Tiki Timers in the market

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by TCRooster, Nov 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Please let me either use tiki timers to upgrade my spa or sell them on the market. I have over 300 of the things!

2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Great idea! I don't have them on my 2nd farm and would love to be able to buy them in the market! They do make a wonderful difference on baha and I love that they do not take a buff slot! Very valuable commodity!

3. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

If you send half of those to me you'll be surprised to realise you had a ready market...

;););)

4. chookie

chookie Exceptional Talent

I'd like to buy tiki timers - anything to get more crops quickly and level up.

5. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

This gets my vote. Let the other farmers get some use from them too.
    I send some out as gifts but still have a lot left over.

6. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Mine are mounting up too as I usually forget to use them! Would love to sell them or gift them.

7. jennifersiegel

jennifersiegel Padavan

What is a Tiki-Timer?

shodack78, abubadi66 and TERRIE like this.
  8. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

It is a crafting product that can be used on Baha to reduce veg growth time by 20%.

9. Elemeef

Elemeef Forum Pro

Certainly sounds like something we could all use. Now I just have to find the right queue to stand in to get 1, lol.

10. crzyjoyce

crzyjoyce Forum Expert

Most times i forget I have them, think I have about 200

spotsbox likes this.
  11. Michael1877

Michael1877 Old Hand

It is a reward that comes of the Carousel Music Box, it is displayed in your pantry (usually towards the end). It acts as a buff that reduces Bahamarama vegetable growth time by 20%, the special feature is that it doesn't occupy a buff slot.

I used my tiki timers to stock up on Baha veggies, now they just accumulate in my pantry.
    The idea of making them available on the market is great!!!!!
    What didn't cross my mind yet is the idea of gifting them as JJenks mentioned, I went ahead immediately and sent out seven......

You can gift them already; go to your pantry and they should give you the same options of what to do with them as any other crafting product.....

Last edited by moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  12. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Thanks Michael, I had forgotten that I could gift them.

Michael1877 likes this.
  13. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I went to my Shipwreck Bay to harvest my Carousel Music Box and I found out that when you click this box for some time then it starts moving round and round....
    I also noticed that this Carousel gives something but I didn't know what it was. Thank you for telling us I didn't know that I had Tiki timers!
    TCRooster Amazing idea;)

14. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

Thanks for telling me that you had a lot of tiki-timers. No wonder my chickadee roost mentor (whom is my neighbour now) sent me a tiki-timer yesterday. I was just wondering why he sent me when I came across this thread. For me tiki-timers can be quite useful. You can use tiki-timers to act as island water so that you can save your island water. Whenever you need island water just use tiki-timers. You can also use tiki-timers to get more island crops because tiki-timers reduce the growth time of the crops which allows you to plant more crops.:D:D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    abubadi66, Arielh and Michael1877 like this.
  15. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I would be more than happy to get gifts of any extra tiki timers off people's hands... LOL
    (on a more serious note, though you cannot sell them, people could donate back some items in return -- the question is what and how many?)

penguilnz and wolfeyesone like this.
  16. Arielh

Ι think is a good idea to trade them for something else maybe for other trade products

penguilnz and farmlily3 like this.
  17. jennifersiegel

jennifersiegel Padavan

Me too.

I would definitely keep checking on prices for tiki timers on the In-Game Market.
    I don't have the means to make them but would be interested in the product.
    Same as perfumes.
    Why not make them available to everybody by putting them on the market?

Players that ask for GB? They are getting an easier way to achieve their goal. It takes a little more though than just checking a rather annoying cloudrow in a messy setup to get extra BEP. But faster growing crops for example are indeed a way to achieve a faster level up. And the greatest thing about it to me is that it doesn't use a crafting slot. I just think Bell Peppers, enhancers, Mega EP Day, etc. ... A lot of the pieces are already available in the system, but the players just don't have access to them for various reasons (which a lot of them I actually see as rather counterproductive). Just give me a way to faster growing BH Crops and I will be even more interested in opening up longer growing crops in the monkey temple.

And players that are not interested would get some use out of them by at least making some CC's.
    All that would do is just shuffling some extra pixels and buffs around.

Maybe I might even like it so much after actually being able to use it, that I might be even more interested in an event that let's me fill up that row after all. Instead of mostly thinking about getting rid of my multitude of empty and frustrating cloudrows somehow. I think cloudrows should be dealt with more carefully and I am planning to get to that thread at some point. But that would be off topic again here.

I didn't even know there were tiki-timers to be had before this thread.

abubadi66 and Arielh like this.
  18. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

I'd Like to try Woody's suggestion...
    Anyone want to trade me a Tiki Timer for something ?

penguilnz likes this.
  19. Arielh

I can give you a Tiki Timer what can you give me as a return?

Last edited by moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    penguilnz likes this.
  20. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

I have been meaning to find this thread and post a reply...

BIG THANKS to those farmers, who went ahead and pleasantly surprised, me sending Tiki Timers as gifts. & You never even expected anything in return :)
    You made me smile for days,How nice of you ! You guys rock !