Time to confess

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by saltypixel, Mar 16, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

hahahha I've already told my children when they move out I'm having the biggest bed room for a sewing room LOL .....they didnt like that much hehehehe

Pnp i'll have a look i should have a photo here of it somewhere ,,,,,If not i'll wash it all on the weekend and take some photos .... :)

Here you go PnP now mind you keep in mind this was only my second ever quilt .....it took me a couple months work ....
    [​IMG]

1st was a double bed quilt i made for my sickly Aunt now be nice remember it was my 1st lol .... i was happy with it though

[​IMG]

Oh gosh take no notice of my poor old bed .... it's about 25 years old .... been through about 8 moves ... looks a bit worse for ware these days lol ....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    snobunny333, Arielh, daisy and 12 others like this.
  2. -poppyseed-

-poppyseed- Forum Connoisseur

Frogs, they look great. That was only your second quilt ever?o_O Wow, you have a talent for it. There was someone else on the forum that mentioned quilting as a hobby. (Suzee maybe?) Soo sweet that you made a little quilt for Poppy.:inlove:

3. sewinglady

sewinglady Exceptional Talent

Both are just wonderful! I love the contrast on the double wedding ring and also the red to white ombre effect you got on the other one. Color and pattern are kind of my thing - I always like to say that I never met a print fabric that I didn't like. Vintage Hawaiian prints being my downfall...I cannot leave them when I find them, no matter how bad the condition, etc.

I'm just about done with the third bag in a custom order...when I finish I'll take a couple quick snaps and show you what I mean...

daisy, dgirl_200, farmlily3 and 2 others like this.
  4. igotfrogs

I just love crafts .... I love to quilt .... I done many hours of beading ..... I make reborn baby dolls, decorating cake as long as it does not involve drawing i'm good to go .... and dont forget the farming :)

Sorry BeeDance i kinda hijacked your thread i got side tracked lol

dgirl_200 and farmlily3 like this.
  5. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

Excellent job igot! Am I correct - is the double wedding ring hand quilted? If so how in the world did you do all that in only 2 months???
    The pinwheels quilt is also beautiful - I'm going to show these to my wife when she gets home. She makes pillow cases for children with cancer as well as lap quilts for people in the hospital or convalescing and I know she'd love the idea of matching pillows. She loves making the blocks and seeing they could be pillows rather than table runners will give her even more ideas. Of course I realize it will backfire on me - her "stash" is already so big I believe one more fat quarter in that room is going to make the floor collapse.

It's certainly not my thread... whatever chit chat people want to chit or chat about....
    (Oh and tomorrow there will be comments on tonight's FA meeting. I'll try to leave out names of those arrested, but needless to say a fun time was had by all (well, except some of the swat team members).

=====

BTW, I do not have CDFO. It is not my fault if people can not get the letters in the right order...

daisy, wolfeyesone, Blaaaze and 8 others like this.
  6. igotfrogs

No i must admit the double wedding ring wasn't hand quilted .... i did it on my trusty little machine that i bought second hand lol ....
    just done with embroidery thread i now kinda wish i had taken a little more time on that part of it but by that time i just wanted to see it finished lol ....I love to do the matching pillow cases ..... only way you can really get one to match the quilt perfect .... and i put the same embroidery around both so they tie in together ....

i found this picture its a close up of the pillow slip i made my aunt ... it shows the boarders i put on both the quilt and pillow slip ... i also put a ruffle .... i love ruffles lol take HEAPS of fabric but they look so awesome!

[​IMG]

7. muscaricat

muscaricat Forum Pro

You guys, igotfrogs and BeeDance, are hilarious - had a really good chuckle over breakfast ! Yes, the laptop is on the table !:p
    I have played Farmerama almost since it started - with the wonky old farmhouse, in the days before the rune tree, when you collected air miles to get to Bahamarama......Oh, those memories !! :music:;)
    Am I going to admit to FOCD, of course not - I don't have an addictive personality, well not usually it is just this darned game !!o_O
    A few years back, we started building an extension from the house into a nearby little barn. The problems with the artisans, particularly as we are now living in France and I am not a native French speaker, meant the stress levels for me were huge. I had never had stress problems before but this scenario, with the frustration of not being able to communicate fluently in the same language as those I had to argue with and deal with builders and heating engineers in liquidation, tipped me into anxiety,not sleeping, nausea..... Farmerama was my escape world I suppose.Thankfully the renovation is almost complete and any work left to do we are doing ourselves, so no problems unless we create them !
    Farmerama is the only computer game I play, apart from cards and word games. I think my farm helped me a lot during the stress and now things have calmed down again, I still play several times a day because I enjoy it. :inlove:
    I also enjoy the forum and this thread is the best I have read for ages.:):)

daisy, wolfeyesone, Blaaaze and 9 others like this.
  8. igotfrogs

And that my friend is what life is all about ,,,,, If your not having fun in life change it ..... If someone or something isn't bringing Joy into your life change it ..... :) I I suffer myself with very bad panic attacks .... anxiety issues ... to the point i can be in tears in the car because i always think we are going to get hit front on i know stupid ... thank goodness i'm NOT the driver ... but heck life can be a crazy mixed up horrible mess of tragic happenings ..... at times more than we think we can shoulder .... Then there is this wonderful awesome escape called farmerama :)

daisy, Blaaaze, dgirl_200 and 3 others like this.
  9. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Please don't tell anyone, saltypixel, but my laptop is hooked up to a 46 inch tv monitor so I can farm without my glasses ! but I can turn it off whenever I want to ! I just don't want to ! (now, where did I read that....mmmm?):)

daisy, wolfeyesone, dgirl_200 and 7 others like this.
  10. igotfrogs

*innocent look* :music:.... Ummmm i don't know where ?:pxDxDxDxDxD

11. davidb1yth007

BEWARE the innocent looking frog amongst us..... she may not be a princess....

Arielh, dgirl_200, farmlily3 and 2 others like this.
  12. igotfrogs

i can assure you the frog is no prince *looks down* nope no prince *giggles*

Arielh, wolfeyesone, Blaaaze and 5 others like this.
  13. SillyGuy

SillyGuy Forum Veteran

LOL david xDxDxD

He?? I think it was a female, surely a princess...:p

14. igotfrogs

i don't know you would think he would know i'm a girl froggie ... what with my girlish figure and all xDxDxDxDxD

dgirl_200, farmlily3, JJenks and 4 others like this.
  15. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

Don't give me any ideas, david! Now I have a sudden urge to get myself a big screen TV. Apparently I've always wanted one, I just didn't know it until now!xD

dgirl_200, farmlily3, JJenks and 4 others like this.
  16. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

They are lovely frogs! You should be proud of your quilts! I would love to be able to do something creative but I don't have the skill. I did make my son an afghan before he went to college 2 summers ago and learned a lot in the process. It was huge! He wanted one that covered him completely from head to toe and when he rolled over. He is over 6'. I was also worried that I would count wrong so I put in 'a little extra to be sure.' LOL Of course there are things I wish I had done differently but overall he was pleased with it so that just melted my heart.

daisy, wolfeyesone, dgirl_200 and 5 others like this.
  17. davidb1yth007

BEWARE the innocent looking froggette amongst us.....

18. igotfrogs

shhhhh be careful calling me a froggette .... broke might think you say nugget and mistake me for a chicken nugget .... and NO more froggie ..... he wants to feed me to dogs!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

daisy, dgirl_200, farmlily3 and 3 others like this.
  19. OneCrop35

OneCrop35 Someday Author

My farmers orders are really bad, I can give 2 frogs in an order for 229 exp and 10 happy faces, or I could sell them for 2200 cc. I rater sell them. I can't even make frogs. It should only be things that I have not what I can make. I have 617 cc.....still waiting on bricks and roof tiles I need to make productions.

wolfeyesone, dgirl_200 and SillyGuy like this.
  20. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

That's a big one! Can you tell me what "glasses" is? I'm too lazy to check the dictionary...
    NO!!!:cry::cry::cry:
    This clever frog who makes wonderful quilts cannot be fed!:cry:
    Farmer_broke be careful not to make this mistake!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.