200 Wonder trees to Bahama Fields... so Water Drops - no Problem at all 8):music:;)

15. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Drops have slowed WAY down for me. I was getting 60-80 per field at first, now only 25-30. I'll still get enough drops to finish (only need about 200 more), but it was interesting to see that the rate had changed. Yeah, my biggest problem with the even is to remember to harvest on time!

And OMG! The problems seem to be growing rather than being resolved. I have to reload the game after every 10 or so clicks! And sometimes reload it again without doing anything. Closing the tab and opening a new one, then loading the game seems to work better than using the refresh button.

I filled out that survey and said to spend their efforts in fixing the game rather than adding new features. I'm not sure why they needed a survey to figure that out!

16. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

If the drops calculation at the beginning of the thread is correct, I finished with drops yesterday, so please gift to others in need lovely neighbors! :inlove: Crop accumulation is sooooo sloooowww! Like watching toenails grow.:wuerg: But at least I've replenished my cattle in my open fields. :)

Ditto. Every day seems to bring new challenges with the game, and not in a good way. I have a very dear neighbor who may have to leave the game because she's having so much difficulty playing. :cry: For having what, 2 years prep time, BP was woefully unprepared for this changeover. -.-

Mooboy, Sue46 and baw815 like this.
  17. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I have enough trees out that I don't expect the drops to become a problem and I'm glad it uses the event field so I can grow regular farm stuff.

But it's a bit boring.

18. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I agree. Wonder trees always give good drops. Longest hours + High EP. So drops are good and you have runes and cloud rows to reduce their growth times along with turbo mulch.

19. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Who's the Busy Worker Ant? Never heard of him and can't find anything on the forum??

12ss12 likes this.
  20. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

You must use real money to get one. It is in some basket, FAQ tells about it.

12ss12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.