"The Scribbler" Event Quest

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Mar 31, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

Explanation: FARMARAMA is the scene of a crime! The scribbler has escaped from his "cell" and left his scribble all over the farm. Will Inspector Mauseau catch the culprit ?!

In addition to the quest, keep your eyes open ... because ... the scribbler is about!
    There is also an item to be won, how? You have to find out for yourself!

Dear Diary! It is time for me to escape from this prison of bright colors and unbearable cunning. If I stay, I'll end up like my cellmate Teddy, who already has one eye missing! No, a genius like me is destined for higher things. MUAHAHA!

Starts: Wednesday, 1st of April at 00:01 CET (UTC+1)
    Ends: Sunday 5th of April at 14:00 CET (UTC+1)
    Promo: event timer, news page

FAQ

Event Crops: Scribbleweed S
    Time:
    1 hour, 4 minutes and 20 seconds
    1* Scribbleweed S BV value: worth 5
    Plantable on the Main playfield only!

Scribbleweed L
    Time:
    20 hours, 4 minutes and 1 second
    1* Scribbleweed L BV value: worth 53
    Plantable on the Main playfield only!

Event Item: A clue!
    This Quest will require A clue! to complete certain steps. A clue! are given as rewards in some of the steps.

Total Requirements:

155,000*
    BV value in event plants (2925* Scribbleweed L <<--- (I will choose this)
    or
    * Scribbleweed S or you can deliver as many crops as you prefer from both.)
    25* A clue!
    1* Scribbleweed S

Have Fun!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for starting this off SahraB ... I've been scouting around trying to find out what plot sizes will give in BV! :p
    I'm guessing (please correct me if I'm wrong!) that plot size doesn't matter. :music:
    I'm in ... and watching out for April Fool's gags along the way! xD

Edit: Did you notice the different time the event starts ... wonder why? :eek:

3. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Is that 3.30 a.m according to Indian Time ?
    Ok. I will know that tomorrow morning. After waking up, I will login and check.

Thanks SahraB!
    Does the FAQ mean that we can grow less event crops and finish it merely by depositing Farm crops ?

4. illy1996

Events normally start at 14h00 European time, this one will be starting at midnight so that is 14 hours ahead of normal. :)
    But I think this may be starting early in order to catch a lot of us out somehow! :music:

5. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

@illy1996 ,

1* Scribbleweed S BV value: worth 5
    1* Scribbleweed L BV value: worth 53

I will use 2x2s then 2x1s and then 1x1s to reproduce enough crops. Since I will only plant the long term crop, I am thinking of using SG and SSG until I reach enough numbers for 1x1s.

Then, I aim to reach enough crops in a short time with only water and manure.

We just need to deliver the event crops.

6. 12ss12

Thanks SahraB. I missed out the word 'event' while reading the phrase 'BV of event crops' the FAQ.

7. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Thank you @SahraB for the strategy thread. :inlove:

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

You made my morning, SahraB! It's only one field. I'll do what I can...things are weird for me at the moment. I'm spending my days sewing masks.

Cassie101, AnnTAngel7, Sue46 and 11 others like this.
  9. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Forum Pro

Thank you SahraB, and everyone. I'm in. This one looks like fun. I don't think I will be able to finish this event, but I will give it my best.
    Good Luck everyone. :inlove:

10. Thanks SahraB for the Event information with numbers, Much obliged.

Cassie101, KaiCat33, Nala777 and 6 others like this.
  11. illy1996

I know my maths is not my strong point but is it actually possible to do this with the shorter timed crop on one field? :wuerg:

Edit: Misread this - thought it said 4 hours! :p

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Cassie101, AniE, KaiCat33 and 8 others like this.
  12. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

:music:Wonder if we will get scribbling all over our farms since we know what April 1st is and what has happened in the past !!! ;):pxD

13. illy1996

That's a good one Banjo! xD

14. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

If you only do the short time crop you need around 52 harvests. If we just count 4 days, it's 13 harvests a day. With water the time for each harvest is a bit less than an hour. So yes, if you are at/near your computer most of the day (and maybe use a timer to not forget harvesting) it is definitely possible.

I think this choice is rather nice. In these times many are at home. Some might not have a lot to do, then they can harvest crops each hour if they want. We've had many complaints over the years from people who find long event crops boring. If you don't want to do that, or you're really busy you can go for the option with a super long crop. There could have been a third option with a medium length crop, but that's what we have most of the time anyway.

Edit: For many a mix will be a nice option. Plant the long crop overnight, then if you have time in the afternoon you can do a few rounds of the short crop.

Cassie101, AniE, KaiCat33 and 10 others like this.
  15. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

This one looks to have a tight timeline and looks like it will take all 5 days to complete unless you use some SG and/or have some luck at the wheel.

16. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

So is this a "real event" or an April Fools joke?!:p

17. 12ss12

[​IMG] Might be. Some part of it, when you see the starting time ( I think it might be so. Just my personal opinion). I think you hit on something sanddollar[​IMG]. Now I am waiting to see what would be the joke tomorrow.

18. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

Thanks for supporting during this insanity!

19. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

Thank you SarahB for starting the thread and laying it all out for us. I will do what I can, as of late..... I've not been doing well on anything. Good luck and try to have some fun.......Enjoy!:music:

20. Erridge

Erridge Forum Expert

Now you've got me worried Sanddollar if this is a joke. What's the punchline? :p:wuerg::eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.