The Puzzle of Herbs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nala777, Feb 26, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

Squiggle - I stand corrected o_O- I did get the CR - but not the givers to complete it! Not enough coffee drank before I posted the last one!

2. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

From the feedback thread:
    Using crops instead of trees would have been a good start. If you have xxl trees and harvest twice you get 24hr growing time in a 24hour period real time. Using 20 hour trees harvesting once a day is even worse, only 20 hours growing time in a 24hour period real time. If you harvest them as soon as they are done, you are back to the 24 hours for 24 hours deal.

Now crops: With water, manure and harvesting on time* you can get 33.3 hours growing time into a 24hour period real time, that's a 39% increase from the trees. Even better: growing vegetables with tiki timers**, water, manure and harvesting on time you can get 41.7 hours of growing time into a 24hour period real time. That is a 74% increase from trees.

More growing time = more drops = more games = more seeds, which was your main problem.

In addition to getting drops for games for seeds, one had to make the most of each seed planted:
    Using comfort fields in this event is self sabotage.
    Comfort fields with ssg (+6) and the +3 bonus from the event:
    3 seeds sown in one comfort field = 15+6+3=24 plants harvested
    You didn't say if you used pumpkin jam (+1), but just in case:
    3 seeds sown in one comfort field = 15+1+6+3=25 plants harvested

2x2 fields with CAC (+2) and the +3 bonus from the event, no ssg:
    3 seeds sown in 3 2x2 fields = 3*(5+2+3) = 30 plants harvested

If there were more bonuses running at once, the difference could be even bigger.

* Much easier than trees since you can choose crop length to suit your schedule.
    ** If some of you are in need of tiki timers, just ask! Many of us have more than we could ever give away, let alone use ourselves.

3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

If you got the CR, then you got the givers - they were all prizes on the left hand side before the CR prize, so to get to the CR you must have received the givers.

The issue is probably that you are trying to place them on the CR, but they are charged items. You need to place them on your field first, use up the charges (or place on field and immediately delete, losing the charges) before they show up in your inventory to place on the CR.

Mir - I replied in the other thread.

4. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Yes I saw, I had just moved my post before your reply came through.

5. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Also from the feedback thread: xD

I beg to differ.

I was able to finish both task lists on my mostly inactive, low-level farms without using any SG, SSG, extra harvest bonuses, etc., despite only harvesting twice a day. I even took a day off and still managed to finish comfortably with a small surplus to sell on the market.

I grew vegetables on the three tropical lands with tiki timers, artisan products, water and manure, and got enough drops for more than 60 games. Other than the tiki timers, those farms didn't have anything that wasn't also available for free on your farm.

It was an easy event if you knew what you were doing and took advantage of Ziegfried's seed exchange. Strategy makes a huge difference, and is one of the main reasons players fail to complete events; the other main reason is lack of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.