Competition Farmerama's 6th Birthday - Community Raffle

Discussion in 'Official Forum Competitions' started by teddy.bear, Jan 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrew1997

andrew1997 Forum Apprentice

Howdy farmers !

During his six years with the Farmerama I had much to learn from the first crop of lettuce until the early missions and events that I will never forget.

I insist that before all the most important thing is to be kind-hearted man, to be honest and know how to cherish everything you before the game. Family is first and foremost the most important thing in life, but also true friends. Behold during the 6 years I met in the virtual game several hundred people, most people lying but the other side were few people "value" and this phrase to emphasize this is and will be the most important.

There are many beautiful moments on this game, but if I start I would not even finish tomorrow. There is much that binds me to the old forum, but also strange experiences related sites for fans which has not been heard from a lot of years.

I read a comment from a moment in a theme related jokes, laughter hit me at the time. Then I realized it was something more serious. Not until the closing time did not think the old forum has been seen that post.

And... for the curious collection of items with animation so far.

Alex Kozma's creations

Main field
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Park
    [​IMG]

I have lived beautiful moments "together" by Farmerama and thank all those current and
    former neighbors and my friends virtual because they gave me occasionally one hand :

.kubeti., Fabinica, GrigorasDavid, Kubikus2010, RADY91, VFreya, adryannP, anutssa_a93, est-orka, iulian_chivu, marcela_f69 and the list is longggg...

and their: Kozma Alex and Zamfir Andrei.

Happy Birtdhay, Farmerama !
    [​IMG]

My username: andrew1997
    My user-ID: 4727684
    With love,
    Florin

LDCrow, marymac50, trishap58 and 4 others like this.
  2. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

I registered on the 12 of January 2011.
    I have a few cornerstones I would like to share with yous all.
    - about a week after I started playing I missed my bus because I had to harvest my Rubarb before going to work. FOCD caught already!
    - deciding "Sugar" and not "Eggs" was the way to go in the Artisan.
    - realizing the power of CAC before visiting the forum. It was Valentines 2011 and white and purple roses had to be handed in:
    - I first went to the Swedish forum, some really nice people there, Vaktel -still miss you! - but it was so quiet. So changed to English forum and have never looked back.
    - my first G&T happened shortly after this - March or April 2011 - and I was brought to tears how generous and unselfish my new found friends were. Especially Reva - still the sweets and most generous of farmers. A Reindeer II was like getting a pot of gold back then! There was also a lot of other farmers that sent gifts to me - I asked for a Butterfly and got 11!

But with good times comes bad: I miss all the people that are not here anymore: Birdlady1978/ABear70 - that I will sadly not meet any more :(
    but also chayy!! (how much I miss her:inlove:), horsecrazy, Grams2011 and lately CJ. And a lot of others of course!

My favorite Farmerama moment?

Mystery Farmers! Started by HazelUK once back in 2012 around Christmas I think, guessing was a totally random but oh what fun! My dear sglick has carried on the tradition and I was myself I mystery one a couple of years ago

not able to to add or edit?? What¨s with this

and it was just as much fun. I wish sglick, or someone else would bring back this wonderful game!

Sorry Mods for creating extra work but I see no edit button :sleepy:

Last edited by moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    LDCrow, meba091, Arrouquelas and 17 others like this.
  3. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

My second entry won't be much different from what most of you said about the forum community.
    I want to mention the date 25 of August 2014 when the new forum was introduced and it was the first day I wrote to the EN forum. I am so happy to be a part of this amazing community and I am glad I took the chance to come here!
    I believe we are all so lucky to have each other.:inlove: For most of us, playing farmerama is "a daily activity" and writing to the forum too!

It was fun when we used to play games here and I miss the Chat parties. I have been playing farmerama for 5 years and I would have stopped by now if I didn't share my news, achievements, questions in a place like this. What I have done all this years to my farm, I haven't done it alone it was a team work! ;)[​IMG]
    I wish Happy birthday to farmerama and I hope we will enjoy this game even more:D(I am not so sure we can do this:p)

Check here to watch one video I made :)

[​IMG]
    ID: 10154901

4. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Okay....I wasn't going tothis.....but Ariel's video got me choked up.:oops: Why? Because I knew every avatar pic on there...and who's it was. I stumbled onto this game over five year's ago. I too didn't post on the forum for quite a few months(I was scared...and a bit shy...imagine that? LOL)....but I finally did...b/c I needed help/advice for an event. The outpouring of great strategy advice and gifts(CAC's) from complete strangers bowled me over! From then on I was hooked!
    "Hi, my name is Brookeham, and I have FOCD!" xD

This game, and all you wonderful friends, have helped me through some very tough times in my life.:p The camaraderie, extremely helpful players and just those who give so generously of products, (pink pens), advice (both for game & life) and so much more!

I have had the pleasure of becoming very good friends from people around the world. To name just a few are a Beastie boy, a Took, a twisted sister, puppy, Arq, "C's" a miss know it all.....and a Queen(of Pink). I've even been able to meet a great farmer friend in RL!!!!

The games/competitions have been a blast!!!
    A great way to pass the time while crops & animals mature. But the best part was getting to know even better my fellow farmers!
    Yes, we've lost some well loved farmers....and they will always hold a place in my heart. My very 1st CAC(waaay before I could make any) was from Bella. I also miss chayy and others.
    Farmerama...and it's events actually make me look forward to getting up in the morning! With all my ailments, that is saying a lot! When there's a BBD or mystery stable event going.....I throw back the covers, get to my puter as fast as I can to see what I got! I feel like a young tot on Xmas morning.:)
    Thanks BP for all the great enjoyment and countless hours of fun, friendship and escape from real life!!!!
    Happy 6th anniversary to all! :inlove:

ID# 25181426

Last edited by moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    LDCrow, meba091, Arrouquelas and 20 others like this.
  5. pickles60

pickles60 Forum Connoisseur

After starting to play in 2012 I had nothing, no mentor until I almost reached level 40 and was a bit like spots, did not like to ask questions or ask for help in any way. Then I got into chat, kept just listening (reading) what other players were talking about and when I finally got the courage to join in I felt that I was being ignored, but then a few fellow farmers and a Mod stepped in, encouraged me and built my confidence. I did build a friendship with a very special person who sadly left the game :(. But I also had lots of support from other farmers within the first gift&trade event when I had nothing and so many farmers gave so many things without asking for anything in return :inlove:. With that help from everyone I am still playing @level 89 :D.

Happy Birthday Farmerama and all the Team :inlove::D:inlove:

Id: 47191804

papas7077, TCRooster, Mooboy and 6 others like this.
  6. julie1013

julie1013 Commander of the Forum

I was so happy when I found this game a couple of years ago. I also have health issues and this game and community has been a reprieve for me. I was very lucky to have a great mentor:music::music: He was very helpful and very patient with my many questions and even though there was a language difference we kept at it:D:D I remember the first event I ALMOST finished and that was the moment that I knew I can do it!!!:p:music::D So many players are so willing to help each other and share their knowledge and mistakes (yes, we can learn from other peoples mistakes;)) which makes me think that I personally have many mentors to this day and every day that I play:):) I may not have a very big social life in RL and am limited to how much I can actively do each day (COPD) but being able to farm and grow many crops, feed a wide variety of animals and harvest fruits and such from trees gives me a great sense of accomplishments:D:inlove::D Where else could you harvest Tentacles or Parrot feathers from trees?xDxDxD I :inlove::inlove::inlove: you Farmerama and am proud to be in the FOCD ClubxDxD

trishap58, papas7077, hatzeva and 2 others like this.
  7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

One of my most memorable moments on Farmerama was the SanGigantica Express. When BP first introduced the train, I did not have many stables to put on to recycle in the hopes of a jumbo stable. I did what I could and kept my fingers crossed I would get the Orange Jumbo Horse Stable that gives Shetland ponies. I was so disappointed not to have gotten one. Each time we have had the train visit our city, I have thrown everything I could on it and with the strategists of our game making recommendations about pens to purchase, I lost track of how many CCs were invested. Yes, they are not the best use of space/resources since they take so long but I just Had to have one! :p

I have shared that my favorite childhood pet was a chocolate brown Shetland pony named Billy Whiskers and named my 2nd farm for him. I got BW at age 5 after I fell off a pony and broke my arm. He carried me through many adventures until I was about 11 years old. My childhood is full of wonderful memories of that dear sweet guy and for that reason alone, I wanted the jumbo pen. They have never been included in Gift and Trade.

Finally, in February last year, I got one! :inlove: I was so happy and grateful to finally get this special pen. Now that BP has announced we will no longer have the train for jumbo trees and pens, it makes this pen all the more precious to me.:)

[​IMG]

ID:42614584

8. Rock*

Rock* Forum Apprentice

Back in summer 2010 I was totally shocked when a new epidemic started spreading around. Most of my friends kept talking about… carrots. I had totally no idea what was the reason for this carrot-mania, but it looks like suddenly carrots made the world go round.
    Seeding carrots, harvesting carrots, selling carrots… well, if you didn’t know the current price of carrots, you should better keep your mouth shut, as this meant that you had nothing interesting to say.
    This agriculture passion was really hard to explain, especially when you realize that all those carrot maniacs lived in a big city and just a few had summer gardens where they could grow anything. The rest could at most have a pot with a bit of soil on their balcony or window sills. You can imagine how blown away I was when after a few weeks I found out that all those carrots were totally virtual.
    A that moment the idea of running a virtual farm to grow up virtual carrots, lettuce or corn seemed completely ridiculous to me. I was absolutely sure that there’s nothing on earth that could make me take part in this madness. But never say never, as wise people say…

It was a rainy and gloomy October day, when I come to my workplace and turned my computer on. As always at that time, I first loaded the webpage of my favorite rock radio station (it was broadcasting from the U.S. and I live in Europe, so a live webcast was the only way to listen to it). The first thing that caught my eye was a colorful advertisement that completely didn’t match the black, “hard as a rock” website. Some strange looking animals with staring eyes were inviting me to their farm world.
    I thought that maybe during a lunch break I will at least check what this farm mess is all about. I quickly registered an account, started the tutorial and… got back to work.
    But feeling really bad because of the depressing weather outside, I had problems with concentrating on what I was supposed to do. All the time I was thinking about the wheat and lettuce that was ready to harvest a long time ago.
    During a short break that I had, I hoped to quickly finished the tutorial. But waiting for the first chicken that was required to do it, seems to take ages. No need to add that waiting for my first apples seemed like forever.

I didn’t even notice when I totally sunk in the game. In just a few hours I got addicted to leveling up and eagerly waiting to see what new plant I will get on the next stage. Pretty fast I learned that it’s not wise to leave anything growing on the fields when I won’t be able to log for more than a day. I also learned that rain might be the biggest pest for precious crops. It took me a couple of days to figure out why may chicken coops didn’t give me a single egg, that I desperately needed for the ongoing event (that were times when catching an offer from someone who was selling eggs was almost like mission impossible). Discovering the Board and the FAQ section was almost like finding a new planet that let me to further exciting discoveries.

I must admit that I was not brave enough to tell any of my carrot-maniac friends that I felt on exactly same disease like they did. But after a few weeks of playing all alone I had to share my secret with somebody. I told about the game to a friend of mine who never before heard about the carrot epidemics. She started her adventure with Farmerama exactly one month later than I did, I we both share the passion till today.

There were many exciting moments during my trip through the game like finishing an event for the very first time, like getting to Bahamarama, like first secret seedlings event, or reaching the hundred level mark (what was extremely important for someone who is addicted to leveling up).

But what was, is and always will be the most important about Farmerama are the people who create the game and built the Farmerama community. Thanks to the game I had the pleasure and honor to meet a lot of wonderful people. With some of them I had also contact outside the board and with some I even had a chance to meet face to face.
    I can clearly say that Farmerama is truly connecting people and that’s probably one of the biggest advantages of the game that also stands behind its huge success.

ID: 14239284

9. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello lovely Farmers,

Thank you all for the wonderful memories shared :inlove: we hope you have enjoyed this competition as much as we did.

The thread will now be closed, as the deadline for submitting entries has been reached - thank you for participating and sharing with us. We will now draw the line and find out the winner entries.
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

- thread closed -

trishap58 and spotsbox like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.