The Trail of Lights V2

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Jul 14, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Habalala - you'll get the silver key for another crop fairly soon...Next harvest (which will be in the morning for me) I'll get the silver key and will unlock the next crop. So pretty soon you'll have them all available to mill/grow/harvest.

Don't forget to go back and harvest the extra star coins every 10 hours!

2. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I got a Piccolo box from my fiery crate III!

3. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Thank you all for great advice, especially ct, in formulating a good plan on how to get through this event!;) I began with the glowcus on the mainland, because I still wanted to work on growing the terror eggplant on moonlight fields.
    Good luck to everyone tackling the "Trail of Lights V2" event.:D

I wish BP would have a super grow and suzy super grow offer soon. I think I've missed offers b/c of being on Pacific coast...and sleeping late. :p

4. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

It's a good thing we don't have to complete the last tile in each path before moving onto the next one. The crop requirements for tiles 8, 16, and 24 are quite high and being able to grow them while getting started on the next path is sure to save a lot of time. ;) That means we can unlock the special tiles that much sooner and get more star coins. :D

Oh, now you tell me! I started off with the glowkins and the other areas are filled with stables to take advantage of the post-season buff. Maybe that's why I only have 325 drops... :p It's okay, I know what I'm doing. ;)

EDIT

Looks like your wish has been granted. :)

Super-Grow Spectacular + Suzy's Super-Grow Sale

Starts: Friday, 16th of July at 18:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Ends: Sunday, 18th of July at 22:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  5. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Am I the only one who didn't realise we could start the next crop as soon as we had won the next key? :p
    I had put my longest crop in the MM fields! Had to nuke some and delete the rest! :wuerg:

Still, it means I can progress quicker. I thought I would mention it in case anyone else didn't realise and were still trying the get the last lot of crops from their first choice. :music:

6. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I did that mistake yesterday. Even after I got the 2nd key, I didn't realise that I could mill the 2nd set. I put chives. So I had to delete 5 of them and patiently wait for 4 hours before I could proceed.

7. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

I was ok with it for the transition from MM starting point to main as I had chicken pens in the glade, so I was able to just delete those. I didn't plan so well with the transition to Baha though as I had Sag in, so I had to wait 3 hours until they finished. I didn't want to waste the drops from that field. That said I only need about another 50 drops unless I have miscalculated.

I bought a fiery crate IV and got 2 crates of stables from it - 1 lobster pool and 4 PF. A little disappointed. Might just have to buy Picolo chest instead.

8. illy1996

I have just gone over the required number of drops for this one. :)
    I have also just got my last key so have three plus days to get the Baha crops done. I'm happy with that. :D

I haven't used much SG or SSG - other than to speed up cos I couldn't wait and through dumb errors! I haven't spent any of my coins so far. Want to see how many I get ... perhaps get one of everything! xD

9. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

CR up and running. 8)
    I exchanged 360 star coins with 2 piccolo boxes.:music:
    Until the event is over, I will spend the accumulated star coins for the piccolo box.
    If I have any star coins left, I'll use them for chests.:p

10. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Count me in as one not realizing we could start next crop as soon as got silver key. :p I think I'm doing okay, I started with Glowcrus and am now doing Glowkins, with 1 more harvest to open step 22, 2 more to get key, and 3 to finish this path. :) And, thanks to all the excellent advice, I finally know how to get more than 5 seeds at a time in the mill! Only took me 9 1/2 years. :wuerg:xD Even old bears can learn new tricks.:D

I too am saving all my star coins until close to the end, thinking I'll go for the 3 Piccolo boxes, then work on the fiery boxes with anything left over. I have (im)patiently been waiting to collect 10 Piccolos before I will allow myself to set them out, and am only 1 away, so continuing to hold back is not easy for me, but I am determined to persevere! :p:cry:

11. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

CR up and running! :) I am also saving my star coins till late Mon, till then I will harvest every 10 hours!:p Good luck everyone and I hope you reach your goals:music:

12. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I have also RC up and running. My problem is to remember to collect Fairy lights.

13. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

My Wonder Box became Hamster flytrap and my Fiery Crates became Penguin stable, 4 PF and Eerie Tiki Shrine.

14. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I got the Cloud Row unlocked now deciding how to spend my Star Coins bear in mind we can reap 60 Star Coins until this event ends

15. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

Friends who are thinking of spending their star tokens for the piccolo box on the last day: There is a technical problem at the moment. Cannot own 3 piccolo boxes in the same day. Update your plans accordingly.

16. illy1996

I cracked and spent coins - 2 Piccolo Boxes which gave me a Bear Friend and another Witch's Hat (not going to complain about 160 BBs!). I am just four harvests away from finishing so no hurry. Just toodle along. :music:
    Good luck with those Piccolo Boxes and Crates! ;)

17. Growalot

Growalot Old Hand

Very happy to get the CR as I didn't think it would be possible at first. The first piccolo box turned into a Bear Buddy. My goal is to get the orange guinea pig and orange mantis, or two orange guinea pigs (not sure yet) and I should be able to get at least one more piccolo box, but then I might decide to buy the two remaining piccolos.....argh....too many decisions!

Good luck to all in achieving your goals....and let's hope that our hard earned piccolo boxes turn into at least one BB tree!

18. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I did not intend to do this event and told all my neighbours so. Then I thought I would just do the Moonlight Mania bit, then the next bit and lo and behold before I knew it, I had completed it all. Cloud row up and waiting to be activated tomorrow. 2 Piccolo boxes set out and will have enough coins to get the third one. I think it was good that I was not stressed at the beginning about completing it all. I had the mindset I would just do what I could - I did get a couple of 6hour plus 1 for crops and a 100% 12 hour harvest bonus so that helped enormously.

19. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

All finished with CR up and running. I love this event. Don't know why, I just do. Its not boring and tedious. Its pretty and I like shiny glowy things LOL. I didn't like having to work around the Summer Weekend Event That Makes You Buy And Use All Your SuperGrow Or Else You Will Not Finish though. I really dislike that event.
    I have bought 2 Picolos and 1 fiery crate IV (which I said before didn't give what I was wishing for). The picolos were a Mighty Mower and another Leaf Dance.

@spotsbox and all you others that hoard picolos (was it Brookeham?) I have no idea how you do it. I'm like a kid on Christmas Day. A disappointed kid most of the time, but albeit, a little kid xDxD

**Edit ** be careful all those waiting until the last minute to buy picolo wonder boxes. As @imalattanhalka has pointed out there is a problem.

From Farmers.Almanac: "There is currently an issue with purchasing the third Piccolo Wonder box the same day as the first 2. The Team is aware of the problem and will address it tomorrow. The current workaround is that you can redeem your coins the next day and buy the third box. You will need to wait until the farm day resets at midnight CEST."

Just in case they don't get it fixed, don't wait until the last day if you intend to buy all 3.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  20. Growalot

Growalot Old Hand

Same. Mystery stables, trees, tool boxes, piccolos, and even crates barely get the chance to rest in my inventory. The sweet smell of anticipation is addictive!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.