Feedback Unity Open Beta Feedback/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. mfing_farmerama

mfing_farmerama Forum Apprentice

Takes market forever to load. Sometimes I just give up and leave. Glad you have transitioned away from Flash, and Unity is coming along, but it is not there yet by any means. If lag doesn't improve by Christmas, I'll probably leave for a while and find something else to play that isn't so time consuming. I'd give my player ID, but it isn't displayed on download/app version.

ozneme likes this.
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Usually Wonder Stables and Trees are located on the first page (when using A - Z) but I found the Mosaic stables on the last page this time round. o_O
    This is not a big issue but at first I thought I hadn't received them. :music:

Sue46 and elimeno like this.
  3. alibabakırkharamiler

alibabakırkharamiler Active Author

ı have begun to hate the game ı have played more than ten years in lovely. but now ı only do one thing then ıt is frozen ı see the flowers too long time after refresh samething is happened. again again again...all the players want flash version. why you didn't develop unity before giving up on flash>:( who will account for our years>:(

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  4. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

The game keeps freezing on me. It usually lets me harvest a couple of fields okay (even if rather slowly) and then the next ones are spinning flowers but can be harvested on the harvester, and then on Bahamarama the map tends to freeze. I click on various fields and it looks like it load but after it's finished loading I'm back on the map and not on the field I was wanting to go. This usually resolves if I log out and log in again and go straight to the unharvested fields. Everything takes much longer and I've been skipping on harvesting pets and avoiding short term plants just because it's such a bother now.

I have decided not to buy anything else in the game until the problems are solved because what's the point if it ends up unplayable. I've got harvester coupons for a couple or months or so.

ntuncer4257, elimeno and mirsi54 like this.
  5. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Two decks were missing several hours. I tried to play game, but it gave me just Something went wrong-popups and I lost the decks. I am not the only one, I read several similar experiences.

Now it was diffucult to get in game. I got just white page. After several attemps and browsers I finally managed to get in.

elimeno and mirsi54 like this.
  6. .FarmerArchie.

.FarmerArchie. Active Author

unity doesnt work unless you have windows, i use an ipad so it wont load/download so I will be stopping playing after about ten years which is such a shame. i'm using a friends laptop to write this message. Just how is this a good idea? bye

7. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Unity worked great yesterday. This morning? Not so much. Had to switch to Flash to harvest as it was just too buggy and glitchy.

The problem is, Unity is perfectly fine sometimes, and other times totally unusable. There's just no consistency. I can't say I hate it because when it works, it's great! But come back the next day and it's completely dysfunctional. It just makes no sense. We need consistency. I feel confident that Unity can work if it performs the way it did yesterday. But I also feel really worried that we'll have days like today, where it just can't be used - and we're running out of time to have the option of Flash when those days come along.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    ntuncer4257, ozneme, elimeno and 3 others like this.
  8. ntuncer4257

ntuncer4257 Forum Apprentice

Good afternoon .... Username ... ntuncer4257
    ID. 3727314
    I have not been using Farmeram for a long time..I was using Flash..Then you said to use ISTMY..It doesn't work on fields..I can't do anything..my pc desktop computer ... but I installed UNITY it doesn't work ... I would appreciate it ... Good work

ozneme, ç.çiftçi and elimeno like this.
  9. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

I am late to this board...awful...just awful. I am constantly refreshing, its constantly loading, so slow...Once flash is gone this is going to be torture to play.

Side note: I find it so offensive that Farmerama is actually trying to sell us products when the game isnt even working!!!

10. minnoş62

minnoş62 Forum Apprentice

I still cannot sow my fields, neither manually nor with a combine harvester. I can't reach the market for the news, I hope the taste will improve before it runs out. :(

ntuncer4257 and ç.çiftçi like this.
  11. strikoroba

strikoroba Active Author

The pets still fly around with all animations turned off. It is very hard to manually harvest pet field with pets flying around.
    Also harvest animations interfere with harvesting itself, however on the pet field the pet bonuses do not take on immediately - there is about 10 seconds lag between when you manually harvest a pet and its bonus takes effect, and it is very had without harvest animations to judge when the bonus took and you can collect the next item so not to loose extra EP.
    In Flash harvest animations did not interfere with harvesting and pets did not fly around with them on and everything else off.
    When this will be fixed?
    In general manual harvest in Unitiy is slow and frustrating, the clicks don't land where they are supposed to on the first try. I used to be able to manually harvest a field of 1x1 and manually re-seed it with water in 3 minutes. Not anymore.

12. jäniksenpelätti

Today I had to reboot my laptop after the game froze because it froze everything else with it as well. Now I started loading the game at 18 minutes past and it's still not loaded and it's 37 minutes past.

This is not going to work for me. It's looking good for a Farmerama free 2021.What else could I get done for all that time...

I don't bother with pets anymore since the effect is over anyway by the time I get around to loading anything harvestable.

JP edit: It's now been half an hour and still not loaded.
    I switched to the client but it didn't work either. I updated it and then it started working and yay, there's now an option to remember my username.
    Thanks!

The while-waiting text made me want to close it off straight away, it said something like, "A boar passes by and smirks, 30 seconds feels like an eternity, doesn't it?" 30 seconds? Honestly?

There was one square I was not able to harvest by hand because clicking on it starts an infosquare about what it is.

JP edit II:
    I spoke too soon. The client has a remember-my-credentials button but that in no way means that it would remember them when I got back.

Also the map is screwed up. It opens up different fields than the ones I clicked at.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    ntuncer4257 and Sue46 like this.
  13. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Gifting to friends/neighbors is still a nightmare. What takes a couple minutes in Flash, takes 10-15 in Unity if I'm lucky. (Using Edge/Windows 10 and a gaming laptop.)

swCactus1, rivak and ntuncer4257 like this.
  14. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Unity started to work after I cleared the cookies and 2GB of site data:eek: in Firefox. Before that I was unable to play with Unity. It just loaded and loaded and loaded. Had blank newspaper page and 100% loaded info under that. Also all crests were without pictures. I couldn't do anything. Now it works normally - not good, but it is playable.

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  15. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

Unity has been working well for me the past couple of days - oh, it hiccups and shudders from time to time, but is totally playable. I'm back in Firefox browser full time now and can plant again without problems other than having to double or triple click to get the action to "take" - not all the time, but often enough. On occasion, I'll click a function and something other than my choice happens: ex. harvesting stalk rows - clicked on progression rows, proper icon showed but ended up harvesting all rows - yes, I was careful with my clicking - now that's what I call a hiccup.

There is much improvement since the initial test run. Thank you for all your hard work.

16. luniki

luniki Someday Author

i have gone back to using flash after several days of working quite well UNITY and the new download just wouldn't load today and it is stopping the me growing the event crops but one good thing my park is no longer PINK!

ntuncer4257 likes this.
  17. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am using Chrome on a laptop. I am finding using Unity better, little by little (hope that's not famous last words!). :)

For example, I think there has been less lagging today - it was pretty bad yesterday; trees and crops are now showing as ready to harvest, or at least not as if just planted/harvested. :)
    I no longer notice things flying all over the screen when harvesting and the Farm Wheel seems to have slowed down a tad.:)

There are a couple of things that still need to be addressed, in my opinion. I have mentioned them before but would just like to reiterate that they are still not right. :p

The most important of these is the neighbours/friends listing. It doesn't list our neighbours first which can be sooo time consuming when you want to send gifts or write messages. Even if you can remember all their names (spelling, upper or lower case, special characters), some names cannot be found with the search facility. You can get round this by going to the neighbour tab and doing each gift individually but useless if you want to send Pantry goods. :(

A couple of annoying things, the Farm Wheel sometimes shows no arrow and will not work - coming out of the Farm Wheel area and going straight back in puts this right.. -.-

Going to FSQs from any of the field tabs, the FSQ icon is sometimes greyed out: two ways round this, go to the City and access the FSQs from there or refresh. -.-

The gradual improvements are making me feel very positive about the future of the game though I do wonder if I have just got used to Unity's foibles. However, I am playing three farms in Flash and I am not finding it so very different. :p
    I did notice using Edge (in Unity), a couple of items were pinked out. I think I will try Firefox tomorrow and see if that is the same. :D

I thank you for all your hard work - it can't be easy starting from scratch and implementing the new version when the Flash version has had many, many more years to get to where it is now. I can remember a lot of bugs, glitches and problems, especially in the early years, but gradually Farmerama became the beloved game we now enjoy. Unity is a massive undertaking but I have confidence that it will soon be as good (maybe even better) than Flash. :inlove:

rivak and mausorvo like this.
  18. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

I just wanted to say Thank You for removing the extra glow around the icons. It is so much better, and regardless of all the current glitches and lags I am managed to stick to Unity for game play rather than immediately returning to Flash. As it was Unity was painful to look at and I neer lasted more than 5 mins. So again, Thank You.

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  19. jäniksenpelätti

Loading the game on Unity took five minutes today. Not so bad, considering. The loading message said, "harvest as much as possible to get advantage of active bonuses", somewhat mockingly, again. When I had harvested the pets I went to Bahamarama and the map stopped working again, I loaded a field a couple of times and never got out of the map. Then I switched to Flash and noticed that most of the pets were still unharvested, even though they had flown around the field on Unity.

I tried to switch back to Unity to see if the harvests made on Flash stuck on Unity and the loading message said, "if your computer isn't belching smoke yet it is still alive and loading the game." I waited 8 minutes, decided nothing was happening and hit refresh. Then it loaded pretty quickly.

The seed icons look so much nicer without the weird glow.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  20. luniki

luniki Someday Author

I am able to play in both UNITY and the download today! Iwould lso like to thank you for adding the remember me button to thr download it makes such a difference!I know if we all stick together with our patience and your hard work we will get there in the end!

davidb1yth007 likes this.