When I was young..... game

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Nov 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMP3

HMP3 Forum Apprentice

When I was young we used manual typewriters, electric was "new."

2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Me too! I started my second/middle career as a typist/secretary and I learned to type on a manual typewriter ... correcting with tippex paper! Starting again if I made toooo many mistakes! :wuerg:
    When I was young, we never had a telephone! Fixed or otherwise (no mobiles in those days!). :D

3. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

When I was very young, my mom got sick and I had to get my own breakfast every day. I'd sit on the kitchen floor, get the zwieback out of the drawer and eat it there. One day, mom went to the hospital - she got well and I got a baby sister.

4. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

When I was young my family would pile into the car on the weekends and go 'exploring'! One day we wound up at Mt. Palomar Observatory (in California) and explored that!! On the way down the mountain afterwards, we found a cave...and explored that too!!:inlove:
    (I Never wanted to have to 'grow up'!! Lol!!)

5. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

When I was young I had a Science teacher who took biology classes for us and in our higher class she took Physics. She always called us irritating specimen. But it didn't affect any of us. Later in my life I met a person who was an irritating specimen and I finally understood and realised that phrase - Irritating Specimen and how one feels being with an irritating specimen. Oh our poor teacher ! She really thought our class of around 50 students to be irritating specimens. xDxDxD But we were a good class. She didn't realise it. May be she found all humanity as irritating specimen.;):):p

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  6. illy1996

When I was young, we only had a black and white TV ... not much fun watching snooker lol! :p

I remember that every Christmas, I used to watch a film about a snowman (not the Raymond Briggs version). I really loved it. To be fair, though, I think we had one or two channels to watch so there wasn't much choice on what was on the box! xD

7. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

When I was young I made a shop out of a cardboard box and sold things to my doll.

8. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

When I was young, I would sneak out of my bed during nap time and go down to the garage to play with the puppies. We had 2 dogs that had puppies at the same time so plenty of wiggles and giggles for all of us!xD

9. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

When I was young my Grandfather would airmail me live salamanders(from their mountain home) in a box with holes in it. (My mom didn't appreciate this:wuerg:) LOL xDxD I kept them in an aquarium next to my bed. I put them all in my bed to kiss them goodnight. Needless to say, they sometimes escaped and then we all got to stay up late searching for them.:p

10. Cassie101

When I was young my sister and I used to dress up in my mum's clothes. Almost falling over wearing her high heels. xD

11. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

When I was young we lived for a while on top of a small mountain. Looking in one direction, we could just see the Pacific ocean, and looking the other way, in the Winter, we could see snow on a taller mountain!! That would be the 'signal' to hop in the car for another adventure, full of snowball fights, sliding down the hill, ( falling off and getting a face full of snow, too) and loads of laughter when we actually got to smack our parents with snowballs...then run for our lives! hahaha!!:inlove::D
    It always turned into an adventure in !Patience! though, as we joined bumper-to-bumper cars full of others who saw the snow, too!!o_O
    There's not much snow in Southern California!!;):(xD

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  12. illy1996

When I was young, my older siblings got a Dansette record player (other makes of record player were/are available). I can't remember exactly what music they all played but I have no doubt it was a combination of The Beatles, Gene Pitney and The Rolling Stones! My love of music all stems from those days! :inlove::music::inlove:

13. 12ss12

When I was young, we had a craze for peacock feathers. In the pets corner of our school, we had one peacock. We had lots of birds, few animals & bunnies & a big dog. We used to get birds feathers from the attender there. But getting peacock feather from him isn't so easy. Only a very very few can get. Many of my classmates and friends said that if we keep strand of peacock feather in our book and feed it with rice (uncooked) it will grow into a peacock feather. Needless to say I got a strand of peacock feather. Getting it wasn't easy. But I got one put it in a book with few rice particles. But I didn't get a fully grown peacock feather. :cry: In one or two year I realised we can't get peacock feather that way. I became wiser. 8)xD

14. Cassie101

When I was young I had a hula hoop but try as I might I couldn't get it to stay around my waist. :cry::cry:My younger cousin could make hers stay round her waist for ages. :(
    For those who don't know what a hula hoop is - I envy you xDxD

15. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

When I was young I would play so many games with my brother for hours and our parents would have to stop us to tell us we needed to go to sleep. (I am glad phones and tablets weren't introduced until I was in high school)

16. Cassie101

When I was young I used to go to the beach every nice day. (I only lived 500 yards from a beautiful stretch of golden sand)

17. illy1996

When I was young, one of my favourite outings was going to the library with my Mum. She gave me my life long joy of reading. :inlove:

18. Cassie101

When I was young my gran gave me left over dough to make a man figure with. I put currants where his eyes should be. Of course I ate it myself.:D

007Farming, baw815 and Arielh like this.
  19. 12ss12

Cassie, you are a man eater !!!!!!!!!! xDxDxDxDxD

I did the same too. But with chappathi dough. It is made from wheat flour. When my mother makes it to prepare dough for chappathi. I would take some f it and try to make a man figure or animal figure and put that on the shelf for display. It will stay only for one or few days. After that it will crack away and fall into pieces.

20. Cassie101

xDxDxD
    When I was young I used to love playing with my Spirograph, I could make beautiful patterns.

007Farming and purplebeet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.