Feedback Unity Open Beta Feedback/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Jayded

Jayded Forum Apprentice

My mind must have blocked out the "Unity" button, as I didn't notice it there yesterday.

While it is slow, and hurts the eyes, I was actually able to harvest and plant crops on 1x1 plots using unity. I was not able to harvest or plant crops in the past, and I have no idea if I will be able to plant & harvest during peak hours, however I was so happy that I could actually do something without crashing I had to share. It's a step in the right direction!!

2. LadyViki

LadyViki Someday Author

Hello today I had a really hard time with Unity when I wanted to go to Magical Glad because the page will not open and yesterday when I went to the park one of the decoration was not there ( it was not showing that decoration) and Unity is still a little bit slow. :)

ntuncer4257, Erridge and sanddollar15 like this.
  3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Hi I don't know if anyone else is having this problem BUT when I am using "Unity" I keep getting a "yellow drop down" at the top that says" A web page is slowing down your browser. What do you want to do? Stop or wait? I am using "Firefox and windows10" and have nothing else running but the game on my pc! It is annoying to say the least and it temporarily freezes the game till I hit the "stop"
    button!

ntuncer4257, Erridge and Willow like this.
  4. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I get that occasionally, but not so often as towards the end of beta-testing.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  5. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I have the same experience that Illy describes above. In addition, there is no way to edit in a IGM, and if your message is longer than the length of the box, you cannot see what you are typing. All of these things, with the exception of the neighbor gifting issue, are minor and can be dealt with, but they definitely impact ease of game play, which will keep me from performing certain activities when in a hurry. I, too, would like to express appreciation for all who have worked so hard on this transition. I have been playing nearly ten years and there have been a lot of changes during that time, and I am confident that all of the kinks will be worked out. Since I play about fifty percent of the time on my mobile devices, I am more concerned with that and look forward to seeing the answers that will be provided.

6. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

On Firefox/Windows 10. I am getting the same yellow drop down on a web page slowing the browser.
    Also, today all fields looking just planted even though ready to harvest. Animal pens on Rainforest do show ready to harvest. Wasn't a problem yesterday.

ç.çiftçi and sanddollar15 like this.
  7. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

The first thing I did on Unity today was to go and visit the cloud rows and it crashed and burned straight away. It looked like I have no cloud rows , just some empty slots for deco items and some loading flowers- After waiting for several minutes I attempted to get out of the cloud rows but nothing worked anymore.

On Flash I had 311 cloudrows ready to harvest.

It's not looking great so far.

But on the bright side, if Unity is this bad I may actually get rid of my Farmerama addiction. (Why does an otherwise functional adult feed fictional animals for ten years anyway?)

ozneme, kirsi4, oj66 and 7 others like this.
  8. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

• There seems to be some new functionality added. Noticed on Tips when game loading. One was about easier repeated placement of items (hold a key), another about rotating items. Well done for that, if it works - haven't tried yet.
    • Still bloody slow loading. Is the graphic data actually bigger also? Cause loading slow even after engine and everything has been loaded already.
    • Cloud rows decos animated, although anim switched off.
    • Trees stopped sparkling. Phew .............
    • Sending gifts - massively laggy.
    • Other previously mentioned bugs still persist, most annoying:
      • Ripe trees show not ripe
      • Active click area messed up. Clicking in the middle of the field and it clicks on the frame where the ID is.
    Still doing most of my farming in Flash. Unity not good enough.

9. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

A-Z order is different in Flash and in Unity o_O
    In Flash I have Anthill III: red in first slot of inventory and Anthill under it. In Unity I have Anthill in that first slot and Anthill III: red under it. At least they are next to each other, not like Shearing shed and its upgrades, which have Shearing shed (Rabbit) and its upgrades between them. I love to have base last and best upgrade just before it, and next best before that etc. It makes playing easier.

10. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Couldn't even get in to Unity this morning. Spent 8 minutes waiting as it claimed to be 100% loaded but the farm never actually opened. Switched back to Flash to use up the last 5 minutes remaining on my 200% EP buff. Should have had a nice 16 minutes to get everything harvested with the bonus. Instead Flash loaded to 55% and wouldn't open, hence my switch to Unity, which wasted another 5 minutes. I couldn't even get all my deco items harvested in the time I had left on the buff.

11. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Since my previous feedback, a couple of things have regressed. Since the sparkle was taken out of the trees (a positive improvement!) trees and crops do not show they are ready to harvest. Either I miss that they are ready or I just have to go round and harvest all fields. -.-
    I do have harvester functions (coupons) but I would not be happy if I had to manually check every field. 8)

I am continuing to use Unity on this farm and I have found only one thing that I would need to revert back to Flash for: giving friends a Pantry item. :music:

spotsbox, dumbunny and farmlily3 like this.
  12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Yes, pantry items are difficult to gift - I do it from the crafting houses - that's easier than doing it from the barn, at least a little bit, anyway.

And yes, the sparkles are gone, but so is the complete crops. So somehow they are hitched together in the code.

I miss the link in the pop-up window when we are out of manure that took us directly to the market from the field and put us back in the field after we bought manure. Not a deal-breaker, just a nice perk.

And, I often have to reboot when going to the market. As in, I go to the market, I click on something and nothing happens - the game locks up and I have to close my browser window. Sometimes it persists and I have to reboot my computer to get the market functional. Probably should mention this stuff on the bug report thread...

Sue46 and spotsbox like this.
  13. nlm24

nlm24 Forum Pro

When deleting EP Givers that have used up all of their charges you have to do them one at a time with Unity. Normally you click the red basket and then the delete icon and then click each EP -- with Unity you click the red basket, click the delete icon and then click the EP -- you have to click all 3 buttons for each EP.

My crops are still showing as if they were just planted even though they are ready to harvest.

It is also still taking too much time to load.

swCactus1 and spotsbox like this.
  14. Meggan2010

Meggan2010 Junior Expert

I have tried Unity over the last few months and keep going back to flash for many of the reasons already mentioned above.
    I realise eventually I will have no option but to stay on Unity come the end of this month but I am not enjoying it. It is slow and more time consuming, gifting being just one of the problems. It takes longer to load - I have several farms, I have played for more than 10 years but am wondering for how much longer.
    I think events should last longer/be extended once we get to having no choice but to use Unity as it will take us all longer to get through an event at the rate it is going now (using unity).
    I am also worried about my neighbours (who have become friends) that do not all have up to date modern computers, they will just not be able to play.
    I am sad to say that if I loose my game long friends and neighbours I may just loose interest in the game altogether.

15. ..Jethro..

..Jethro.. Forum Apprentice

Well done, since the maintenance work, my farm is so much better, flying along. Should be even better once played more also.. Thankyou i thought i might have to finish with flash cappers but i now look forward to many more years... Merry christmas to all...

sanddollar15 likes this.
  16. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

After 26 minutes and I cannot even get to the main field, I got MM givers instead. This is screwed up. I cannot wait around for this anymore, loading and loading and loading. where's the contact so I can resign from this game, I no longer have the patience for unity to work. Real life, stress from the holidays, Family sick, I give up, It's not a game anymore.

ntuncer4257 and Meggan2010 like this.
  17. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

I logged in several hours ago and was able to harvest and replant.

I then tried to play the minigame and the stand alone crashed out on me. I have not been able to get the standalone to work since.

I decided to see if I could get the flash to work on Edge, opera, and chrome. All come up with letting me log in, then tells me to download the client. The button where you can switch to unity always is a button to download.

I have been trying the last 3 hours on different browsers and trying to reinstall the stand alone client and can't get anything to work.

This is getting very frustrating and not a fun game anymore

18. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I'm playing on Edge in the Unity version. The main farm playfields load up and work, even if they take a bit of time to load. But I can't get to the Baha islands at all. It counts up to 100% but stays on the first screen that shows all the islands. No matter which one I click on, I get the same result. I tried going back to the main fields to test giving, and now they won't load either.

I'm going back to Flash. I can't take this aggravation.

P.S. Unity shows the regular fields on the main screens. Flash shows me the winter versions.

ç.çiftçi likes this.
  19. alibabakırkharamiler

alibabakırkharamiler Active Author

ı use unity version ıts so slow and frozen ı cant harvest quickly

ntuncer4257 and ç.çiftçi like this.
  20. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Thank you for a couple of new features: I love those ready signs in empty givers :inlove: I first wondered why they are still there after harvesting, before I realized they are ready to be removed. I also love extra digit in buyers offers, 9,999 is much better than the old 999. There could be one or two more digits and you can add in the end of your to-do-list formatting of those offers.

I had problems to open my crates. After a couple of them game froze and I had to refresh the game, it froze again after a couple of crates and I had to refresh again, and again...

I was able to harvest that one problematic spot in the far end of field by changing additional settings, but it should work in both Show info box on mouse cursor on and off settings, so there is something to add in the end of to-do-list also.