Tree Fruit Quest

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by woody, Dec 1, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I see a lot of complaints about low tree prices/ nowhere to use tree fruits. What about offering a permanent Farmer Society Quest that uses these items?

Maybe a new M6 Quest with newer Fruits?

Then let the end task be a harvest type, but with ONLY trees allowed... that would allow people to use special tree fruits that they might have won (everything from the strawberry fruit to old "standbys" like peaches).

greenchelonia and shodack78 like this.
  2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

The Farmhouse Orders from Naomi Camel use up a lot of tree fruits and give pretty decent EP/CC payment depending on the value of the products. I think that with both this and a permanent quest, players would end up very low on tree fruits. Although, I guess it is their choice to pay :D I just disagree with the point that there is nowhere to use tree fruits - they are usually what give me the best payment in the Farmhouse Orders.

CaliChrome likes this.
  3. jennifersiegel

jennifersiegel Padavan

Maybe a combination of rare fruits and normal tree fruits.
    Maybe smaller numbers for rare trees (of the cheaper kind like stonepine maybe, then going up) silver, gold, diamond?
    and medium amounts of normal fruit (how about some catalpa?) silver, gold, diamond?
    I got all these trees and would never would consider growing them for the actual price in my market, are fruits expensive in other markets?

Maybe not too high a level tree until further up, even small players want to be able to use some of the special trees they won. And if the normal tree is a too high level tree, they can sell the fruits at least. The dev team has the numbers I guess. They shouldn't ask too much and not give too little. Because really. Everybody can decide if they want to play the event/quest or not. I totally agree.
    -edit: please keep on topic-

Last edited by moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  4. squigglegiggle

I grow trees as much as possible. I always use them to fill up gaps, and once I've restocked my barn with crops I fill up my fields with animals first, then trees, and any extra space goes to plots. The fruits make good money and EP in the Farmhouse Orders, and it's good to have a high stock for events/FSQs that require a specific exchange value of crops.

CaliChrome likes this.
  5. CaliChrome

CaliChrome Forum Baron

Tree fruit are an excellent way to fulfill things like the crop trophy and the Craft building/upgrade quests.

6. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Yes, I actually agree on that point, but you don't need that many trees to sell there. Other than that, I use trees to work on my harvest trophy, like you folks, but it just seems as though it might be an interesting additional quest, filling a bit of a gap.

7. squigglegiggle

I guess it really depends on individual player aims. Some players are fine to sell anything as long as they have enough, whilst others prefer not to fall below a certain limit of any crop, so might need more of each tree to keep a good stock of trees.

8. jennifersiegel

jennifersiegel Padavan

The beauty of quests is that players do not have to be able to fulfill the quest straight away, so it could be somewhat more difficult. There is all the time in the world. And it is something for the players to work on when there is no events running. But again the rewards have to be worth it to play in the first place. To give me an incentive at some point to fulfill it. (I don't think I will ever be interested in cuckoo breeding and would rather just drop that whole thing for a while; it just annoys me already when I read the monthly calendar.) I would appreciate some BB's by the way, I will not have a cinema anymore pretty soon. Hmmm..., unless Farmerama has a big enough community in Thailand. Not that I really mind at all by the way, because I feel already extremely fortunate to be able to live in different countries.

I like quests that give silver, gold and diamond steps. I like getting the stars, because I remember how difficult it was at the beginning as a new player to get stars to open up some valuable runes.
    And maybe the tree of wisdom and the wheel could become more interesting again, then stars would be a nice thing to have...

If there is the thought about actually going ahead with upgrading the tree finally, I would recommend doing that before (depending on how long it actually would need, but I guess adding runes in the way of adding new breeding runes should be fairly easy like making the mill faster). Then people would have hopefully already used some of their stars on the tree and they would appreciate restocking their stars instead of now when it is just more stars with not much to do.

And I am hoping that now the dev team might exchange pixels a little more freely. Because at the end they are just exchanging tree fruit against something else. It's a trade. Then players might not only be more excited about seedlings, etc. and but maybe Turbo Grow, etc... and Happy Tree Day, etc. Btw. I just want to get rid of my rare trees and wish I could exchange 5 stonepine trees for something more useful for me, but with the way the licenses work...

But please don't frustrate me by asking for too much in this possible quest. Not too much stress on the market, not being too blunt. Somewhere between easy going and challenging lies the balance. I wish I could check some of my finished quests for numbers, but the requested amounts don't show anymore. Some of them I remember as frustrating, but I am usually one of these people that just kind of do them at some point just because.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014