The Road to Gold

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by *WisdomTree*, Mar 2, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Ambassador

im sitting this one out too on all my farms so please send drops to other neighbors who might need them :)
    marlymar, flwrsndnc, bmcfall_8490, and lennon_2011

Mooboy, chocomallow, 12ss12 and 5 others like this.
  2. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

They rebalanced the cloud row. :)

Road to Gold Magic Stalk Row
    [​IMG]
    Gives: 500% extra EP/TEP when harvesting the fullmoon playfields for 25 hours,
    6 x Crate O' Witchy Goods S
    Cooldown time: 168 hours
    Requires the three event items

So glad I chose to do this event. :inlove:

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

grrrrrrrrrrrrr... NOW! Now that we're on the second day? They sweetened the pot? Once a week instead of over 2 weeks (originally it was 330 hours, right?) more EP percentage than before than before and SIX crates of witchy goods instead of 1.

But it's still a boatload of crops and except for SL's farm, my farms are short on green goo and propellers. I think I'm still gonna sit it out.

Edited to add: They may have announced that CR is rebalanced, but my farm still shows it as the old numbers - 330 hours, 200% and 1 crate.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    Mooboy, MARLYMAR, chocomallow and 4 others like this.
  4. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

I just started the event.
    I guess 100% plant revenue bonus is enough for me to complete the event. I will also use water and manure.

Mooboy, MARLYMAR, chocomallow and 5 others like this.
  5. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Thanks for the Facts for this event WisdomTree. I am doing this event, as i will trade the surplus Grave Candle Cactus, Horror Tomato Stable and Midnight Oak at next Barter and Gift Event;)

The Two Crate O Witchy Goods M and S has help me get some Full Moon Harvester Boosters(+2), it has helped me build good stock of Spooky Stables, Spooky Crops and Spooky Fruits in my Spooky Barn

Now the Sweeten The Pot Cloud Row gives you 6 X the chances to win Full Moon Harvester Boosters(every 168 Hours) which is worth getting it helps build your Spooky Barn Stock, also help you unlock Mushroom Forest Field that helps you complete MM Events and MM Quests:p:p

6. zerodegrees

The change was due to all the negative feedback about the cloud row on the DE forum - Bigpoint is a German company after all and the DE forum has the largest player base. Some farmers finish these events before the first day is even over so BP may have also been waiting for data to come in re: event participation as well as basket purchases before going ahead with the decision to rebalance.

One of the main criticisms I found myself agreeing with is that 1 Crate O' Witchy Goods S every 2 weeks will add up to 26 crates over a period of 1 year, from which we'll be lucky if we get one +2 Full Moon Harvest Booster - that part seemed like a joke.

Anyway, I found a post by a Czech mod (Dob) that beautifully summed up my thoughts on these cloud rows with better bonuses but long cooldown times including The Road to Gold CR (written before the rebalancing):

Yes, the intention was to provide a line with a BZ bonus that would last the entire classic scary night, which is once a month. Unfortunately, I am afraid that it is difficult to use for this purpose nowadays, because few people will save it and players prefer to activate it as soon as it is ready for harvest and use it for decoration. Which is a logical step. However, because it was not primarily intended for this purpose, it is by no means one of the best in this respect. Personally, I am not a supporter of lines that should have such a specific use, because due to the number of all possible bonuses, it is very difficult to know them and the game itself currently offers no way to easily navigate the bonuses and how to effectively make sure the right time. Yes, there are options like pulling a decor out of a row, but in my opinion this can't be practiced with tens or hundreds of rows. On the other hand, lines with longer activation times are probably the only way to offer more diverse rewards in promotions in the future. Because some items, such as a box with neon paddocks, simply cannot be placed in a line that can be activated every day, as this would destroy the economy of the whole game. But a line that can be activated once every few months can already be put. Therefore, if we do not want another 10 rows with Septemberfest boxes and similar boxes, which are often represented in rows, it is necessary to accept that rows with a longer activation time may increase over time.

Finally, someone who understands the pressures BP is under to offer players interesting rewards in ways that don't destroy the economy of the game. :inlove:

Edit: Forgot to add that the new numbers for the CR will be applied with the next update according to DE mods. SOURCE

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  7. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

I'm solving this problem perhaps the way most players do. Manual method :)
    First of all, I add this and similar CR to my favourites. Then I remove one of the items that I do not want to activate from the CR. When the time comes, I place the item and activate it. Maybe classic but effective, especially for novices like me. :)

8. Bisquitte

Bisquitte Forum Expert

The rewards of this game are really nice for a newbie like me. and the CR change is very attractive now. Despite all this, I did not do this task. Because I wasn't sure I could finish it. I unlocked 1 area of my mushroom forest. and I have completed all the Skull Season quests.

If I work hard enough, I will be able to open 2 more areas of the mushroom forest before the MM is closed. I am happy for this :)

9. zerodegrees

Smart idea :) but I won't be doing that for this particular CR as I want those 6 crates every week. I also have a lot of good EP givers in my haunted manor and I think harvesting those givers twice a week with this CR will bring me far more EP than all the other items I have out on the other moonlight fields while Moonlight Mania is on.

10. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I am not too specific with regard to harvesting the cloud rows. Because one way or another we can make up for things we need and finish whatever task we take up. But I just see if the number of cloud rows which gives increased % for EP givers are nearly 30 and harvest them before harvesting my EP Givers.

Good decision. You will get lots of cloud rows in future. So don't worry. Once we got cloud rows which gave 850 EPs. It was a great thing at that time. But now...

I activated my 2 Jack o Gifts today. One has only 2 charges left. But still it goes a long way. So hope to finish the event quickly. ;)

11. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

event plants ok. waiting to complete my drops.

Mooboy, MARLYMAR, chocomallow and 3 others like this.
  12. Mooboy

Progress so Far: I am 350 short of 1189 Mystical Sticks needed, Currently growing Flowering Contract which gives best drops out of three event crops

51 hours of this event remaining :p

I have two Mysterious Arts in my Haunted Manor they give 1 Crate O Witchy M every 22 Hours, that gives me 14 Crate O Witchy M every 154 Hours

Road to Gold Magic Cloud Row will add 6 Crate O Witchy S every 168 Hours

Both Crate O Witchy M and Crate O Witchy S gives you chance to Win Full Moon Harvester +2, which does not require Diamond, Gold or Silver Buff Slot ;)

I have also Two Cloud Rows that gives 50% more spooky EP on all spooky givers, All my best spooky givers are in Haunted Manor

Also any Buff giver boosters in Buff slots help gain more EP:D:D

Those who are short of Mystical Sticks post here we all here to help others, I would have some SG on standby, there is Two Cloud Rows:[Reduce Spooky Crops by 10%]
    • eerie step in time magic stalk row II
    • moonlight mania magic stalk row 2
    use this combination plus added Terror Bouquet(gold slot)

To Enhanced the Effectiveness of using SG there are Two Cloud Rows;[Boost SG By 5%]
    • Pharaoh's Herbs magic stalk row
    • Harvest Festival 2014 magic stalk row
    use this combination plus added White Innocence(gold slot)

I hope anyone doing this event can make it fingers crossed :p;)

zerodegrees, 12ss12 and ç.çiftçi like this.
  13. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I have completed the Event. Cloud row up and running. I am back to growing crops I need on the 2 MM fields! Good luck everyone!
    Thanks to all my neighbors and friends for the Event drops they sent!;) But I did not find drops to be a problem.

Bisquitte, Brookeham, Mooboy and 3 others like this.
  14. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Well done to those that have finished. I absolutely hate these high requirement over 5 day events. Its so difficult when you cant get access to the game. I''ve just started the second crop, but think I may be able to catch up, but those drop rates are terrible. I'm at 844 of 1189. Hoping that will get better with 8 hour crops. ugg. I really wasnt going to do this event until they upped the ante.

Bisquitte, Titi-tyy, goddes and 3 others like this.
  15. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Finished the event. Cloud Row not yet activated. I will do it tomorrow.

16. ctindaldavies

I'm bowing out. 13 hours to go and I am only half way through the second crop. I've used all my spins and all my SG (and all my BB) so I am done.
    I'm am not going to bother trying to get any further. As much as I love MM events, they always seem to be a stretch without harvest bonuses and time. It always comes down to time :)

17. TommyBurns

TommyBurns Active Author

I have finished the event on all three of my farms but I did find it tough going. I haven't activated my cloud row yet as there seems to be an issue. FAQ states it will give 6 x Crate O' Witchy Goods S with a cool down time 168hrs but cloud row is stating 1 x Crate O' Witchy Goods S with a cool down time of 330hrs. A thread has been opened in General Questions so I'll wait to see what happens there.

18. Mooboy

Finally completed this event :D;)

I often play this game on my mobile when i go on day outings, it was very slow on my mobile, also i was not able buy manure from the markets to speed up growing the needed amount of last crops

I was not lucky to win any harvester boosters or +1 boosters, I dunno why but i have couple of 200% harvesters also 1 Spooky Harvester Booster +2. As i am saving them for special events that gives far more rewarding prizes
    The only rewarding part of this event was the cloud row ;)

19. ctindaldavies

So glad I decided to quit this one, albeit on the last morning. Got home last night and there has been no internet at all. Only came back on a few minutes ago. So I would have been busting a gut only to not be able to log in anyway. Bigger downside fields are locked now with event crops in. Beginning to hate 2022 xD xD
    What's the next event?

20. zerodegrees

I finished the event crops a day early thanks to some +1 crop bonuses from the normal wheel after using a bunch of free spins I got from crates. SG/SSG use was minimal and only used to build up seeds. The drops took a little longer but they came together easily with a couple of harvests of normal spooky crops in the first half of the last 24h - no special measures required.

I milled one batch of 6 flowering contracts on day 1 right after my first full harvest of white bone daisies. I then spent the rest of the day growing white bone daisies while simultaneously building up 404 flowering contracts on the side so I could plant the 8h crop on 1x1s overnight. I only planted flowering contracts at night before bed so they could grow while I was sleeping since they take way too long during the day.

After my first full harvest of flowering contracts on the morning of day 2, I milled one batch of 4 crypt creepers and repeated the process of growing white bone daisies while simultaneously building up enough crypt creeper seeds to cover both fields on the side.

I think milling the minimum amount of flowering contracts + crypt creepers and building up seeds as soon as possible was key to successfully completing this event without heavy use of precious resources.

I figure if I was able to be online right when the event started/ended at 14:00 CET, I could've gotten away with as little as 69 SG + 73 SSG for this event without relying on harvest bonuses or sacrificing sleep. Being in the right time zone, having the ability to harvest during working hours, and careful planning with a good strategy definitely helps to cut down on the use of those resources.

Congrats to everyone who made it to the CR! I'm waiting for Wednesday's update to activate mine. ;)

Sandbox Snake Eyes

We're supposed to get lucky dice from trees so my main field is covered with my longest trees. I also have 5 fully upgraded arboretums out.

ctindaldavies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.