Feedback The Heart of the Sea v2

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jun 19, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

linkthreejun2024_news.png
    Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "The Heart of the Sea" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. Flower

Flower Regular

To get the 4 fish coins we have to make 406.200 points in the minigame. If the player can't make them, he can't complete the fishing event, as will be my case. It would have been much more fair to raise the necessary number of games.

3. Raelyn

Raelyn Forum Apprentice

At first glance this looks like a fun game. I am wondering though, why the number of moves changed from 12 to 8? In the game FAQ's it says "you have 12 moves to get as many points as possible."

4. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I thought the mini-game looked fun but it is just frustrating, boring and (for me) impossible to score anything like what is needed to get to the "Anchors". :wuerg:

All of a sudden, all the Rainbow Ducks have disappeared - are there a certain number available, maybe I have used my allocation up! :p

Sue46, MeadowCrossing, Raelyn and 4 others like this.
  5. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Forum Overlooker

Ducks will return and dissappear again. There are games with ducks and some games without them.
    I wondered in my first game how I did got only some points and how hard it was to get circles. I did not realize the ducks can be used as any colour. I wondered how I could not get my choice of spare colour over duck to form big circle. :oops:

6. Raelyn

Raelyn Forum Apprentice

Does anyone understand the 3 prize boxes? I understand the "main game rewards" and the Prize list reqards, but then there is "game points rewards" the points dont line up with the other point prize list.. for example I have over 60,000 points but I did not receive the prize listed in the box.

MeadowCrossing and BellaMary69 like this.
  7. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Forum Overlooker

You get the lowest prize from you list. It does not matter if is just reach the points of that level or much over it. Next time you get the second prize, when you reach enough points. You open them one by one.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    MeadowCrossing and sanddollar15 like this.
  8. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

That third prize chart is for scoring that amount of point in one mini-game, but you can't win more than one at a time. That means you can open one at a time, so scoring 60000 point in your first ever mini-game will not grant you all the level 10 prizes, just the first one... Yeah, it's another layer of complexity to get more prizes...

9. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Where are the ducks? All of a sudden I have played several games without any ducks on the board.

MeadowCrossing and BellaMary69 like this.
  10. illy1996

They come and go, they will come back but not for every game. :(

11. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Mogul

i played a lot of games before I figured out that the creatures on the sides can be swapped :p

12. illy1996

I do not change my opinion that the mini-game for this event was quite frustrating and time consuming and, not doing well with it, I stopped at a point where I could gain no further prizes with the scores I was getting. I don't like to stop an event with time left but I just couldn't fathom it out and was becoming more and more disgruntled. -.-
    From a post in the Strategy thread, I got the light bulb moment. :p

What I would say is that the first animation in the FAQs was unnecessary and misleading. Why would we want to aim for 360 points when we could achieve 4,800 points? :wuerg:

It is my fault, I accept that, I don't always read the details of an event and usually catch up with it later when other (cleverer) farmers than me highlight the good strategy. :music:

I have said that I wouldn't participate in this mini-game in the future but I have changed my mind and will give it another go and try to latch on to how to get the most points! I go back to my original thoughts, it does look like fun but I bypassed the fun and got nowhere. :)

13. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I enjoy this type of event and was looking forward to it, and the first couple of days of games it was a lot of fun, there was skill involved and a balance of luck that made for some good rounds, some bad rounds and some great ones! Then it was like a switch got flipped and it became all luck, and my scores plummeted, and it became frustrating. All of which would not be so bad if there hadn't been SO MANY crops needed for each go. I finished to the point of the CR pretty easily, but after that, it was like slogging through waist high snow and became just tedious. We will play harder, and as such, are more likely to spend money when we are enjoying ourselves! Making tasks almost impossible to achieve without spending money does not have the desired effect, but instead sends players running for the hills. Make things more fun; EITHER tons of crops involved OR games that are largely due to the algorithm being friendly!

BellaMary69, gardengal, Sue46 and 3 others like this.
  14. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

This was as painful as can be, there's no fun in having a mini-game that requires so much crop to mill & play and get nothing in return. This type of event always sprung with the fishing event and lock the players in to play it because of the tokens needed to open tiles in the fishing game = not cool at all (to stay polite).

If linking less that 5 critters of the same colour results in not getting a swap critter of that particular colour, then linking more should reward more critter, ie linking 10 should give out 2 critters, linking 15 give out 3, etc. Also when there's SO much luck involved in a mini-game, requirements should be lowered, not sky high like this. This mini-game gets tiring fast.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
  15. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I like the concept of this event BUT that is where the "liking ends for me!" Playing 25 mini games to get CR and givers is ok BUT seriously the number of crops and drops needed to play on is crazy and then it was a 6 hour crop (without water and or manure)!
    I also dislike linking the fishing event to other events to get "tokens" Fishing alone would be a great way to get NEWER players
    interested in trying events and maybe they would keep farming! :)

16. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Only my oldest farm got the base super tree but all farms got the upgrade. There is something wrong here. Three farms now have a useless upgrade.

17. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

This event is very challenging for those with eye problems like me, as you have to look very carefully while playing the mini game. Even now, my eyes hurt and burn. Due to some problems, I was able to start the event on Monday and I had to work very hard. I do not like this event because of its mini game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.