The Puzzle of Herbs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nala777, Feb 26, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

hello farmers :)

I'm wondering if any of the European forums have posted spoilers for solving the puzzles ~ that would sure be helpful. The way it would work {in my mind} is that on the right hand side where you see the individual pieces, those would be numbered. Then, on the left hand side would be an image of the puzzle board with the corresponding numbered pieces in place.

Someone earlier had a good tip about exiting & then re*entering the minigame but depending on how things go, that could take multiple attempts. Okay, go ahead & call me "lazy" …… that's fine ;)

Last night I got soooo >:( at myself because after the 2 failed initial attempts I made at a puzzle, reason flew right out the window & I just started "slamming" pieces into place without really thinking my way through it. Now, I know better than to try stuff ~ especially things I'm not good at such as puzzles ~ when I'm extremely tired & should have gone to bed long before I actually got there.

Final thought for "zero" ….. differences of opinion are a good thing. I'm fairly certain most people can handle disagreements, so long as the discourse is civil.

Nala777, baw815, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  2. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

So you and several others do not like the maximum current market price.
    You may WAIT or you many MANIPULATE the market index price

ohhhhhhhhhhh I hope shooger.sweet or teddy.bear doesn't get me for saying this.
    You may do the same with a breeding animal that you have never seen on the market too (just have hundreds of millions to play with)

I DO NOT do what I will explain.

This activity will take two or more players you know on your market. (Once other players see the items being listed then .... you can count on loosing a few).

1. have your at least two person crew set up (no bots)
    2. once player begins by listing at the highest price
    3. the second player buys
    4. once must wait (a few minutes ....) The market index will move up by 2%
    5. another player lists
    6. another buys
    7. wait again
    8. ...
    9. ...
    10. ...

Keep doing this and drive the market as high as you want.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR calm down and let supply and demand forces and the market mechanism work

Happy junking

----- edit -----
    The cost of this manipulation nonsense is the 10% listing charge each time listing is done. (simply selling the sames goods back and forth anyway <--- you more than likely will loose goods)

Patience ............ very very very few have that much to sell now anyway.

Strongly recommend simply waiting. Why bother? takes too much time anyway

(and there is squiggle-the-stork on this farm and she does not like these slick moves anyway) xDxDxDxD

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Nala777, joanc123, 12ss12 and 3 others like this.
  3. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

Excellent idea! I have all ready captured one bonus - May focus on drops to get more games to collect the rest!

Nala777, joanc123, swCactus1 and 2 others like this.
  4. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

That's basically what I'm doing. Opened enough buds to get the first +1 bonus, then planted all the seeds. Think now I will just wait to finish the rest all at the same time.

Nala777, joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  5. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

LOL @ statutory warnings and matselle-the-pig! xD I've been waiting for the day farmer_broke named his pig after someone here and I could not have imagined a more perfect reaction. xD

Back to strategy...

In my opinion, 2x2s are ideal if you're planning to use lots of SG but may not be a good idea for those who aren't - it all depends on how you choose to do the event. In one of the strategies I was considering for this event, for example, using 2x2s exclusively resulted in 1888 fewer crops overall compared to using a mix of 2x2s and 1x1s.

Yes, a 2x2 has a greater output than a 1x1, but we only have 3 fields to work with and the harvest bonuses only run for 8 hours each. Sometimes it might be better to go with the 1x1s in order to use the space we're given more efficiently while the bonuses are active than to stick with 2x2s simply because a single 2x2 yields more crops than a single 1x1.

This is a good example of what I described above.

2x2s yield more crops, but how many seeds can you get through before your harvest bonus runs out? If you're not using any SG, I'm guessing 3 out of 4 harvests of 44 2x2s, leaving at least 1 harvest that won't benefit from the bonus.

A 1x1 (4 + 3 = 7) with the bonus running will give the same amount of crops as a 2x2 (7 + 0 = 7) after the bonus has expired, except the 2x2 is worse because it would mean less time and space to grow regular crops that could be generating more drops. If someone who is struggling with drops does this, it could mean the difference between finishing the event and falling short.

Each comfort field requires 3 seeds. Might be worth it if you have multiple 100% or 200% harvest bonuses running simultaneously but probably not a good idea for most people. I think it's better to use the same strategy but with regular 2x2s instead of comfort fields.

Thought I was missing something because I didn't see any reason to panic just yet. ;):p

Not sure about other forums but people on the DE forum are referring to solutions posted for similar puzzles in a previous event.
    Here's the link.

Nala777, joanc123, -Mir85- and 2 others like this.
  6. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

Such price raising games can be make as single player. Log in to two different farms on the same market, from two different browsers (Chrome, Firefox) on the same computer. Go to the market and buy and sell, buy and sell.....

Calm down and patient,

and about 15 hours later at market 25 valley rose prices:

[​IMG]

o_OxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

7. farmer_broke

S-B - the-swan and the "price raising game." xD

I agree with you. A single player can play the "price raising game" alone with two browsers open.
    (for you: I know of this "price raising game" very well. AND I CHOOSE not to engage in the practice AND NEVER have done so.)

One may use one player, two players or 10 players:
    At this time one had better be quick with working the scheme.

Others are routinely watching and waiting.

S-B, would you like for me to tell you tell you how many sales there have been which affected the market index price during the last 15 hours too? xDxD ahhhhhhhhhhhhh without computing ..... less than 5 - 7

Want the current rate of change too? xD
    2 % rise per relevant transaction

and .................................. developers can manipulate the change or rate of change too!

No need for me to bother ...... easier way: Just wait and out think the players scheming!

The event still has 4 days left! Impatient players with goods to sell will begin to get ants in their pants and sell if they have the goods ... and more frequently as the event time ends ... and the upward price movement will be quicker .... and Beeps knows this .... and Beeps developers do not even have to tinker with the rate .... relevant game team members have access to past event data and they have already used it.

S-B, I am surprised we are discussing these low level scum practices! :eek:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  8. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

Before you write about this I wouldn't even think of the price raising game. And I would never waste my time with such nonsense.

But think about it: Doing this kind of low level job really pays off for who. So that is much more than us players.

That is the best I have ever done.
    [​IMG]

9. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Zero, thank you for sharing. I think I agree with your strategy if not using SG or if willing to use a ton of it.

10. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Advice taken zerodegrees. Its 2x2 plot then or else 1x1 as said by you. Still contemplating which one to prefer. I will start tomorrow morning. So will decide tomorrow morning. I once read in a Russian Fairy Tale that morning is wiser than evening. A brother would say that to his sister. Its evening 7 p.m here. So I will decide tomorrow. I think last time I did 1x1 because of the less space. I will spin the mill tomorrow morning and see if I get any crop bonus. So in all aspects decision postponed tomorrow.

11. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

Completed. :)

[​IMG]

And the surplus crops I have will surely meet someone's needs.

12. AniE

AniE Board Analyst

Absolutely no crops in my market.

13. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Absolutely no crops in my market too. Planted the first set of seeds in 2x2 plots. I have not activated any of the bonus yet. Going now to spin the wheel for any +1 or 100% or 200% bonus.

Nala777, SahraB, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  14. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

No crops on my Market either. :(
    I have no idea how I am doing - I have been using very disorganised strategy (or perhaps no strategy at all!). :oops:

I still seem to have a lot of work to do though. At nearly the halfway stage, I am at least half way on both lists (good for the prize list, not so for the task list!). :p

Oh well, I will just keep on plodding on. May have to do some trading with that greedy Ziegfried if necessary at the end of my seed collecting. 8)
    Good luck all! ;)

Well done SahraB! :D

Nala777, SahraB, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  15. ol.timer.broke

ol.timer.broke Forum Greenhorn

<---- farm name inspired by illy1996 long ago.

:eek:
    Junkers Unite! and sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow your trading
    Too much faq junk to read for an ooooooooooooooooooold farmer nooooooooooooooooooooow! But you said it all.

A typical event junky most likely has 1/1000th of an ounce of sense when it comes to selling.
    So why would an event junkie sell junks to anybody and they needs junks to do their event junkie thing? Why? :eek:

The developers gave a way to trade crops for junks:
    The game developers and event designers have enough sense to engage in an event simulation in-house AND allow team members to engage in the event before the event junkies are given the event. (They are not stuck on stupid regarding many matters and events are routine.)

Some are beginning to finish the event:
    The crops surely will!

And today week-end only players who are want-a-be first class junkers will leave the event and many will sell off their excess crops.
    There will not be many sold to fill a market but there will be more activity in the area which will move the market default price up.

Plenty of time left.

Nala777, nwTrout1, SahraB and 2 others like this.
  16. farmer_broke

Please understand that I meant absolutely nothing ugly against those who choose to be junkers.

Event junkies do indeed have sense enough not to sell their goods for nothing.
    And they are doing it! I will take the risk of buying and selling and now have exactly two in total.
    The market index was well over 125 too!
    This is easy easy ccs and their is a limit to the goods the farm has ..... 2 xDxD

68 hours left in the event at this time .... hahaha .....

Wish you well with your junking.

...... YOUR junking! xDxDxD

17. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

I'm sure you know that much better. It's certainly no coincidence that the price increase in market event crops has been so slow. In the previous event, which was similar to this, I had made more than 1 billion cc's in the first 70 hours.

I don't think it's normal for prices to stay this low at this event. So think of the balance of supply-demand in a Country. There are certain conditions required for supply to be available, and it is normal for farmers not to want to sell their crops because those conditions do not exist for now.

Even if prices rise in the hours after that ( I don't think it will ) this event is over for me.

18. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Well my plan worked. I had just under 60 ankhs this morning, started at 8am, activated all the bonuses, used SG with 2x2 and just finished at 230. Almost no surplus crops, but I will now start growing them without SG, and sell what I can. So for those, in the future, who can devote an eight hour chunk of time and about 700 SG, this is the easiest, quickest, most stress free way to complete this type of event.

joanc123, Nala777, SahraB and 2 others like this.
  19. farmer_broke

Agree 1000 percent.
    Disagree 1000 percent with that part of your statement.
    I scanned the event faqs :cry: too much trash for me.
    But I can help you to see how this event is different and also why you have not made millions of ccs in the early part of this event:
    1. What do you want to sell?
    2. How does one get them?
    3. How do you get more seeds?
    4. Are you able to replant what you harvested? <-----------------------------------

hahaha xD Why? Because you don't want them to be so low priced? xD
    xDxD Now to have fun with S-B:
    Who has the supply? xDxD
    Where is the supply of what you want to sell?
    hahaha S-B, thanks for the entertainment ............ and I have just the solution for you:

sell the little you have for whatever you can get and forget about it.

OR xDxDxD

wait a few more hours and xDxDxDxD

BEEPS will buy them from you xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

20. Unfortunately I have to agree with SahraB.
    Too much tweaking and regulating blew the fun and excitement out of the event.
    The supply exists, but it's not going to reach the market.... unless a lot of reverse tweaking happens soon.

joanc123, Nala777, SahraB and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.