The plant refinery: A strategy guide to time reducing, tools and artisan drops.

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Arrouquelas, Mar 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I also start with small pots. Use them until I have all the L1 refinements and if I am lucky I'll have a couple of the higher level too at that point. Then I switch to medium size until I have at least two L2 refinements, in the end I just use large pots.

Last year I really worked on the refinements. I used SG once per growth phase and tried to have as little downtime as possible. In average it took me a bit less than 4 weeks to get all refinements for a crop.

Now I am taking it slower, no SG, and I usually just check once or twice per day. I think it is mainly because I don't have any goals to work towards right now.

Good luck to all! :)

mingling, JJenks, Arrouquelas and 3 others like this.
  2. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Thankyou for replying, Arrouquelas. I am 'sold' on your strategy, for the very reasons that you point out here, mainly the loss of product if I get a refinement on the first or small pot. And the six hour versus 8 or 12.
    I have all the refinements for carnations and roses and am currently working on oyster mushrooms, purely because my stocks of crops is sadly depleted in longer crops. I have had seven 'fails' in a row just on oyster m's and after trying others, I am running about 13 'fails' in a row !!
    I want to thank you for the effort you put into the first post in this thread as it is a wonderful source of information on harvest times especially.
    I was writing my own catalogue of water / manure time reductions, when I found you had done all the leg-work, and I thankyou for the confirmation on the 28% time reduction when using both water and manure. I had fun trying to get the '30%' .... being quick or changing the order... to no avail !!
    Power to Refiners everywhere!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    farmlily3, mingling, Willow and 4 others like this.
  3. Arrouquelas

Arrouquelas Forum Inhabitant

You're welcome, David! And thank you for your kind words!

I think the next task is to combine Early Bloomer with the new Alchemist revamped recipes and also the CR's won in the party wheel spin. It could be a great addition to be in the forum.

P.S.:You can call me Arq ;)

Willow and davidb1yth007 like this.
  4. CylentLea123

CylentLea123 Old Hand

This is probably a stupid question but here goes...
    I don't understand refinements. There are 3 different boxes.
    you only want the first 2 but not the 3rd. correct?

davidb1yth007 and VereSmythe like this.
  5. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

CyLent - the first and second boxes give quite good Refinements, while the third give really, really good - but with some negative attached as well.

As an example for Raspberries: the "Early Bloomer" refinement in box 1 reduces growing time by 9%. The "Early Bloomer" in box 3 on the other hand reduces growing time by 20%, but it also reduces water effectiveness by 7.2% + you have a 10% chance that it will take 2 instead of 1 to water your fields.

It is always a question whether to use box 3 refinements or not. In many cases you can gain refinements in box 1 and 2 that cancel out the bad one in box 3. In the case of Raspberries I use "Water Love" (increase water effectiveness by 7.2%), a box 1 refinement in conjunction with box 3 "Early Bloomer" to equal out the time water affect my crops. And I'm more than happy to pay for 10% extra water as the growing time is greatly reduced.

As you see there are many different strategies to using the Greenhouse. I hope this will help you a little bit, otherwise please comeback and ask :)

Best of luck!

6. CylentLea123

CylentLea123 Old Hand

Hatzeva thank you so much for explaining all that to me.
    Now can you explain what is the best ones for carnations? lol
    I am trying to do them and not sure what to keep and what to toss...
    Thank you~ :)

MARLYMAR likes this.
  7. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Cylent - rule number 1 with refinements - NEVER TOSS ANY! Never, ever. It is such a waste of produce. Keep what ever you get, always. :)

8. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Yes, that is a good plan... The alchemist is much more attractive now that they don't take four squares each and doesn't only apply to one field.
    EDIT; I got the early bloomer for oyster mushrooms!! Yahoo !!! now, which plant is next...
    2nd Edit;In about five attempts, including Oyster m's above I have ticked off early bloomers in rye, leeks, and brocolli !!
    WOW !!!
    3rd Edit; add Irisses' early bloomer!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    MARLYMAR, mingling, Willow and 2 others like this.
  9. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Such an excellent thread, I'm delighted it's not archived! Thanks Arq!

Question: what other crops, apart from roses works for insta-finish? With all the buffs added of course :)

I've tried to suss it out but I'm not able. Please advise.

Thanks a million!

meba091, -Mir85-, MARLYMAR and 2 others like this.
  10. -Mir85-

Hi Hatzeva :) you need a 25% SG refinement for insta-finish. The crops that have that are:

carnations, leeks, barley, artichoke, cotton, iris, onion, kohlrabi, lilies, cauliflower, lavender and dentallaria​

in order of time. If you want one event drop per comfort field, go for iris or a longer crop. (I wouldn't choose carnations since they are so much cheaper on the market than the other long crops.)

For those that don't know: in addition to the 25% SG refinement you need fruit cake, white innocence and the chestnut cloud row. Then you add super grow (no water or manure needed) and the crops finish instantly. It also works on comfort fields.

In addition roses have a 20% SG refinement and a 9% refinement, making them the best option for those without the chestnut cloud row. The won't be truly instant without the cloud row, but you can get them down to around half an hour on comfort fields.

11. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Fantastic Mir, exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

For some reason I've always thought that you needed both "SG love" and "Duo fertilizer love" for the insta-magic to work but someone hinted that was not the case, and I was too stingy with my SG to try it out myself.

Thanks again Mir :inlove:

-Mir85- likes this.
  12. -Mir85-

You're welcome :)

13. OzoneRaia

OzoneRaia Someday Author

just wanna boost this thread up a bit coz i dont want this very important thread to be forgotten.. ;)

in critical situation of lacking drops in an event, a refined plant (such as carnation) really helped me out to complete the event. even when i dont have all the ingredients for insta-finish, still.. carnation growth on 40 comfort fields in about 6 hrs gave me 35 or more event drops. but if i use 1x1 plot in one field, i could only get about 20 drops or even less. this i've tried n compared many times.

what i'm trying to say is.. it's a BIG help to have at least 1 refined plant for a situation like this. so.. don't give up hope on those unfortunate results of refinery, just keep'em running.. :D

oh.. lately i just do small pot (coz i read somewhere, if u do big pot n u get result on 1st try, u'll lose all the plants n the 2 chances left). no rush rush for me n i'm enjoying it (it's like a daily lottery :p)

14. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

if interested - how did I get Raspberries down from their normal 17.48 h to 9.58 h.
    Add the Mandrake power to your Refined (Early bloomer 1, Water love + Early bloomer 3) raspberries and close your eyes! Magic!

puppiesnponies and JJenks like this.
  15. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

[​IMG]

I'm looking for bricks and all of the crops just have 10% higher chance.

Is someone using one of these refinements for some reason and can tell me how many they're getting?

BlackCaviar likes this.