Time to confess

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by saltypixel, Mar 16, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snobunny333

snobunny333 Junior Expert

some days I'm a little more addicted to the forum than the farm...lurking that is:music:

2. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

You take bathroom breaks :eek: Isn't that what a tablet is for xD

Okay....reserve me a front row seat as well :music:

daisy, wolfeyesone, Blaaaze and 10 others like this.
  3. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

and i guess harvesting whilst eating dinner is a bad thing as well RIGHT! xDxDxD
    Or Having a second clock set to german time in your taskbar just so you KNOW the second a even is set to start!!!! ;)

4. SillyGuy

SillyGuy Forum Veteran

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

BeeDance, IVANCICA30 and farmlily3 like this.
  5. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

I have to dress formal. Perhaps they will require you to as well. The white dinner jackets they'll have us wear are beautiful, although the sleeves are a bit long; but not to worry, they tie the excess sleeves behind the jacket so they don't fall in the soup. They claim it saves on dry cleaning....

6. igotfrogs

*chuckles* ... having trouble seeing as i fell asleep in front of my tablet waiting to harvest before bed lol oops .... must go to bed :(

7. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

you know you're addicted when you start asking your accountant if farm purchases are tax deductible....

8. igotfrogs

Man you mean you can deduct for that!!!! ...... i need me a accountant! lol ..... i wonder if my hubby can claim it as a expense lol ...

daisy, IVANCICA30, muscaricat and 4 others like this.
  9. sewinglady

sewinglady Exceptional Talent

Well, I'm new around these parts, and after playing for just about 2 weeks now, I'm pretty sure that if I don't already qualify for the 12-step program, I will soon.

I've been sneaking the laptop into the sewing room and checking my farm between steps (I do a lot of 'batch' type sewing).

daisy, wolfeyesone, Blaaaze and 12 others like this.
  10. igotfrogs

Ohhhh you sew ...... what do you like to sew? ... as in SEW ..... not farm lol .....

11. sewinglady

These days I mostly sew bags. So (er, sew?) I cut out a number of them and then do each step in the construction process to each bag, then move on to the next step.

Last edited by moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  12. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

looking like BeeDance's avatar! xD (BTW: I really like your avatar.) :)

13. igotfrogs

Ohhhh ok ..... i myself am into Quilting ..... last winter i made myself and my husband a king sized double wedding ring quilt .... with 8 matching pillow cases for our wedding anniversary :)

and made my little dog Poppy a matching quilt and pillow slip for on the end of the bed ...... but well in winter time ..... she kinda likes to sleep elsewhere lol ....

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    daisy, IVANCICA30, muscaricat and 6 others like this.
  14. sewinglady

Whoa! I have loads of admiration for anyone who quilts. I don't quilt - did garment/custom sewing and alterations for years. Even have a degree in it, but now I mostly sew bags, although I've dabbled a bit in "altered couture". I have been known to repurpose "found" vintage quilt blocks and pieces for some of my bags. Love those old feedsack prints!

15. igotfrogs

Yes i love it ..... but my hands are playing up this year .... i'm feeling old ... so all that hand work is probably off the cards for me this winter .....

IVANCICA30, farmlily3 and BeeDance like this.
  16. sewinglady

(Hoping we don't get 'smacked' for hijacking this thread)...
    I understand about the hands. I can only do so much handwork at a time, then I have to give it a rest, too.

17. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

My Mom, wife & daughter all quilters. It scares me that I know what a double wedding ring pattern is! I know that one is a challenging one to make.
    We are about to get a quilting machine ("we" as in "they".... I'm the slave labor to get it into the house and set up), hopefully a 10 footer, but since 12 foot will fit....

===

Hi SewingLady, and thanks! Addiction is not required but I think it helps.

===

Thanks Blackcaviar! That avatar is what I hope to look like one day when I can get my life together. Most guys probably want to look like Mr. Atlas or Arnold Swartzin-govenor; if I can get to the point of looking like Bill-the-Cat (my avatar) I will be a very happy man.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  18. igotfrogs

Oh my gosh .... do they want to adopt me BeeDance ??????? i would be in heaven lol ..... i do all mine on my little sewing machine! .....

IVANCICA30 and BeeDance like this.
  19. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

frogs - will you post of a picture of your double wedding ring quilt? My grandmother also quilted but I don't know how. How long did it take you to make it?

My family teases me about being addicted to Farmerama...

I have three browsers...Chrome, Firefox and IE. My son tells me that the only thing that prevents me from having more farms is that I don't have any more browsers. The 2nd and 3rd farm were opened with the express purpose of being able to send out more daily gifts...I do love my farms but I also love my friends and neighbors!

daisy, wolfeyesone, Blaaaze and 5 others like this.
  20. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

They also quilt on "regular' machines atm, although my daughter is apprenticing with an exception quilter on a couple quilting machines and does do large ones on them.
    Let me talk with my Dad and see if there are regulations as to how many quilters are allowed in the same family before the menfolk are so adversely affected that therapy becomes mandatory rather than strongly advised. If there are no such regulations perhaps we could swap you for him and me... of course that would mean enough room in both houses for at least a couple more sewing machines, especially if we take our tolerance medications with us (which we would not need)...

..danka1., daisy, IVANCICA30 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.