Feedback Unity Open Beta Feedback/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

Similarly, I'm not sure what your point is.

Maybe you should simply consider the faint possibility that, since this specific issue had not been addressed elsewhere in no way whatsoever that I know of since Nov24th (when it was probably not the first time it was reported but it's the first mention I've been able to find now in English), seeing that animations won't go off even having them deactivated (like the animations everyone can still see in CRs and not only), it was reasonable to think that it was not just a display glitch but something else. Hence, why bother mods asking about it when animations go still uncontrolled in many features?

So, yes, they probably "felt" there was no need to specially announce there was a way out using PF5 (after its announcement, that you bothered to point out happened last Wednesday) because they knew it was a display glitch and they assumed everyone should have readily known PF5 gave the opportunity of that way out.

But I'm sorry if I'm such a fool that I had to discover it myself instead of asking the mods. (For the third time, I repeat that I think this way out would probably be impractical for those having older computers and/or poor Internet connections, but I have no way to test it). I suppose from now on I should know better and read many threads before I decide to give some feedback here.

The other lesson I learn is that, maybe, then, before reporting it here again, the Feedback thread, it would be advisable that we ask the mods, for instance, about the kick-back to first position whenever you open a crate, place an offer in market, select anything to plant on a field, etc., that was reported for the first time I know of on Oct 8th in this very thread, over 100 days ago. But it's a good guess, I think, it would be a waste of time.

One of the very reasons why it's important to clearly communicate things in a single place regarding all already reported issues is to make the players' experience as smooth as possible in a situation as particularly painful for all of us as the one we are in. Otherwise, frustration wins.

Noelle20001 likes this.
  2. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

The question then is the speed, which is relative to each of us. What you call "too fast" may be normal, usual speed for me. I tried intentionally going slow - at the speed of 4 clicks per second - most of the time it seemed there was no issue, especially when I moved cursor a bit after each click. That speed means 2 secs per stall. That means incrediblyyyyyyyyyyyy sloooooooooooow to me. But anyone who normally works at that speed would hardly notice any difference in performance between Unity and Flash, while for me, being used to fast speed of going through routine actions, Unity is truly unplayable, at least when I consider my usual style of play.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    morris111 and Noelle20001 like this.
  3. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I can't get Unity to work today (on Firefox). I've made several attempts and it loads up to the screen with the sheep and the wheelbarrow, at about 10 % and goes no further.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  4. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

I have not had many issues with Unity, other than it's sluggish nature. However, the Renzo's fair mini-event is completely non-playable. The slow response time makes every game impossible to play. You are going to have to solve this issue or come up with new games. As it stands they are so bad as to be laughable. I played the Balloon Bust and Mach O Meter and scored a zero on both.

5. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Random logoff on one farm x2. I am using Edge. Took forever to log on the second time just to have it get to 100% and logoff. Third logon was okay but I didn't stay on long.

Sue46 likes this.
  6. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

I went to check after reading your posts on Renzo. Played 3 Macho and 2 Moles. The games behave differently then in Flash.
    Macho was "jumping" around - while flash had flowing regular movement without interruption, here the arm stops at the start before next cycle, and from 2nd cycle doesn't reach the end but returns before that. Much more difficult to play.
    Mole seemed to be completely messed up, game never got to speed to generate enough moles to have any decent score even though I hammered all or nearly all of them. So both games exhibit different behavior which is not towards improvement, but making them worse.

EDIT: Played several more games, improved a bit on Macho with different behavior. With Moles I think the issue is active clicking area which was better/larger in flash, similar as in farming. But can't compare with Flash any more. :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Clashstrummer likes this.
  7. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

Starting this afternoon, the game is logging me out approximately every 1/2 hr. Playing in Opera (Unity won't load at all in Firefox).

Noelle20001 and sanddollar15 like this.
  8. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

In Client App...Please fix: Party Wheel does not work the button will not respond~~~Animation in Cloud Row running despite being turned off~~~Freezing up, Only way to refresh in client is to close the thing and restart--get a refresh button made~~~Givers/Consumables and Trees/Stalls box returns to default (begining) after each selection instead of where you left off~~~Previously could gather double the points in Renzo's now relegated to toddler skill~~~Market wasn't broke but you fixed it anyway. As I read above; how about starting a list of things being worked on based on feedback? so we don't have to relay duplicate info.

Noelle20001, Sue46 and Aluntino like this.
  9. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Pro

My general instructions:
    Do not do anything.
    Wait 60 to 90 seconds and the game will start again.

ntuncer4257 likes this.
  10. jolly_roger99

jolly_roger99 Forum Apprentice

I appreciate all of the hard work by the developers - the gameplay is actually improving little by little.

Fuzzles Woolytop giver does not display properly in the park for any of my farms.

Waterskiing Spectacle Magic Stalk Row 2 - says "bonus: 1 EP", it should be "1 golden banana" - not sure if it actually awards the banana or just the 1 EP.

You really have to fix the menus so that they do not revert back to the beginning every time you place an item or open a crate!

Thanks!

Noelle20001, Sue46 and sanddollar15 like this.
  11. ntuncer4257

ntuncer4257 Forum Apprentice

Friends ... Does anyone play without freezing in Unity ... does anyone cultivate harvest ... if there is, tell us too, let's play ...

ç.çiftçi likes this.
  12. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I wonder what it that white pattern above my ID around the Lonely goat, which I always get, when I activate any cloud row by hand.
    [​IMG]
    It appears after I click green tick to active bonus and pop-up disappears.

I've been playing Renzos Balloon game and it looks like some of my clicks don't register at all, nothing happens. And a couple of times, my mouse cursor stops and it jumps to next point.

I also had problems to deposit cracker last night. Nothing happened, but my cracker disapeared when I tried to deposit it. Refreshing did not help at all. This morning the cracker was back in my inventory. In this stage of Birthday event it is not critical, but if it had been last minutes of it, I would have missed a lot. There has been same issue with earlier events with Unity.

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  13. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

I now have Suzy's airplane frozen on my farm. Display glitch and I have no idea how it happened as I hand applied SSG to each of my 2x2 planted cake bushes. It followed me to another field too.

14. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

My second week on Unity browser exclusive. And I don't think I have seen any significant or insignificant improvement in the last 4 or so weeks. Game has unstable performance, sometimes works better, sometimes worse. All the glitches and drags reported before are still there. I tried to figure out if the clicking issues have a pattern, like finding the right spot where it always works, but without success - can't see any pattern yet. From my end it looks like coders are doing nothing, and lack of report about what they do and fixed enforces that feeling. Are we up for "new normal" - glitchy, draggy, sluggish game? Fair to say that I played more then expected as I sort of found "workarounds" so the game "feels" better, but not cause it is better, I just adapted slower play. Whenever I revert to my fast speed action, it's as irritating and nonfunctional as ever. Number of false nonfunctional clicks is too high. Also operations in pop-up windows like mill etc. seem draggy like wading through mud. I checked if it was CPU overload, but it is not. CPU hardly reaches 20 % with other stuff running. Today I tested machinery, that seems to be working ok. So as it is planting crops is the only operation which consistently works as good as in Flash. Everything else is sluggish or glitchy nonstop or at least sometimes. What's worrying for me is that players seemed to get used to lower quality and stopped reporting persistent issues as coders don't get back to us and not much, if anything improves. As said above, is this "new normal"? That would be rubish. Just because the game is somehow playable does not mean the low quality is what we should settle for. Hope somebody starts doing some soon.

.TAINNA., ntuncer4257 and Aluntino like this.
  15. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I have been playing mostly with the client now. It still freezes or closes the game regularly. Restarting the game is less of a problem but I am a little annoyed that if it is running in the background it tends to crash the browser or whatever else I have running simultaneously. I have come to the conclusion that it's best to close the client when not harvesting and not leave it waiting in the background since if it takes long enough it's usually stopped responding anyway.

baw815 and Aluntino like this.
  16. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

Again the game has decided on its own what I am going to plant without me clicking on anything. It planted Artichokes that I had to delete.

I know with the slow running game that there is a delay sometimes when you click on things but that is not what is happening here. It is not planting Artichokes because I clicked on them and then changed my mind and clicked on something else. It is planting the crops even though all I did was open the seed menu. This time it was Artichokes before it was Four Leaf Clover and another time it was Carrots.

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  17. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Unity continues to have slow game responses, frequent freezing prompting multiple refreshes, and visual display glitches that are actually painful for my eyes. It happens in every browser so Unity WebGL is not an option for me at all. If it were not for the Standalone alternative, I would be unable to farm.

The seed menu is still out of bounds, with seed icons unrecognizable, and out of order. They do rearrange themselves, but not before the menu closes prompting me to have to open multiple times. There are times when the menu closes and I click to open it again, that it sews the crop in that position and then opens the menu. Sadly, this means I have a field of crops sewn that are unintentional and have the option to delete them, thereby losing my seeds, or leave it and interrupt my farming plan for the day.
    [​IMG]

There remains a large icon over the event timer that blocks the sign post and several plots behind it. While it doesn't prevent me from clicking on what is behind it, it does impede my view of events in the event timer. It happens in every browser, but is not present in the Standalone (thankfully!)
    [​IMG]

I love the new options in the market. However, using the market is so painfully slow that it is not something I'm willing to do unless necessary. I tried to purchase some tree fruit to make feed and when clicking on the 'buy' button, nothing happens. The game freezes and a refresh has to happen. This occurred three times before I could purchase the fruit. There are some items that are very limited in how many listings there are so it is easily feasible that by the time I can get my market to work, the items will be gone.

Purchasing seeds from the seed shop is also so slow and non responsive that something that would normally take only a few minutes is now riddled with such game lag, refreshing, and multiple attempts that it takes far longer to do than I can devote time to accomplish.

The going back to the beginning of inventory or market when doing multiple tasks is very laborious to get back to where you want to be. Ironically, the scrolling through the items is so fast that it actually hurts my eyes and I find I must use the search button in order to reduce that. That may help with trees and stables, but not Crates. Even using 'crate' in the search bar, you still return to the beginning of the list. There are many crates I'm not willing to open and skip over as they contain farmwheel spins and with the limit of 99 and anything over being lost, I am careful about how many I open at once. Same with the Crates of Manure. So that means scrolling past them numerous times to get to the ones later in the list.

The lack of being able to use the Enter button to confirm actions is another source of frustration. It means there is way too much clicking and the game lag to register the action and its confirmation makes everything take too long. Purchasing from the market, daily seeds in the shop, and the Farm orders...Just too much :(

I know the Game Team is working hard to resolve things and being a tech numpty, I admit that I know nothing about what is involved in fixing game play issues. It does no good to look back and compare everything to Flash even though it is tempting to do so. Under Flash, I had multiple farms open in different browsers and all ran smoothly. Now, just one farm open and it is not as enjoyable. I stay because I love my farm, have played for over 8 years, and it is part of my daily routine. However, all the 'extra' farms now lie fallow. I just cannot do it. But...I choose to look forward to these issues being ironed out as Unity does mean I can still farm, all is not lost, and there is hope that things will improve in the future. I would being absolutely ecstatic if just one of these problems were fixed. All puppy paws crossed it happens soon.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  18. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

Three minutes...at 26% of loading. Have to reload every field - so there's another 3 to 5 minutes. Big Fat NOPE! Something's gone horribly wrong this morning. I'm going to take a break from farming today. Hoping tomorrow is better.

19. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

In response to "Happy Birthday" message. It's nice to read a positive message, but honestly, instead of a bunch of fluffy words about how great we and moderators are, how about giving us some results in form of better game or at least some decent report about what you're doing?

Aluntino and Brookeham like this.
  20. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I do still like this game.....however, it's much more difficult to play.:oops: Unity is working better for me....but I have never refreshed, cleared cookies etc. ever in my life!!! To use buffs and harvest takes 3-5 refreshes at least. :sleepy: Spinning the wheel freezes, which is annoying!
    I have started to play less because it takes so long to get anything done.
    Unfortunately, I have lost some dear and long playing neighbors due to the major changes and slowness of the game. :cry::cry:
    Please, please do something to improve gameplay!!!!!!:music: