Feedback Unity Open Beta Feedback/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

Unity seems to be slowly improving in fits and spurts, except for gift-giving and replying to in-game mail. Those two still stink worse than a pig farm in July. :( I had to switch back to Flash today to get some things done.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  2. james2017

james2017 Forum Apprentice

unity is not ready for player publication. to many Bugs and freezes.
    if you click on majn farm it open your Baharama forest. if you want to choose trees to plant or stables to open it always take you back to first page.
    No buying in the shops or special offers could be done because apparently there is a problem if a player create the game through a portal. this is taking the support team already a month to sort out with no luck yet. why make it possible to register through a portal if it is known to create problems?
    according to me unity should have been launched long ago as a side by side game to flash to have all the problems resolved before open it for the Players.
    i want to play the game to relax not to do the game planners work.

3. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

That's how I feel about that also.

4. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I have switched back to flash every day now, Unity seems to only be able to handle the harvest of a few fields but never all at the same time.

Can you lengthen the owl pet duration because it runs out during the loading time between the fields?

5. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

I have just returned to this game after being away for a couple of years. I am a Mac user and no longer have flash player on my computer. What I have noticed so far is the game loads slowly, it is slow to move between screens and it freezes up and must be reloaded with some frequency.

I use harvester and that seems to function OK but again slowly. It is very difficult to harvest manually and I have the most difficulty in moving or placing anything individually. Just trying to arrange a field manually can take me close to an hour.

Visually the ep givers take a long time to show up and the neon givers only appear if I hover over them.

I did do some breeding and it worked OK but again fairly slowly.

I had both wonder trees and stables to put out and when they finished they had to be deleted and replaced before the "ready" sign would disappear.

I've not used the market much at this point but I do like the new design of it.

I have noticed having the game open makes my computer run significantly slower. Just using this forum is slow and glitchy. I must close it completely in order to run anything else.

swCactus1 and ntuncer4257 like this.
  6. jäniksenpelätti

This is what the game looked like this morning when I gave up on Unity and switched to flash again.(you can right click the image tag to show the picture, i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that it's not embedding)
    [​IMG]

7. luniki

luniki Someday Author

i have also gone back to flash yesterday and today the game is constantly freezing using UNITY!

8. jäniksenpelätti

Unity was impossible today, I couldn't get past the daily login window, and Flash was super slow too. But there had been some update to the Client and it worked almost flawlessly. Happy new year :=)

There is some slight lag in loading the barn or the seed window, so that at first it shows the wrong pictures. Like it showed wheat in place of wild roses, and a 100% harvest bonus in place of Busy Garden Animals. It corrects itself after a moment but a trigger happy clicker might end up doing something unintended.

JP edit; Oh now I have reached the end of the line. I went to open the crates and it will let me open them but won't tell me what I got or remove the crates from the list. This corrects itself after logging out and logging back in.

My new year's wish: Dear barn, if I have sorted the crates and scrolled past the first window of crates deciding that I don't wish to open them now, you don't need to bring me back to that first window when I open something else. You can just assume that I still don't wish to open those first crates.

This is not only time consuming and annoying but it also made me accidentally almost open the wrong boxes a few times today already. I thought I had clicked on something else and suddenly it was offering me boxes of manure.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  9. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

I switched to Unity once again after about a week or so staying away from it. There is some progress, I can tell. It's glitchy, but they seem to come and go. It's sometimes slow and draggy, sometimes fast. Switched to it sort of "post-production" after all the main harvesting was done in Flash. The game has different feel, but can't really pinpoint much persistently wrong with it due to things coming and going.

• Visually the game feels harsher on eyes. Part of it is different script, like sort of bolder, beating in the eyes. I went back and forth between Uni and Flash to compare why it actually feels so hard, but difficult to describe. Script in flash is simply easier on my eyes. Same thing with highlighting around items. Had to go back and forth to compare. Uni seems to give hard outlines or edges, while flash tends to softly highlight the whole item. The difference in effect is nicely visible on the main page when you highlight individual fields or items on it. Flash highlight is just softer, easier on eyes.
    • Farm Wheel works ok - but again - jumps in and out, while Flash just gently fades it in. That jump-in-out-in action doesn't really add anything, just more strain on eyes. "Bold" script strain is also clearly visible there.
    • Main page, "sunshine" with bubbles, c'mon boys. Get rid of it, at least when the animation is switched off.
    • Stalk rows: Animations on although setting is "OFF". Pls include that in switch-off.
    • Acai Palms on Crystal Falls do not display. They are there, work fine, display correctly in Flash. Have been like that since the beginning.
    So my complaints are mainly of visual nature. Need to like looking at the game first. Other issues since they seemed intermittent, I'm just omitting them in this report. Nevertheless, back to Flash for now, for another 10 days.

RebaFC likes this.
  10. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

A bit more feedback after playing for a number of days exclusively in Unity.

I timed my initial daily harvest for the past 3 days which is always all fields with all pet buffs activated. I do not have the lighthouse area open but this does include all 3 moonlight fields. The times reflect the harvest only as I did not replant anything until I had harvested all fields and CR's, I did have to reboot once during each harvest and that time is also included. This is also using full harvester functions, nothing was harvested manually. I do not have animations switched off, but I will try it that way as well.

Day 1- 46 minutes
    Day 2- 37 minutes
    Day 3- 41 minutes

The reboots all seemed to happen when shifting from the main farm to either Baha or Moonlight.

These times obviously show that buffs lasting for 10 or 15 minutes are ineffective. The most time lost is from waiting for each area to fully load before waiting to harvest. There was some drag time in the harvest action as well, specifically in the drops.

Visual issues:
    • Neon givers are invisible unless you hover the mouse over them
    • Paint factories have a large purple rectangle over them in basic, yellow, and orange mode.
    • The sunshine effect on the main page is incredibly annoying, more of an opinion but I thought I would mention it.
    • When manually harvesting any item it stays highlighted even once it's been reset until you either click on another item or change fields.
    • The farmwheel has a very slow rotation often awarding the prize before it stops rotating. It's just clunky.
    My biggest issues are with any manual operation. Trying to move, arrange, harvest, feed, or water is very slow and awkward when not using harvester.

swCactus1 likes this.
  11. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

I see that access to the forum and to making purchases are still using Flash.
    When will these be switched to Unity Standalone?

12. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

For the most part, Unity is running fairly well for me, but (I am not sure if it has already been reported) I am unable to sort feed in my main mill by amount. It seems to work okay in my Baha mill, just not the mainland mill...I hope this gets fixed soon as it is time consuming to sort through all the many pages of animals to find the feeds that I am running low on.

13. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Why you repeat same mistakes with Unity, which were once made already with Flash? When Info box were introduced, it made impossible to harvest certain spot by hand in Flash, but it was fixed. In unity I must change additional settings to fix that problem and change them back, because I hate that info box following my mouse. There has been other deja-vu moments also.

I hate when I change stables, it jumps back to beginning of list, I want to add upgrades as well without going through several pages. And add another stall which were next after that earlier one in list.

I also want open my crates without returning to first page after I open one. I do not like that sudden info box of random crate, which covers several crates in my inventory and do not dissappear.

I wonder when I can use my greenhouse? There is no plants to choose.

Farming is hard work now, 10 years after I started. It is hard to find that fun, it used to be.

swCactus1, mika-1986, mirsi54 and 2 others like this.
  14. jäniksenpelätti

The other day the client worked perfectly but today I'm still encountering the same map problem as before. (I.e. it stops responding after visiting a few fields and when I click on a field on the map I see the loading sheep go up to 100% but then I'm just back on the map where I started from, and there's nothing to do but to close the client and start all over again.)

Also if the client has been running on the background for too long, the pets (mostly the owls but sometimes also the crows and occasionally the dragon) start flying on the pet field even before harvesting them.

Lea2191 and mika-1986 like this.
  15. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Finally downloaded the client (although I resent the fact that I have to download a client on a game that proudly still advertises on its homepage "NO DOWNLOAD, NO INSTALLATION".)

I see the gift giving problem continues in that current neighbors do not filter to the top of the gift list.

I also noticed that for me the farm wheel doesn't work when you switch between regular farmwheel and party wheel. Once you switch, the spin button stops working and you have to go out and back into the farmwheel screen to be able to spin.

Why can't you maximize the client window? It's kind of annoying and the size is quite small.

16. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

...perhaps I spoke too soon....seems that I have hit the spinning flower of death on my farm...:cry:

17. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I am getting spinning flowers on some of my stalls. Even coming back hours later the animals are still not loaded. However, they will load, allow feeding and harvesting on Flash. The stall doesn't load completely on unity, does on flash, then back to unity these same stalls still will not load up.

I've said this before but please enable the keyboard return button to replace the mouse click on all areas, crate harvesting, bean stock, buying in the store. The return button works for the check box in flash but not in unity.

Last edited by moderator: Jan 6, 2021
  18. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

Time for me to "chime in" and affirm what so many of my fellow farmers have noted ......

The downloadable client .... did that & find that it will not fill my screen which makes it difficult to see my farm not to mention accomplishing things such as harvesting trees & so forth. The other thing is, there's *NO* performance improvement whether using the client or the browser version.

I'm using Microsoft Edge in a fully updated Windows 10 laptop. With Unity, my CPU gets drained, the laptop freezes up, and as others have said, loading times are excruciating. I also find no humor in the figure on the loading screen that says something like "if my computer isn't belching smoke, it's still working". Seriously??? BP's passive/aggressive way to rub salt into a wound & then pass it off as something to laugh at?? >:(

There are any number of things I don't like about Unity compared to the Flash version but right at this moment, the thing that is at the TOP of my list is when trying to place trees, habitats, or deco items. As an example, if I wanted to place Horse stables from Neon down to Orange, in Flash, the window would "snap back" to Horses. Now, I put out "x" amount of Horse stables but have to manually click back to them for each & every color. For this farm, I have the Harvest Helper but my baby farm does not. So in the example just given, if I have 12 stables to place, I'm manually clicking back 12 times just for the base units, never mind yellow or orange. This is beyond ridiculous!!! >:(

The 2nd thing on my "would BP fix this list" would be that when placing upgrades for trees or stables manually, it's super difficult to see where they're supposed to go. In Flash, it was always easy to see the base units.

You guys need to get busy on the alternative to Unity that you mentioned in some prior post.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Sweet_Cassiopeia likes this.
  19. baw815

baw815 Forum General

I have good news and bad news. Let me start with the good.

OMG, FINALLY, Farmerama works in Firefox. Firefox is my preferred browser. When I first started having issues with this I wrote to support and basically got told it was my fault. I have an AMD chip and AMD graphics card. For a reason I can't understand, whenever I tried to use Firefox and load the game with flash, I would get the lockup of death. My machine would lock up so bad that I would have to hold the power button a few seconds to shut down the machine then restart it. This only happened in Firefox, not Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi or CCleaner browser. Thank you very much devs for fixing this. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Now to the not so good.

I use the standalone client and browser versions. When I first started using this mid-December, nothing worked correctly and I had to refresh several times just to get my first harvest, annoying to say the least and visuals didn't work correctly. . . . Now, these are the browsers I use that work best for me, in order of best to not so best. Firefox, Opera, Opera GX and Chrome.

• I have multiple games, when you have a preferred browser and have a game going on it. If you use the standalone to log into another game and log-out, the close dialog opens in your preferred browser and logs you out of the game you had loaded in it. In essence, you log out of two games when you log out of the standalone. :mad:

• Greenhouse: Most of the time it is blank on opening even if you know something is being refined. Oh, another thing, I usually like to keep it in results and it ALWAYS reverts to level, even if I haven't logged out. The scroll bar on the side is not very good, actually it doesn't work correctly in most cases anywhere. Refreshing usually fixes this, annoying to say the least!!! >:(

• Inventory: Unless I type letters in the search box when checking my inventory, it ALWAYS reverts to the first page and the all classification, even if it came from another tab, it used to not do that. Not good!! :cry:

Sweet_Cassiopeia and swCactus1 like this.
  20. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

I had been able to switch to Unity and it worked okay. Just after Christmas, when I press the switch button, my only option became to use the download standalone client or switch back to using flash.

I had troubles with the download so began just using flash. As it gets closer to no flash option at all, I keep trying to use the stand alone client

Issues with the client:

It keeps logging me out or crashing out.

It won't let me harvest, the spinning daisy goes on and on.

The spinning flower is no where near the curser location.

Issues trying to use the machinery for harvesting, planting, rearranging my farm, managing stables.

I have to log in each time I leave my farm for more than 30 minutes.

Logging in takes up to 4-5 tries and sometimes downloading and reinstalling the client.

Sometimes I leave one field only to be stuck on the farm map and having to relog just to get to another field.

The message when you mouse over something is often printed so far to the right to not even be in the window so it is unreadable.

This morning, it took 27 minutes to harvest and replant 6 fields using the farm machinery. By the time I was done all my buffs had long before expired.

My questions are whether this will even be playable by the time you make it mandatory?

Why can I not choose Unity any more? I have tried Chrome (my usual browser), firefox, opera and IE.

Sweet_Cassiopeia likes this.