Feedback Unity Open Beta Feedback/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. annchar

annchar Forum Greenhorn

I have been trying Unity off and on since that option first showed up -- when I run into a problem -- and I ALWAYS do -- then I go back to Flash for a few days. I've been using Crome on an HP laptop running Win10.
    Problems so far: 1. the bear is wrong; it isn't 30 seconds -- this morning it was 3 minutes; a couple days ago I gave up after about 10 minutes waiting for the Unity game to load, then found none of the buttons responded, so had to close the window and start over.
    2. trees that are near the top cannot be harvested because the box that tells what they are sits on top of them and doesn't move out of the way; I tried clicking on top of the box anyway (usually works when a box is in the way in Flash) but it doesn't take the click, so I have to switch back to Flash to harvest those trees.
    3. (didn't check this one out today, so may have been fixed?) when I locate the animal feed I want to make in the mill, say on the 7th page, and set one up, then the next time I open the list it throws me back to the first page (of about 11) of the list. Not fatal, but annoying!
    4. Can't get into the forum from Unity (or from the screen that asks me to choose Unity or Flash); whenever I pick Forum from there, it tells me I have to login first, which I did already -- when I choose Flash and it finishes loading, then I can pick Forum and actually get in here.
    Thanks for your hard work and your lovely game!! :)

ntuncer4257 likes this.
  2. pepsishot

pepsishot Forum Expert

I don't have time to read everyone's comments so my issues may have already been stated.

- My visual on my plants never change. I am forced to hover over them to see how far along or finished they are.
    - Moonlight playing fields would not harvest at all. I was forced to switch back to Flash to progress in my game for any of that.
    - Crates take a long time to open.
    - I was being forced to refresh the game many times to finish harvesting because would freeze up repeatedly.
    - Some of my animals would not harvest in unity either.
    - Also could not log into the forum as an active player. Kept telling me to login into the game which I already had.

After a day I gave up using Unity until after I had accomplished what I needed during timed things like my 10 minute pets and only used Unity to move around and see what I thought of the new features like the market. Thumbs up there.

Banjoman likes this.
  3. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

As much as I appreciate the massive undertaking it has been, and still is, to get Unity up and running, I feel I cannot use it for any length of time. I don't know if it is the glow around just about everything or what, but the focus seems generally off in the fields. Everything is slightly blurrier than the Flash version. It was just horrible to look at and often did my head in. It just seems to be the fields, especially the recent event crop in MM. Renzo's was fine, the background static image outside the frame was fine. I couldn't farm in there for anything other than 5 mins at a time.
    (viewing scale 100%)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  4. lilminx

lilminx Forum Greenhorn

I would like to say that during the Unity Beta I loved it! When I first tried it I noticed that my farm was way more cuter than with Flash and I am looking forward to using it on a daily basis.

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Was going to report this as a bug, but it really isn't a bug...except it bugs me.

I really dislike the way gifting works in Unity. It's clunky. It's slow, it wants to send pheromones to everyone. The list includes "dead" neighbors that are no longer neighbors and I can't sort the list any way that's meaningful and gets rid of the non-playing neighbors. This list shows up everywhere - in the barn, in the artisan cottages and via the little blue gift box at the right side pull out (PS - that thing takes several clicks to get it to go away and stay away).

Please please please fix the list so we can just have active neighbors visible!

swCactus1 likes this.
  6. fiddlerviolin1

fiddlerviolin1 Forum Apprentice

I haven't been able to play on Unity since the day of the technical trial day. The whole screen loads just fine. Except the game itself in the picture frame is not there. It is just the background scenery.

I guess I should say that I am running Chrome OS on a macbook.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  7. Oops-a-Daisy

Oops-a-Daisy Someday Author

i have been able to use Unity all day so for me there has been a lot of improvement! It still needs some more work done but i will not have to take early retirement like i thought i would have to!

sanddollar15 and dumbunny like this.
  8. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Although I want to stick with the lovely Flash for as long as possible, realistically I want to have a good handle on Unity before it becomes my only option. Hence, I did my full harvest this morning on Unity. My observations:

The good:
    • It was actually functional. I was able to get through my whole harvest, including farmwheel, crates and donations, in a time that wasn't obnoxiously long
    • I was able to click through relatively fast - not as fast as with Flash, but (as with the above point), it wasn't impossible to work at pace.
    • Loading time wasn't too bad
    • Mostly clear display
    The bad:
    • Several items still appear as thought they have not matured even though they are ready for harvest. This includes several trees, as well as some givers and animal stables
    • Several trees and givers took on a very unappealing glow after being harvested, which did not go away
    • Animations continue to freeze - eg. flying animals in the Pet Playground
    • Some items are quite blurry - and yes, I was wearing my glasses!
    • I still don't like how pointy the EP bar is. Also not a fan of the big cursor hand, and the overall appearance of the game is quite cartoonish and fake - not a fan. I like the look of the current game.
    Overall, I think this is definitely functional enough to transition away from Flash, but on the proviso that this is not the final product. I sincerely hope they continue to tweak with and fix the common complaints - eg. appearance - because if this is the finished product I'm quite disappointed. Still, kudos to the devs for getting it to this point - quite an achievement to develop a whole new platform thing (I'll be honest, I don't really know what it is per se), and it has come along quite well since the initial beta test

swCactus1, Cassie101 and dumbunny like this.
  9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I'm already tired of the extra-special sparkly XXL trees. If getting rid of the sparkles would make things run faster, I'm all for it.

And I was going to edit my post about the gifting issues, but instead will add this - the search function doesn't work! I've tried putting in a neighbor's EXACT name (including capital letters where they have them) and nothing shows up. So even that doesn't alleviate my frustration in trying to sift through neighbors/dead neighbors to get gifts to the right people.

Also, there's something weird with the 'clicking'. As in I feel like I didn't click a particular crop, but that's what got plunked down on one of my fields. I'm pretty sure it wasn't ESP. I think it actually has something to do with what I want to call "wandering cursor syndrome". I think the cursor is where I want it to be and I click and it turns out the cursor has shifted an inch or so up and to the right or left or down, etc. and I actually clicked something completely different (this could also be why the game thinks I want to gift pheromones to everyone).

So keep on working to get the kinks out... it's real purdy. it's better than it was. but, it's slow and it's got a mind of it's own.

swCactus1 and Cassie101 like this.
  10. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

There is some progress, I saw my crops looking ready for the very first time! Earlier they always looked like they were just seeded.

The flickering sparkle of the trees is very annoying. One thing I miss from flash is my quick opening of crates. I cannot just click quickly in middle of the bottom row in storage. I am not sure it is just because of delay or is the mouse cursor adjustment, it feels like it is off. When I move to another area, my search of crate remains there ( a good feature!), but for some reason tab is changed, it is Decorations tab instead of Consumable item tab.

11. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I am glad some of you are having a 'good' game.
    The game is so slow to load, I then go through each field in turn and load them but when I try and go back into harvest it still takes ages. I have 20 crows which only last for 5 minutes but it takes at least 10 to 15 minutes to harvest everything, longer if I stop to replant. I also keep getting a 'page is unresponsive' message, I click on 'wait' and sometimes the game starts up again. I have tried shrinking the game down to the bottom bar between harvests but it still need reloading again so may as well shut it down completely as I always have.
    Whilst I was typing this I got the 'page unresponsive' message again!
    Next time I will try a different internet provider - Hubby's is quicker than mine!

farmlily3, Cassie101 and dumbunny like this.
  12. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I harvested in Unity this morning and the seed menu is still very wonky :(
    [​IMG]

It happens on every field, including Baha. The icons outside of the seed menu do eventually disappear but if I wait for them to 'fix' themselves, the seed menu closes too. When I open it again, it all starts over.

Loading times have improved. It is playable but not completely enjoyable as it is in Flash. Still a lot of visual issues that make my eyes uncomfortable.

13. gman5

gman5 Forum Greenhorn

In Unity, inventory defaults to "all" beginning with A-Z after each selection.
    In Flash,screen returns to last item selected or used.
    This is very time consuming when placing several stables/workshops, or opening multiple crates.

14. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Now checking every day at least a bit in Unity.
    • Planting menu improved a bit. That horrible eye-hurting glow around seeds now turned into light green, which is not that aggressive. Still - it does not need to be there at all. Doesn't make things better, rather worse. Can you keep it simple, as it was in flash?
    • There seems to be problem at the bottom of farms with "active" click area. When harvesting and planting the frame still responds as if I was clicking on the frame trying to highlight the ID number. And trees remaining highlighted after harvest only happen at the bottom of screen, so I guess these two are somehow related.
    • My animation finally stopped .......... phew ............ but it did not remove trees glow (noticed that not all types of trees have this sparkling). That is horrible feature. Can you just get rid of it? That's the one thing I find near offensive. As if devs trying to add glow and spark everywhere possible and impossible. At least make all this sparkling (including that fake sunshine on main page) disappear with animation switched off.
    Overall things are getting better, but still a lot to improve. I have not mentioned all issues, just some of the most irritating.

I think I'll need to take screenshots of fields in flash so that I can better describe what is wrong with Unity if these graphic issues persist after flash version is disabled. Not always easy to realize what is actually wrong. Comparison helps.

farmlily3 and Cassie101 like this.
  15. RowSie

RowSie Regular

I do not like that glow effect either. All I see is a smudge. 8)

16. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I thought it would be easier to design things that don't move.

17. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Unfortunately, despite my positive comments yesterday, this morning was such a disaster that I lasted no more than 5 minutes. So laggy, glitchy and buggy that I could barely harvest a few cloud rows, let alone trees or crops. I gave up after 5 minutes because it simply wasn't functioning. Makes no sense, given that it's supposed to get faster with each log in, not slower.

ntuncer4257, farmlily3 and Cassie101 like this.
  18. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

It's been terribly slow in Unity today. I've had to switch my baby farms back to flash just to save some time.
    I want to like Unity. I want to play in Unity...but alas! It's just not for farming in a hurry.

This evening's gripe: selling manure at the market. Because this farm is my 'teenager' farm, it only has 500 manure capacity. So when I go to sell manure at the market, it automatically halves my 100 units to 50 units. I don't want to sell 50 units. I want to sell 100 units. I should be able to select that many units and it should stay at that many units. Now I've got lots of 50 units listed and because the price is over 5000CCs a pop, I don't want to delete them and waste the listing fee. So they are lots of 50. That's all Unity-Farmerama wants teenager farms to list at one time.

swCactus1, farmlily3 and Cassie101 like this.
  19. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Somethings have improved but still a lot of work needs to be done.
    Please get rid of the 'sparkly' trees.
    Game very slow this morning, I've had to refresh 4 times already.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ntuncer4257 and farmlily3 like this.
  20. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am using Unity with this farm all the time and I do find it has improved. That is to say, I have not yet come across anything that stops me from playing the game with Unity. Lots of niggles need to be sorted to make it as pleasurable as with Flash. I am using Flash for my baby farms, mainly cos I haven't got time to do them with Unity and they don't really do much except send gifts (see below), but also so that I can see the differences.

1) Speed ... hoping this will eventually improve.
    2) Drop down menus (such as top right - going to Forum tab) do not automatically go back without an extra click.
    3) Pop up menus (showing drops, etc) stop any action behind them until they have dropped down again.
    4) Defaults seem to be the opposite to Flash:
    The Cloud Row always defaults back to all Cloud Rows (I prefer it to default to my favourites)
    The Harvester stays on what I used last (not bothered about this, it's just different)
    Decorations/Consumables always revert to Decorations.
    Consumables always go back to start of section after I have activated something (Crates in particular but I got round this as said earlier by putting "Crates" in search facility).
    5) Farm Wheel refused to turn, no arrow to click on.*
    6) Greenhouse wouldn't show.*
    7)Some tabs don't always work:
    I looked at Farmhouse Quests and then a moment later it was greyed out (more than once)*
    I used the double down arrow scroll on my neighbour list but then was unable to go back up*

* All sorted with a refresh - but time consuming.

The most annoying aspect revolves around sending gifts to my neighbours but some neighbours don't show, even if you type in their names in the search facility. I get round this by searching for those I can then using the neighbour tabs to the right. Again, time consuming.**

** It is not possible to send anything from my Pantry to someone who cannot be found by searching.

I feel much more confident that things are improving and will improve further. I appreciate all the devs are doing to make our game as enjoyable as possible when Flash finally finishes. Thank you to all concerned. ;)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    RowSie, Cassie101 and PrairieMaiden23 like this.