We should be able to have a Birthday Gifts on our Birthday

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by BeingStella, Aug 5, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. BeingStella

BeingStella Padavan

Each player should be able to have a Birthday Party on his or her Birthday. With a Birthday cake with candles and presents from Fuzzle Woolytops followed by gifts from our friends.
    Friends and Neighbors should be able to give on gift for the Birthday Boy or Girl.
    Not just the gifts from the daily gift registry, perhaps item from the Pantry, or Crops, or Crafting Trade Items like 10 sugars etc. costing the sender something from his or her own inventory. Limit the amount of crops one can send, perhaps just 100. Sending someone one animal for instance.
    Perhaps a Mini Event can be designed to make this privilege earned.
    Reminders sent out to each others friends and neighbors list would be nice, encouraging the Banners and perhaps even a Party sheep could be the grantor of the gift item much like the cats are bouncing here and there, on the day of the Birthday, sheep appear every time someone sends a gift.
    I know if I had the capability to send my fellow neighbors and friends a Birthday present I would do it. If I had the ability to send my neighbors and friends a Barnyard Buck I would enclose that into a Birthday card and send it via the Sheep too! :)
    This would also encourage use of the Thank You note element to the game.

marlenef24, meba091, SillyGuy and 4 others like this.
  2. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

YES!!! If this does not go against the personal identification rule, this should apply!!

meba091, Cassie101 and BeingStella like this.
  3. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Would be a nice idea but, what if one could "fudge the date" and move it around ?
    Maybe that is why they don't ?!

SillyGuy, labmommy30 and BeingStella like this.
  4. VickiBirdy

VickiBirdy Forum Apprentice

If they can make it so we can not change our screen names here on the forum, then surely they can make it so we can not abuse the Birthday bonus by changing the date to reap more rewards. I like the idea. It surprises me that this is not already being enjoyed here at Farmerama.

meba091, labmommy30 and BeingStella like this.
  5. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

I like this idea :D Count me in ;)

meba091, labmommy30 and BeingStella like this.
  6. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Sorry, agree with Banjoman, too easy for people to fudge. Also, I think birth dates are one of the items no longer supposed to be mentioned publically???

Cassie101 likes this.
  7. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Month and day are allowed to be mentioned but not the birth year.

meba091, bygo_cris, woody and 2 others like this.
  8. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

I'll sit this one out.:)

-Mir85- likes this.
  9. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

I agree with Arielh. We don't need to make public the year. The day and month it should be enough. Plus so many sites are asking for birth information this days and is not so personal information without year... from my point of view.

Arielh likes this.
  10. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Maybe if, instead of our birthday, it was the anniversary of the day we joined? I don't think that can be tweaked?

(If you consider this is a different idea, sorry.)

11. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I think that is a good alternative woody:)

crzyjoyce, Willow, Banjoman and 2 others like this.
  12. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

Good idea woody. Is like the birthday of our farms ^_^

crzyjoyce, Willow, Banjoman and 3 others like this.
  13. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

I like that - our Farmerama birthday; what a great idea.

crzyjoyce and bygo_cris like this.
  14. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Or we could just have an 'official' birthday of a date of our choosing (our Queen has one) That way those born on Christmas day, for example, could choose a different day when more people might be playing.

TCRooster likes this.
  15. puppiesnponies

That's an intriguing idea....I was born on Christmas Eve and have never thought about 'what if' I were born on a different day? I don't know what date I would choose. Pick one from a hat? Throw a dart at the calendar? Hmmmmm.....sounds like a fun game...Pick a birthday for pnp and tell why that date is best (the sillier the better). Too bad we can't play games.

crzyjoyce, SillyGuy and bygo_cris like this.
  16. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Be happy and thankful you were born where and when you were.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 15, 2015
    crzyjoyce and bygo_cris like this.
  17. puppiesnponies

I am Banjo:) I didn't meant for it to sound like I'm not. I was just taking farmerumf's idea of selecting your own day and wondering what I would pick.

18. Jools

Jools Forum Pro

Can't see how this idea would, the farm & forum aren't connected that way.
    A special gift from fuzzles on your farm anniversary would be nice, but how would other players know when this was? Personally I don't even know when I started within much more than a month or two

19. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

Jools, if you go to the sticker book and then look for the first sticker you got, it should reflect your start date within, I'd say, a day or two.

20. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

That only helps newer players labmommy :) Dates to the stickers were added sometime in 2014 with the rework of the sticker album.

Sweet_Cassiopeia and labmommy30 like this.