When I was young..... game

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Nov 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Me too, Cassie. I can't draw but I used to love making all those pretty patterns. But I will go one step further:
    When I was young, one of my favourite Christmas presents was a Spiromatic! :p

2. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

When I was young I got a game compendium for Christmas. In one box there was Snakes and Ladders, Ludo. Draughts, Dominoes, Bingo
    and a pack of Playing Cards. There may have been more games but that's all that I can remember.
    Great fun. :D

3. illy1996

Nine Man's Morris was another one in MY compendium of games, Cassie. :music:
    When I was young, I always wanted to be an Air Hostess. :inlove:

Might have done it too if I had worked harder at languages at school ... but it just got too hard for me. Tenses were my downfall.:wuerg:

4. purplebeet

purplebeet Active Author

:inlove: When I was little, I always thought my mother was the most beautiful woman ever. As the single mom of 5 boys, and then me, I kind of think she was Wonderwoman too :inlove:

5. illy1996

When I was very little, I didn't like the white of an egg, I loved the yolk but used to leave the white of boiled and fried eggs. :p
    My child minder used to make me a fairy egg. It was some years later that I realised that she had been making me omelettes! xD

6. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

When I was young - and found out I had to go to the Dr.s office that day - I would sneak away when Mom wasn't looking, and hide for hours until I had missed the appointment! To me, it was worth the trouble I'd get in! I absolutely hated to get needles!! One day I didn't hide well enough and got caught!!.....It took the Dr., 2 nurses, and my Mom to hold me down enough(screaming all the while) to prick my finger to get a drop of blood!
    My poor Mom was soooo embarrassed! I don't know how she put up with me sometimes!o_O:inlove::music:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  7. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

When I was young, I used to love it when we had a spelling test. :)

8. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

When I was young my dad would make a winter village scene under our Christmas tree, complete with an electric train, bridges and tunnels. I would watch it for hours!:inlove:

9. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

When I was young, I did not like going to school. I was then studying LKG (Lower Kinder Garden) and 3 years old. Both my parents were working and there was a girl from my native town who was engaged to take care of me. There was our party office in the nearby street. It consisted of the whole ground floor with large open space in between the rooms. There was a mango tree in it. Party office printing press was also running in the premises. There was a person called machine man who would take prints in papers from plates made of composed matters.

Because we used to watch cartoons like he-man, super-man, bat-man, spider-man etc., I had a fascination for the word machine man.

My parents would leave me in the school and the care taker girl in the party office and go to work . In the afternoon my caretaker girl would come and take me home for lunch. That is we would go to the press/party office for lunch. After I took my lunch I would cry and say I would not go to school. And mostly I would succeed. One day she said, 'ok we need no go to school. But I will get you 'laddu' (a sweet) to eat. Come let's go to the shop.' I was happy. She took me on a round about way and as soon as we took a turning towards the street of my school I realised and started crying. But she dragged me to the school and left me there. The Headmistress gave a spanking in my hand with a cane and told me to go to the class. I do not know whether I felt any pain. I was still crying because of the cheating. Then I was taken to my class. In our class we had toffees which were sold to the students. But my parents as a rule never gave me money to buy those toffees. On seeing me crying my teacher gave me some toffees and made me sit in the class. I was happy to get the toffees which I have never bought from my teacher. I felt very happy. So it seems I was the one benefited from the incidence. Now when I am typing this incident I realise that even though I did not get the 'laddu' promised to me, I got toffees. WOW.

I still now have a weakness for chocolates and toffees.

10. illy1996

I felt the same! xD I never understood how my Mum worked full time, managed to keep us clean, clothed and fed. At Christmas she always made a Christmas Cake, a huge Christmas dinner, wrapped all the presents and also brought the pillow case full of presents to the end of my bed without waking me. :inlove:

11. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

When I was young I would pick honeysuckle and nasturshum (spelled wrong) flowers and drink the nector.

12. 12ss12

I feel the same too. I cannot even do half of her work. Sometimes I feel I am lazy and feel guilty that she is working very hard for us - we being younger and more able than than her.

When I was young and whenever I went to my native place, I used to pick Thumbai flowers (Darmika Leucas Aspera) and suck it for honey. It will just be a little bit of honey but it tasted very sweet and much better than shop bought honey. Also once after no moon day when the honeybees quit the honey comb, my uncle squeezed the leftover honey from the comb and gave us the honey. Being born and brought up in a metropolitan city, this was something of wonder to us. To get honey from a honey comb. Most of all seeing one of it itself was a miracle.

farmlily3, purplebeet and fun2farm like this.
  13. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

When I was young, I loved to read.

One day I discovered my Mom's 1923 set of antique encyclopedias (called 'The Book of Knowledge' back in 1923 days) - and became fascinated to see all these old things - such as a "Gramaphone"(which is what an old time 'record player' was called) - and how they all worked!! Or a Train, which was then called a "Locomotive"!!

They were filled with all the old skills and antiques - even clothing, and Fairy Tales which were popular in those days! - that are the basis for our advanced society today. I spent the entire weekend in my bedroom buried in these books...and many days and times thereafter!

I still have them today, safely encased behind the glass doors of the Secretary desk in my living room! And every time I look at them, I think of my Mom and Dad, and my Grandparents, and all those who are no longer with us, and how lives were lived almost 100 years ago!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  14. harry011975

harry011975 Forum Mogul

When i was young, I couldn't wait to get old enough to get my drivers license, but now I just thank the Good Lord for each day and wish that I hadn't wasted so many years when I was young.

15. illy1996

When I was young, every Friday night, after weekly shop had been done, we kids would have a packet of crisps and I would make a crisp sandwich! Loverly! :inlove:

16. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

When I was young I used to enjoy cleaning my room! My mother says she'd tell me to go do it, and I'd grin and work hard until it was finished. Then I'd climb into my toy crib and play with a doll. I don't remember any of this, but Mom has pictures to prove the story is true. :)

farmlily3 and purplebeet like this.
  17. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

WOW reading some of these posts made me remember more things which I did when I was young.

When I was young I used a TRS80 computer to program things (mainly games duh...lol).

When I was young I remember playing on ice (umm what ya call them.big metal tubes. water under road?) with my youngest sister with a tennis ball. it got to the shallow end I went to go grab.. WHAM my leg fell in. That was nothing. your right. What was something is I could not get my leg out... I was stuck.. every time I tried to break way the ice broke... I was in more sallow ice then had thought as a kid.

When I was young I was on a swing set in tupelo MS. Hanging upside down. (not the only time I thought this.. but this was more real) Hanging where my feet was in the air... seeing the blue skys... (you watched star wars yet?) well not only at times did I scare myself thinking That was the bottom...lol But what a view ...

When I was young... well ya got enough from me for now..;)

farmlily3 and baw815 like this.
  18. 12ss12

When I was young once we thought to white wash our house ourselves. So we mixed the white lime and did the painting of the house by ourselves. I climbed the window, and caught its grill with my left hand and from there painted the top of the walls with my other hand. I thought it was a great accomplishment. :p My mother and younger brother also joined in white washing the house. White washing the whole house gave me a sense of satisfaction and pride.

farmlily3 and Jazac like this.
  19. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

When I was young, I did do things which got me in trouble.. and some I got away with...Starters

I ( I was not alone of course...lol) got caught throwing pine cones at neighbors garage doors..
    I also got caught playing on a neighbors satelite dish.. oh boy did my parents and the neighbor parents get a bill for that...lol

Yes only trouble I ever was, was when me and this one kid hooked up..

farmlily3, purplebeet and baw815 like this.
  20. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

When I was young...around 4yrs of age. I would go up on stage and sing, "Rain drops keep falling on my head" with my dad...I insisted on it. (I know...I just dated myself!!!) If there was a stage or something that looked like one, we were on it - singing. Regardless. And I would sing and sing and sing that song some more. Guess what...I really don't like that song todayxDxDxD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.