Where is home/land?

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmerlily22, May 26, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlily22

farmerlily22 Forum Master

:DI don't feel so bad!:music:

2. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

I live in the UK. In a very rural area.. surrounded by field, woods and the animals I love..

MARLYMAR, meba091, alexis2112 and 7 others like this.
  3. farmerlily22

and your avatar shows that love :inlove: BoHoKaren!

MARLYMAR, IVANCICA30 and farmlily3 like this.
  4. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

This the town where I'm from. Very tiny, but a very impressive Town Wall that dates back to about 1200 A.D and that is still standing. They sure knew how to build back in the days!
    [​IMG]

This is central Stockholm, were I now live. Well I live quite a fair bit outside city but I work in the large house with the green copper roof on the left :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    abc12328, MARLYMAR, Bree and 21 others like this.
  5. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

OMG frogs, where I'm from that would be classified a a major city LOL :p and when I've uploaded photos of my backyard, you'll understand why!

6. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

I have lived in smaller country towns as well .... lol ...... I grew up in Tasmania ..... you know like Taz devil lol .... explaines alot when you think about it hehehe

MARLYMAR, 100keltic, SillyGuy and 9 others like this.
  7. tlcmom

tlcmom Forum Expert

I live on the East coast of the USA in Maryland. I was born in Washington, DC and raised in Maryland. I live in the area which we call the DMV. Which stands for District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia because you can be any of these states within 5-10mins. So I have a little bit of country in me and a little bit of city me. LoL

8. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

little bit country little bit rock and roll? Tlc :)

9. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

Hatzeva, your town and Stockholm is just beautiful. I have to put it on my must see list:)

10. tlcmom

tlcmom Forum Expert

Ssssh Frog that song tells how old we are! LOL Everyone pictures are beautiful:)

11. farmerlily22

tlcmom, so funny Donny Osmond was just on Rachel Ray and I was afraid he may sing that any minute..(Marie isn't there :eek:)

(sorry , off subject a moment)

12. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Forum Veteran

Thank you farmerlily22 for this wonderful thread! It was something I was gonna do ages ago but forgot :oops:. I am loving seeing all the pics and descriptions of where you all live! Where I live is so bland in comparison :(. I'm in the East Midlands in England in a small town where I've lived most of my life. I lived in York for a short time which is a beautiful place with a good vibe and great history! :inlove: The places where some of you live are just incredible! Beautiful beaches, clear blue waters, beautiful scenery..I'm so jelli too :p

PS-I too am a huge fan of 'Game of Thrones'..it's the best thing I've seen on tv for yonks!
    (Haven't seen any of Series 5 yet so pleeease don't tell me what's happened in it :p)

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  13. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Fifi - wherever we (you) live is wonderful.. Just keep your windows and curtains open and let the "dawn chorus" wake you, rather than an alarm.. I promise it will bring a smile to your face AND you will love your patch on this earth!! :) Let nature in and you'll love it - and those birds are even in cities/towns... ;)

Last edited by moderator: Jun 1, 2015
  14. fifitrixiebell

Unfortunately Karen not setting an alarm is a no go due to work. Where I live is not a great place for getting in touch with nature or just a quiet life. I long to live in the country with peace and quiet and beautiful scenery, or near the coast in a picturesque fishing village or something like that. If I was surrounded by fields (with no screaming kids in) and nature and beautiful animals I think I'd be a little more inclined to love my patch on this earth! Can I come and camp in your fields and wake up to your reindeer instead?
    ;) :p :D

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  15. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

[​IMG]Here is a pic of Sharkstooth beach in Santa Cruz, Ca
    @shellhappybj

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  16. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

More heavy rains in Texas, and less chance of photographing the wild flowers in my back field... I WILL get it done after the hard and unpredictable rains!! Thank you all for the great pictures!!!:inlove:

17. farmerlily22

labmommy, just take care of yourself there, Im watching the news and saying a prayer for everyone in these storms.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  18. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers @farmerlily22 !! My town is near, but not in the news!! The flooding here is an inconvenience, but not life altering as in other areas. I just had a chat with my mother and had to calm her too!! Prayers for the people in Houston, Austin and in surrounding areas are surely appreciated too!!!

19. alexis2112

alexis2112 Forum Pro

What an amazing thread, filled with places I'm desperate to visit! Thanks to all of you who have shared beautiful pictures! :)

I was born in California US, but I've lived a lot of places, including Orléans, France. I have a lot of friends in the UK, so I hope to get there next.

Currently, I live in the desert of the southwestern US (somewhere between Arizona and Texas). :music:

MARLYMAR, DBAYES, IVANCICA30 and 3 others like this.
  20. fifitrixiebell

Omg I'm so jealous of all of you that have travelled around and lived in a variety of places!

IVANCICA30, Arielh, meba091 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.