We should be able to know who of our neighbors left

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by Arielh, Apr 8, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

We get a warning when someone wants to be our neighbor. Why not have one when a neighbor leave us. I mean when we realise we have fewer neighbors than before we try to find who is the one who left, but sometimes we can't find him. So wouldn't be usefull to get a warning when a neighbor left us?:music:

penguilnz and daisy like this.
  2. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I am not sure about this one. If they have left temporarily, for whatever reason, I suppose you could contact them to see if they need anything or such, but I think there might be a fine line between what is OK and not from a privacy perspective. If they simply did not log in for a time, they might come back. However, if they left for another reason, then ...

On the other hand, I tend to put neighbors as friends, to give them gifts and such, and it would be nice to know if they have left. Not so much if they have left my neighborhood, but if they have left for good, so I don't have them taking up friend space -- its not that there is a limit, its just they can start to add up in time.

bygo_cris likes this.
  3. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I understand what you told woody but I came up with this idea today when I saw I have one less neighbor. But I don't know who is that neighbor and there is no sure way of finding it.

-Mir85- likes this.
  4. woody

My above comment aside, I do like this idea, and would add one bit. I actually would like to know if people on my friends list have left the game. (maybe this already happens?) I have added several (relative) newbies so I can gift them during events. If they are neighbors, I can see that they dropped off from inactivity, but my friends list just grows. That would not be the same list, because someone can drop from the neighbor's list, but not drop out of the game entirely.

Arielh likes this.
  5. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I disagree with that woody. I can choose my neighbors and I know they will see my activity/inactivity and when I am logged on/off, that is fine. But I cannot choose whose friends list I am on. Anyone can send me an igm and put me on their list. I don't want to display my activity/inactivity to anyone and everyone curios.

If you are interested to see if the newbies are still playing, you can keep an eye on their level, which you can see in the friends list :)

6. woody

I am not saying there should be a general display. Just that we should be notified if the person is completely eliminated from farmerama. That happens, I believe after a few months. The other option would be if they were completely eliminated. Currently, I don't believe they are removed from friends lists, because I have hit on someone to be told "this player does not exist" (or something similar).

Arielh likes this.