The plant refinery: A strategy guide to time reducing, tools and artisan drops.

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Arrouquelas, Mar 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

If you grow lots of tomatoes for PF and CAC, you might want to get refinements for them. Refinements for really short time crops like lettuce are not worth the effort IMO.

d5aisy, abubadi66 and -Mir85- like this.
  2. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

BlackCaviar I grow tomatoes for PF but not only. More often I grow tomatoes, mushrooms, hazelnuts and onions needed for making CAC and tradition chutney. I think you are right for short time crops that are not worth since I can buy them. But I already have some refirements because I wanted to try the greenhouse when it was intruduced.
    I liked this idea! I don't need tools either want to reduce the growing time.

So I may start with roses, tomatoes, mushrooms, hazelnuts or onions. Which size of greenhouse should I choose?
    Except the roses I for the other crops I would prefer more EP. Does it worth trying?

Edit Which is the font we use here? I accidently change it in this post.

abubadi66 likes this.
  3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I always start with small pots in the greenhouse. Then when I have two or three refinements I switch to medium or large posts :) Good luck :D

Arielh and abubadi66 like this.
  4. Arielh

I try to get refirements for roses but I can't. I tried a few times small pots and medium but nothing... Do you think I should try the large ones?

5. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

It is not unusual that it takes some time. You can get faster results with large pots, but you will use more roses, up to you!

6. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

The last 10 tries for me for the large roses gave back 390 roses each time (all 3 searches). In all honesty, I no longer have problems with drops so it is really only just an 'in case' BP gives us a really hard event that needs drops that I would use the 'instant' (or close to) roses. As this is the case for me, I probably will put the greenhouse on the back burner (again) because my main focus for the greenhouse are the ones that reduce growing time for the long crops. So....when I don't have anything else to do, I may come back to this feature but for now, it is too frustrating.

d5aisy, abubadi66 and -Mir85- like this.
  7. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Lucky you. I've been getting these for over a year now. And am just targeting the last 2 refinements. I guess they're locked; not available...

:cry::cry::cry:

8. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I tried only 3 times. All small pots and roses. Last one, I completely forgot to harvest them for several days. First 2 gave back 390 roses. Third one gave me 19 super grows. Now roses and middle pots are growing in the greenhouse. Let me see, what I get.

9. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I got The Super Grow Love on Roses Refinement Ages Ago. What is Ironic I did Roses Refinement Recently on my other farm. I was in Luck as they Very First Roses Refinement was Super Super Grow Love I got it on my first Attempt :D

On This Farm I have a cloud row from Harvest Hoedown 2014, Which Increase your super grow Effectiveness by 5%, if you use this in conjunction with White Innocents and Fruit Cake and Growth Boost Rune. As Supergrow is most Effective used with Comfort Fields.

As I can Grow Roses using Super Grow using these buffs using Comfort Fields and I can Harvest my Roses Instantly This is so Cool it is well worth Getting Good Luck ;)

d5aisy and 12ss12 like this.
  10. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Bhodho - I have always used small pots but recently it was recommended that I try large pots so that is what I have been using and ever since then it has been mainly EP or CC but the last efforts are always 390 roses back for all 3 searches. While it is good that we get some back, I am still losing thousands of roses with no progress being made. Congrats to all who are getting good results.

d5aisy likes this.
  11. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

I've been using large pots every time.
    But I welcome you to the club. The No-Refinements Club...
    xDxDxD

SillyGuy, d5aisy and puppiesnponies like this.
  12. kingros

kingros Forum Apprentice

I was reading the FAQs yesterday and it said that with the small pots you have only a moderate chance of getting refinements. With the medium pot you get a moderate chance in the first round and a medium chance in the second round, and with the large pots you get a moderate chance (1st round), medium chance (2nd round) and high chance in the third round. So this suggests that large pots are the way to go :)

Arielh likes this.
  13. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Well; that's what the FAQ says. But, reality says something else...

:eek::eek::eek:

puppiesnponies likes this.
  14. Arielh

As it seems I am not the only one not getting any refirements...
    I will try again and I hope luck is on my side:p
    Good luck to everyone else :D

-Mir85- likes this.
  15. Chevrefeuille

Chevrefeuille Forum Commissioner

I am having alternating luck - but I just keep going, swapping between Roses, Strawberries and Sunflowers for no other reason than I have a few of each of these spare and I am glad to get the flowers back if I don't get a refinement. I am just very pleased that this part of the game isn't as costly as I initially thought (why I thought that is anyone's guess!). xD

I have been mainly using the two pots (middle for diddle is our family's usual way of making a decision!). :music: But seeing that some have actually read the FAQs (and understood them!) I may switch to the three pots. :inlove:

I can understand your disappointment, Bhodho, when you get no refinements whatsoever. I get very excited when I search the pots and my little heart sinks when I see no sparkles. I will keep everything crossed that you get some better luck! ;)

Good luck all with those refinements! :D

SillyGuy, abubadi66, Arielh and 2 others like this.
  16. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Mine has sunk so low and so often that it has already drowned. In sorrow...

xDxDxD

SillyGuy likes this.
  17. Chevrefeuille

Chevrefeuille Forum Commissioner

Oh, Mr President ... what can I say? :cry:

Glad to see you keep your sense of humour! ;)

Bhodho and -Mir85- like this.
  18. kingros

kingros Forum Apprentice

So I must have had pretty good luck with the roses refinements so far. I've done maybe 4 or 5 refinements, using the large pots, and I've got 3 refinements - although the water one is the only one that might be useful, the other ones were a bit blah.

19. farmingfreebird

farmingfreebird Exceptional Talent

I KEEP forgetting to DO the refinements!o_O Every day i read about it.... everyday I think, i will DO this today too, and then I forget again.... Farming Dementia?:eek: Must be the valerian.....or lavender.... or some other relaxing herb that I've been farming.... xD

20. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Today's result:
    [​IMG]

bygo_cris likes this.