Feedback Unity Open Beta Feedback/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Today Farmerama has been very slow, a huge lag in everything.

Randomly I get to pop-ups from same crate I am opening. If I choose green tick in both, game freezes, I must refresh game after that to do anything. I recall I had them in Flash sometimes, but it did not made any problems.

Tinfoilhat Nerd was sure that I have broken my laptop, because fans are huffing and puffing so loud as it always do, when I go seed shop, market, customer list or sometimes just parks or field, where is a lot of different animals or open my crates. So my laptop was checked and some adjustments were made, that it won't huff and puff so easily, but Farmerama still makes it huff and puff. But my laptop is not broken :)

sanddollar15 and baw815 like this.
  2. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

The stand alone client is much better I hardly have problems in the game now.

3. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Today was the 7th day in a row that I got through my opening harvest which would be 11 fields plus the cloud rows where I did not have to reboot halfway through. So while it's still sluggish gameplay things are improving.

Brookeham, baw815 and Cassie101 like this.
  4. baw815

baw815 Forum General

Except for the day after Renzo's, I have been only having to refresh periodically. I don't seem to have the problems most are having, but the opening crates or buying in market it going back to first page after an action, like opening a crate or buying something is vastly annoying. I do have the occasional visual glitches. Either refreshing the browser or F5 usually works, except for the spinning daisies. I have to log out, clean my cookies and cache and log back in. Sometimes, the spinning daisy reappears for something different that displayed fine just before I logged out.

I use Firefox, Opera and Opera Gx. Chrome is the most glitchy, but I have it, just in case.

Good job on the continual fixes to make the game smoother :D, or there are some that may leave. :cry:

Brookeham likes this.
  5. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

After two and a half weeks on Unity I am getting fed up of the sluggish glitchy game. Don't have patience to take painstakingly slow and careful click-fest, and my usual fast routines from flash simply don't work here. I'm still logging in daily, but today I've done hardly half of the work. Simply nuisance this game is.

Think it's too late already. Some have left. With regard to continual fixes, I think not everybody can confirm there are any fixes at all. :)

ntuncer4257 and surgeon55 like this.
  6. jnnythct

jnnythct Junior Expert

On stand alone client:
    Never-ending spinning daisies when trying to use the harvester on many occasions today - occuring both when staying online waiting for a harvest and when freshly logging in. What should have been quick harvests and seeding using the harvester has turned into frustrating waits for the harvester to work - and then waiting for the game to re-start! I really do now detest those daisies.

Will this game ever be really playable again? We are told that fixes have been put in place for glitches - and then new
    glitches seem to appear overnight.

ntuncer4257 and baw815 like this.
  7. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

It's travelers. They go from place to place. One day they are with me, next day with you. That's why coders can never catch them and hardly anything is really improving. :)

8. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Glad some have better game play - but I do not!:( Could not get seeds with the client so went back to regular screen - and still have to reboot repeatedly to get through harvest, planting and gifting either way.

Next Day Glitches - Today I went to harvest crystal falls and found the seeds it planted last night have disappeared. A bare, empty field!

Then a strange magic happened when I tried to use the seeder to plant the main field. I clicked on the seeder field icon and then the side arrow to show more seeds to select. Instead of showing me the next page of seeds, the seeder just planted carrots. Haven't planted any in ages cause I have over 10k of them.

When will it end?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    sanddollar15, Cassie101 and surgeon55 like this.
  9. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Busy days are coming for me so I reverted back to fast playing, well, attempted to. Guess what, the game is as horrible as it was before. You can't get through the fields quickly, you have to adopt this slow careful thoughtful click-manner to get the job done. As many reported, takes twice to three times as long to get through the farms. Occasionally someone still bursts out on forums with frustration, but in general it seems most are happy with that. Have we settled for much lower standard of the game and support (cause the support level went down also)? Although the sluggishness of the game was criticized numerous times in the past, dev team seems to ignore this issue. From what is happening I have no reason to believe they are addressing it. Well, for next two weeks, due to busy schedule, my presence in the game will be minimal. Log in, click a few, keep track of forums ... if I can. Really, where is this game going? Seems that not just players, but developers and moderators settled for lower standard also. Is that it? Or is it cause we are in beta version? I want to play, but can't do it fast, so the game is more of a nuisance then fun now.

10. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

There is an occasional visual lag issue with the barn... eg. when opening the decorations it sometimes shows the pictures of consumables that would be in their place in the window. Eg. the text says Basset hound but the picture is a tiki timer. Or some other wrong pictures in some other wrong place. Usually it updates itself after a couple of seconds, but I have ended up accidentally clicking on the wrong thing occasionally if I'm too quick with the mouse finger.

The same with the seed window sometimes. It shows some seeds sorted according to some rule but then it changes the order and if you click too fast when it is still updating you may end up noticing that your fields are full of the wrong seed.

RowSie and baw815 like this.
  11. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

2-4-21 yesterday on all my fields and Park, Haunted mansion ect. I have in the left hand corner just under the Map sign a glowing white circle about the size of a US dime! I don't know why it is there or even if it should be!
    I am on a PC with windows 10 and using "Microsoft Edge Browser" I can't use Firefox anymore for some reason it just stays on 100% and never lets you into the farm and Google Chrome runs awful!
    Other issues that are still on the game is, weather you are making feed in the mill, or opening your crates, it always goes back to the 1st page or to the beginning! It is a waste of time and very frustrating if you also are dealing with the game freezing for 90seconds and then comes back! Granted I don't have to log out but you just sit there waiting to play the game!! So this is my feed back
    I am sanddollar15 and my ID# is 52929410
    Thanks and I hope maybe soon at least 1 of these issues will be fixed!
    Oh yes and to answer an IGM is a complete nightmare!!

12. baw815

baw815 Forum General

I have the same thing sanddollar15, regarding the glowing white under the clock.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  13. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Windows 10 PC on client

Same issues as sanddollar has reported with the following:
    1. the glowing round object in the city and artisan village
    2. firefox staying at 100% forever and not opening to the farm

Currently using the client because other browsers are either not working at all or are riddled with problems.

On the bright side - client is actually functioning well today - except for the annoying problem sanddollar reported of the mill and inventory list always going back to the beginning. First time in weeks I have not had to restart the game every few minutes to change fields, plant, etc. Hope this happy situation continues!

sanddollar15 likes this.
  14. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

I am also experiencing the same problems as sanddollar15 and Willow re: glowing object and firefox not loading. Still having success playing in Opera. The biggest problem is that I do everything but the game in Firefox and toggle between the two browsers. When I spend any amount of time in Firefox, the game stops being playable in Opera (either freeze or white screen) and it has to be reloaded. Other than that, it plays well.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  15. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Unity is impossibly slow today. I literally can't do anything.

16. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Same as everyone else, when in the City, the graphic for the timer clock is missing, just leaving the pulsating background glow. Also appears incorrectly on the main farm map.

Incredibly slow for the last 24 hours, functions stall, wrong crop/decoration selections etc, market not loading properly, repeated need to refresh. I find this seems to happen when you are pushing a lot of different sales, rather than the days where this is just one or 2. Probably a coincidence

17. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

My game just decided to plant Orange Dahlia all by itself. It has done it 3 times before since we started with Unity. The normal response is that it has to do with the delay in the game so slow down your actions, refresh, reboot, clear cache, etc. It does similar things with trees, pens and EPs -- it doesn't matter which one you click on it sometimes decides to give you a different one.

Today when it planted the Orange Dahlia all by itself I had just finished harvesting the field and had not even opened the seed menu -- this has nothing to do with a game delay (clicking multiple items when not getting a response.

This needs to be fixed -- some people have used SG that they paid for in order to get those crops in inventory to use for quests, events, etc. and when they are in the middle of an event or quest they end up deleting them so that they can continue.

I know it is not BPs fault that Flash is gone but more progress needs to be made. I don't need another event or quest; I don't need another animal or tree -- take the rest of February off from developing new features of the game and work on fixing the problems with Unity.

The other things I find most annoying with the game at this time is that when I click on the EP amount option they are in ascending order and if I arrow over to the end I have to sort through all the ones that I can't place on my field before I get to the ones that I can. This happened before but this time they are actually not in any point order at all.

Aluntino likes this.
  18. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

The only real improvement in Unity is now removed. I loved those 9999+ numbers in customers list, now they are back in dull 999+, which gives no real info about my storage. Please find a way to show them.

There is still a white circle in town, which is under event timer, if it is opened. And that circle follows to other areas. It disappears after refreshing the page in those other areas.

I find market history useless. I do not need a place, which shows, what I just purchased. I cannot see them later.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    RebaFC likes this.
  19. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Things have been running better for me overall although I do have some of the similar issues that others are experiencing. The glowing white ball is the event timer. It appears on my fields when I close the sidebar and it always appears when I visit downtown. I still have sluggish overall performance when harvesting/planting and so forth.

It does take a while for things to load and that does cause some issues. For example when using the seeder if it loads slowly then it will also often hang on to either carrots or lettuce instead of loading the plant I want. I just have to be careful to slow down and make sure the plant I want is in the display window before I hit the plant button.

The constant returning to the first screen when you do anything in-game is annoying and does need to be fixed. In the meantime, I have made good use of the search function as a workaround. For example, if I want to place chicken stables I will type chicken into the search window. This will bring up the stables and their upgrades only and will return to the same screen until I either change or delete the search box. This works for pretty much everything.

I have not had the game freeze on me and have to reboot in some time now so that is certainly an improvement.

Valentine's Day event issues.
    Entering the game board area causes my computer to freeze. This is using a MAC with Firefox as the browser. I have to physically turn my computer off and then back on to reboot it. I can access the game area using Chrome as a browser and although the graphics on the main screen are not right, they kind of look like misplaced blocks, I am able to play this way. This is not the first event that has caused this exact same problem. The breeding event in Jan used identical graphics for the opening page. It seems to be just the opening screen with the 3 characters on it that is the problem.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    baw815 and sanddollar15 like this.
  20. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

Unity and the endless "page refreshes" ... xDxDxDxD
    And the landscapes that emerge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Despite all my criticisms, it sure gets better as time goes on.It makes me feel in 2011. Nostalgia :p )

RowSie and baw815 like this.