Where is home/land?

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmerlily22, May 26, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Yes, Tinni ! Its the Marina Beach, Chennai. Have you posted any picture in the post where you mentioned about Tigress ? I am not able to see it. It just says. I been trying from yesterday.

You work in any Wildlife Sanctuary ?

MARLYMAR and Tinni like this.
  2. deadtuesday

deadtuesday Forum Greenhorn

Lanikai, Oahu :)

[​IMG]

MARLYMAR, farmlily3, Bree and 9 others like this.
  3. Tinni

Tinni Padavan

Yes, I posted a pic of the tigress. I work with an NGO on animal preservation, currently I am posted in Nagpur and there are many sanctuaries and reserves in 90 to 150 kms radius of here.

I enjoy living here, I hail from Coimbatore and miss the food from there especially.

Last edited by moderator: Oct 4, 2015
  4. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Love the tigress photo Tinni:) You have a very interesting job!

5. Tinni

Tinni Padavan

Thanks, yes, I have an interesting job. I have to travel and often times in the jungles and when you love wild life it is not like a job.

The only downside is in the jungles usually I have no connectivity, so often I am without internet and cannot spend as much time online as I would like.

This is not a very sharp image but here is a pic of a Gaur (Wild Indian Bison)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by moderator: Oct 4, 2015
  6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Hi Whisperwind, Nice to meet you , I have never been to your beautiful country! :)

MARLYMAR, farmlily3, Bree and 3 others like this.
  7. 12ss12

Talking of sanctuaries, reserve forests & wild animals, I thought of sharing my happiness of seeing these animals in their natural environment. The photographs were taken by me. We were inside the close vehicles & the animals were roaming freely. We were all so excited. I planned the trip & went along with my mother, brothers, relatives, cousins. This was 2 second trip for my mother & me. For others it was their first & they were all excited and wanted to go there once more.

Last year July (2014), we visited Anaimalai Tiger Reserve Forest, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. Here are some photos. You can see three elephants bathing & a Bison & a Bison Calf. There are lot of photos. I will post others photos in another post. Too much of photos in one post is not good. ;)

[​IMG]

Tinni, I am not able to see any of your photos. May be that particular photo is not opening in my browser. Waiting for the day when it will open. Miss your photos

Last edited by moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    MARLYMAR, farmlily3, Bree and 7 others like this.
  8. Willow

12ss12 - Love your photos!:) I also enjoy taking wildlife photos, but don't get to do it in such a fantastic place as you have visited!

MARLYMAR, Bree, farmlily3 and 2 others like this.
  9. Tinni

Tinni Padavan

12ss12 - the photos are hosted on tinypic, which host are you able to access? I'll see if I can post my photos via that site.
    Anaimalai is a beuatiful sanctuary. During my visit in September we came across a leopard cub playing on the road.

[​IMG]

Here is an image of an Indian wild dog also called Dhole in Tadoba Andhare Tiger Reserve
    [​IMG]

PS: If my images are too large and need to be resized, please do let me know.

MARLYMAR, wolfeyesone, Bree and 12 others like this.
  10. 12ss12

Thank you willow. I know it takes a lot to plan & go on a trip to wildlife sanctuaries. I am sure in future you will get a chance to do it. But there is lot of wildness around us. Please post some of you pictures.

@Tinni I am able to see all your pictures in Opera. The tiger, leopard pictures are beautiful. Wild dog looks like a fox.

Anaimalai Tiger Reserve Forest, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
    Peacock

11. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

So beautiful^^

farmlily3 and 12ss12 like this.
  12. Willow

I love peacocks, and those photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!:)

13. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

[​IMG] Peacocks live in Sweden too, and these 3 are the king of the castle where I work! There is a number 4 but he is very, very shy :sleepy:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    MARLYMAR, deadtuesday, Bree and 8 others like this.
  14. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

They are so beautiful :) Thank you for sharing!

MARLYMAR, farmlily3, 12ss12 and 2 others like this.
  15. Greek-Guy

Greek-Guy Forum Connoisseur

Howdy!8)

I am one of the newest members of the english forum!

I am from Greece, a country with big history and beautiful islands and ancient monuments.
    We are the Hawaii of Europe!

I live in Athens, the Greek capital city.
    Nice to meet you.
    I love meeting people from different countries, it's great!xD

16. Willow

Hello Greek-Guy! How very nice to have another farmer from Greece join us on the forum. I love your description of Greece as the Hawaii of Europe!:)

17. JazzyCA69

JazzyCA69 Forum Apprentice

Hi everyone, I was born and raised in Sunny Southern California. On the west coast. We are very fortunate to be able to go to the mountains if we want snow, or beach, lake or river if we want water, desert for riding dune buggies. Was 80 F. today. Just love it. Have lived in St. Louis, Missouri and Daytona Beach, Florida. I always come back home.

18. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Sounds great Jazzy! You have everything! It seems to me you can never get bored in your place:music:

19. Tinni

Tinni Padavan

12ss12, hope you are alright and the floods did not affect you badly.
    Time the depression in the Bay of Bengal got undepressed. Hope the water levels have gone down.

MARLYMAR, 12ss12, bygo_cris and 2 others like this.
  20. 12ss12

Tinni We didn't have rains for 4 or 5 days. So situation was somewhat improving. But we started receiving heavy rains for the past 2 days.

Raining continuously and heavily from yesterday evening. So cannot even step out of my house. Happy Self-declared Holiday for me and several others:D

Moringa (Drumstick)
    • native to parts of Africa and Asia
    • sole genus in the flowering plant family Moringaceae.
    • name is derived from Murungai, Tamil word for drumstick
    • one should never attempt to climb a moringa tree as it is very brittle & break away very easily
    • it sheds its leaves and acquire new ones every season
    • every part of the tree is useful and edible & has high medicinal values
    • commonly cooked in every household here in Tamilnadu
    • easy to grow- just by stem cutting. So far I have not seen anyone here in Tamilnadu grow the tree using seeds.
    • It's a tree that is usually present in everyone's household, that is if they have a garden.
    • very tasty to eat. Matured drumsticks (Brown pods) are not cooked or eaten. Only tender ones.
    • Leaves are rich source of iron
    Moringa Tree in my grandfather's place

[​IMG]

Black Drongo perched on a Moringa Tree (my grandfather's place)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.