The plant refinery: A strategy guide to time reducing, tools and artisan drops.

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Arrouquelas, Mar 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Too bad there wasn't one place for all of CJs (and other Farmers) to post their spreadsheets.

meba091, CJAT, austg and 2 others like this.
  2. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I know the answer to this is up there, but I cannot find it. If I get the supergrow love or fertilizer love, are they then effective for ALL crops or just the one that I used to get the enhancement. For example, I have a 40% boost from lettuce (earned early on, when I had no idea about refinements really) will that impact just lettuce or every crop? I have a manure and supergrow combo boost from roses.. will that just boost when used on roses or on all crops?

3. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

It will work on each individual crop only. You have to get the refinement for each crop, then that will only work on that crop.

meba091, bygo_cris, SillyGuy and 2 others like this.
  4. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Thanks.

JJenks likes this.
  5. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Suzee suggested that this go here, instead of just in the current strategy thread, so I am copying the post here so others can refer to it as well. It was a response to another farmer who was wanting to know how to use the roses refinements with super-grow to boost drops.

~~~~~

Like pnp said, congrats on getting all 9 rose refinements!! It takes quite a bit of patience trying to get some of those stubborn refinements! I am a visual person so I will add to what pnp said with some pictures!
    :D

You will need to select the super-grow rose refinements (and eat/activate any super-grow boosting buffs/clouds) before you plant your roses. Once activated, your greenhouse refinement will have an "!" in the lower corner instead of the checkmark shown below. I couldn't find a screenshot in Arrq's refinement thread to link to, so I quickly made one for you.

Rose refinements related to super-grow:
    [​IMG]
    When you combine the refined roses with any combo of White Innocence, Fruitcake, or the Chestnut cloud row (below), it can make the crop able to be harvested immediately or in a very short-amount of time.
    [​IMG]

I have only used roses a couple times to boost my drops, but I would recommend you experiment with a single 2x2 first and then see what the time changes to after you add super-grow to it. Sometimes super-grow is all you need in order to get an instant harvest! (This also helps prevent problems in case you are like me, and might forget to eat your white innocence etc. before planting your roses!) ;)Only then would I add water and manure. If you get roses that you can harvest immediately, then you can decide if you want to switch to comfort fields and try experimenting there too.

~~~

I wasn't thinking of it at the time, but one could even further reduce the growing time of roses by 10% simply by using the flower cloud row. (See this post on the Flower Row and Refinements above).

Hope this helps! ;)

Edited to change above link from "post 120" to a "flower cloud/refinements" description/link due to deleted posts in thread.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Banjoman, meba091, bygo_cris and 2 others like this.
  6. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

I really need to read things it seems most of the instant grow 30 min. needs the chestnut cloud row.
    -.-Yet another toy I will never have. So my question is what is the best crop anyone found that does not need this wonderful goodie I will never have?

I due to not reading wasted a lot of time on roses trying to get them to be instant, I really need to read all the posts til I get it all:sleepy:

pepsishot likes this.
  7. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

keltic How instant do you want a crop to be?

12ss12 likes this.
  8. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

As far as I can get it and as far as I can get it with out super grow that way I have two choices depending on what I got in the barn.

12ss12 and Arielh like this.
  9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Hi keltic, to get truly instant crops you need the chestnut cloud row. Without that, the roses have the best super grow refinements since you can increase the effectiveness with 20 + 9 percent. The most any other crops refinement gives is an increase of 25%.

meba091 and CaliChrome like this.
  10. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

Hi Mir,

:cry:So I will never have the fast results you all have, ok.

Now if I may take a bit more of your time, sorry hate to intrude on vacation, What do you mean 20+9 percent? it that cause of the flower row? or the buffs White Innocence, Fruitcake ?

I am still fighting it out with rhubarb need one more so just making 1700 and shovel it in till I get that wood drop, but I will then have it open to do cotton or rye or spelt... just don't know what else.

Random hope, is there anything like the chestnut row a newish farmer can get?

11. -Mir85-

There are two super grow refinements for roses, one increases the effectiveness by 20% the other by 9%, so in total the effectiveness will be increased by 29%.

The basic effect of super grow is to reduce the time of a crop by 50%.
    The growth booster rune increases this percentage to 60%
    White innocence adds 10%, so the time is reduced by 70%
    Fruit cake adds 5%, so the time is reduced by 75%
    The chestnut cloud row adds another 5%, so the total reduction is 80%.

If you then add a refinement which increase the effectiveness of super grow by 25% (or more), then
    25% of 80 is 20​
    so another 20% is added, bringing the time reduction of super grow up to 100%, that gives you a truly instant finish.

Without the chestnut cloud row, the highest percentage you can achieve is for roses.

But many longer crops have a 25% increase of super grow effectiveness. Since
    25% of 75 is 18,75​
    you can get the super grow percentage up to
    75%+18,75%=93,75%​
    which is quite high :)

For instance leeks which have a basic growing time of 18:15, can be reduced to under an hour with super grow (+refinements+white innocence+fruit cake) and water (and maybe manure). That is on normal fields though, not comfort fields.

No, there is nothing else that increase the effect of super grow available now.

CJAT, hatzeva, LDCrow and 5 others like this.
  12. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

Thank-you.
    You spelled it out nicely for me, I got it.
    Copying to a doc. now. Will just adjust my use to do extra to mmake up for it.
    Have a great day.

13. -Mir85-

You are welcome keltic :)

14. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

I am having a very poor success rate with getting any sort of refinement - I am trying to tick off some of the long crop early bloomers from kohlrabi and longer, doing small researches.
    Currently I have done nine such attempts in a row without any refinements. Before that I had three out of eight 'successes' of getting any refinement, and before that I had a run of 27 failures... no refinement and mostly getting 90% of my crop back...
    Are these figures normal? it is very expensive on crops ! The last one I got a miserable 4000 ep for my kohlrabi (300 crop - I think)

habalala likes this.
  15. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

daivd - I had problems getting refinements too for both roses and carnations. You may need to increase your research from the small pots to a larger option. Good luck! It remains by far the most frustrating feature for me but once you get the refinement you want/need it is worth it.

16. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

I am, like all others, in the same boat. But despite having awefully poor results on the refinements I'm happy this game has at least one future which isn't straight forward. Enuf said.
    Phew.

davidb1yth007 likes this.
  17. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

David - what size of pots do you use? Only "Small"?

I do find that using the "Large" option for the last Refinements of a crop is both cheaper and more successful than doing several "Small" rounds. It has worked with Onions, Raspberries, Carnations etc which are all finished.

That being said - I've worked on my very last Blueberry Refinement since December. But as always with Refinements, it's a game of stubbornness :)

baw815 and davidb1yth007 like this.
  18. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Thanks pnp (and hatzeva and habalala) for your comments. I have all the refinements for roses and carnations. I wanted to get as many early bloomers as I could and I thought from Arrouquelas original post that it is best to start with small until I have at least filled the first chamber, on , say, kohlrabi, which I am currently working on.
    Yes, habalala, it is great to have something that is 'different!'

19. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Hi David1byth007

I have been doing Refinements for couple of years now....it does take a fair while to get the refinements that i am aiming for for each crop.

Firstly i always start with Medium as I never start on Small. The Reason is most of the time i can get a Refinement either on first or second attempt using the Consumption of Medium Crops. I do this until i get up to about 3 or 4 refinements of that crop.

After that i move up to High Crop Donations i stay with this until i get the refinements i am aiming for that crop, sometimes i can get this done without unlocking all of the refinements. Sometimes it is down to last Frustrating Refinement.

I have couple of Refinements i still need to get that is on last refinement which is most effective so i take a break try some other refinements....then go back and try again.

But the Higher Level Crops does ask for very expensive amount of crops, plus many of them does take long time to restock in terms of growing time or too expensive to buy in the Markets. Some Refinements have been super effective so i love my refinements very much :DxD

20. Arrouquelas

Arrouquelas Forum Inhabitant

Hey David!!

Well, I still have the same strategy as you pointed out.
    But don't let that fool you. Some crops are harder to get a refinement than others. Don't ask me why, but that's how everyone feels. And the puzzling part is it's never the same crop to each people.

However, I still have the opinion that it's better to start with small pot than any other. Because, it's the one that you have to wait less time to have research done. With medium you have to wait a break of 6 + 8 hours. With large, you have to wait breaks of 6 + 8 + 12 hours.
    That's why I prefer small pots until I have all three level 1 refinements which are the easiest ones to get (if we can talk about "easy" with this feature!)

But the main reason I start with small pots is not about chance. It's about what you get in return. You either get in return 90% of crops or another type of compensation like EP, SG, etc. With medium or large pots, you may get a successful result at the first batch. And you don't get a compensation for the second and third batch. It's completely lost! Taking your example: I prefer to exchange 300 kohlrabi for a successful research than 1500 (or close) for a successful result in the first break.
    Agreed that if you're unsuccessful, getting "small EP potatoes" rather than crops in return is an awful thing!

In short, it's never easy to get a good result. But I always stayed with this strategy. And with few crop exceptions, I never had such a hard time to get the first results done. Maybe, you were unlucky in choosing that crop? Or simply this feature was "improved" recently by developers and it's getting harder to have good results...

Also, my strategy is not "the" strategy. Many great people (like everyone you mentioned plus a lot more) have written approaches different than mine. And they have great results, too. Sometimes, better than mine.
    It's a really frustrating process.
    I can only say that recently (after three years of hard work and waiting), I finally have all long crop's Early Bloomer and all possible tools. And you know one thing? I was waiting for my last two wanted refinements and suddenly after waiting for months, I had those two in only two consecutive attempts. Talking about luck? Or talking about frustration?...

Either way, I wish you the best of luck to you and everyone!!! Believe me, if you're a grower yourself, it's really worth it.
    And if you're a market buyer rather than a grower, it's worth to have two or three SG refinement crops just for those events when you have a hard time to get event drops (as explained in OP and several posts above, too)

JJenks, hatzeva, -poppyseed- and 2 others like this.