Winter Calendar

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by sarann, Dec 19, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. sarann

sarann Padavan

First let me say that is it always wonderful to receive gifts from events such as the winter calendar. No matter how little or big, it is something more than I had before. A big thank you for offering this multiple times a year in many different names and formats.

I do have a few suggestions:
    1. Please stay consistent where you post these long running events. The winter calendar has been available in different places. Although it didn't start in the city, it has become a permanent fixture there. It has also been available in the event tab. What is frustrating is when sometimes it shows in the news feed and then the next day it is no longer there.
    2. Make an unopened item easier to spot. Are you tired of hearing about players saying they opened a gift (in this case a Christmas stocking) only to find out the next day they did not. Well, maybe you aren't, but I'm sure that's the case for our wonderful responding Mods!!!! I think this is so easily misunderstood because if a player misses a day, the stocking reveals it's content appearing open to the player. Visually, at quick glance, the player believes the item has been received. One must look carefully to see the little tiny plus sign at the top to buy it. While we appreciate the fact you reveal what is in the stocking so we can determine if we want to purchase it, a better system could be designed to show the player "opened" and "must purchase".
    3. Believe your players. I do believe there are glitches with the calendar. I have had to purchase one myself this time around. Since that point, I view it more than once to make sure that I have opened my gift. For example, one day I opened the gift. I later returned to find that it was not opened. I then opened it again. I did this within the time frame of the day so I didn't have to purchase it again, but this has happened a couple of times.
    4. Fix numbers 1 and 2 and I think you will have less to worry about on number 3.

2. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Yes yes yes to all of this!!!!

Nala777, sanddollar15 and joanc123 like this.
  3. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Good post. I would also like to see that we do not need to pay to open a 'missed' stocking. When I get an Advent Calendar I don't have to pay to open a door if I miss the correct day. I seem to remember that originally we could open them on any day without penalty.

Nala777, Brookeham and joanc123 like this.
  4. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

How about an exclamation mark showing like with fuzzles daily gift? If a prize doesn't seem to have been claimed, this would alert the farmer to pay another visit. :)

joanc123, Moraine, Nala777 and 2 others like this.
  5. memere13

memere13 Active Author

If the stocking remained hanging to alert farmers that it wasn't opened I think would be a great help.

joanc123, Nala777 and sanddollar15 like this.
  6. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

I fully agree with you @sarann. Thanks for this detailed post.
    Good suggestion @illy1996 , would be easier for us to collect gifts, without missing any.

joanc123 likes this.
  7. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Very much missed.
    Absolutely, so to be sure we need to refresh or log in/out. Very tedious.

sanddollar15, RowSie and joanc123 like this.
  8. ag56

ag56 Forum Inhabitant

Change the color. If a stocking/item is not open change a color... that we'll notice immediately.

9. shetaz71

shetaz71 Active Author

Let us have the items without penalty! U did in the beginning.. and now make us purchase them when u 'say' we didn't open one. Can u say glitches in the game?? I can..