Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Voldemort, Sep 10, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voldemort

Voldemort Junior Expert

Howdy Farmers,

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the Farmerama Comic #5: The Storm , in this Feedback thread.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found Here, If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section

- this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Your Farmerama Team

2. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

This event is a challenge for the players because it has a 4hour seed, an 8hour seed and cakes that have to be harvested for cupcake points. So it is an event that needs good strategy to be completed. For the old players I believe is good but for the new ones it will be difficult.
    :)

3. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

To begin, though you gave us some advance notice, the way it was worded and the 14 hour advance limit made it difficult or impossible for those of us in some time zones or with odd work schedules to earn the initial bonus cupcakes. As usual, your messages are catered basically to people who already know what it going on, NOT to everyone else. Had I known you would offer a bonus, but ONLY if I cliced on fuzzles within 14 hours of the event starting, I could have waited to get my fuzzle bonus. instead, you just gave a blurb about a special event and "watch for more details".... details that came only AFTER it was too late for most of us!!!

Beyond that, its not just difficult (as the above poster stated), but the event is complicated (and therefore likely to be misunderstood by many) and doesn't seem to offer many rewards. I was going to participate, but after reading though the FAQs, I don't think I will bother -- its just going to be a waste of my time.

The last event, to contrast, was a pretty nice one. I have seen a lot of comments similar to mine, but though you ask for feedback, it does not seem you bother to pay attention. As long as you get a couple of positives, you are happy.

4. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

woody: Fuzzles will give cupcakes each time you collect your daily login bonus during the event. The daily reset was 14 hours prior to the event start time. Fuzzles started giving out cupcakes 14 hours in advance exactly so that no one would miss the cupcakes even if they collected their daily login bonus before the event started. So I think a lot of your unhappiness is based on a misunderstanding.

The last event was a pretty standard event which a lot of players find boring. I think that is why the game team try to make some of the events different. They have stated in a news letter that at the moment they are trying out different concepts to see what players like. Some of them may not work so well, but I appreciate the effort and think some of the new things are very nice.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Arielh and steph2014 like this.
  5. julie1013

julie1013 Commander of the Forum

I sure hope the comic book drops pick up soon. I just harvested 299 (1x1) plots and got 8 comic books for all that clicking. With my trophies totaling 20% (and yes, I let them sit for over 10 seconds and switched out of the field and back in) I would like to think more drops would be had. Think I'll go back outside and finish weeding. Maybe that's where they are! ;) (Make that 21% if it makes that much difference)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  6. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Players that clicked within that 14 hour time get a bonus, then again when they click in the normal 24 hour frame. Also, the way it was worded in the initial announcement, it definitely sounded as if there was an extra bonus accumulating, but then that did not happen.

In truth, the details are minor. The real issue is that this is just another example of not clarifying in ways that everyone, particularly newer players who are not used to your ways of doing things, might understand. Maybe you need a better "vetting" process in your communications, because it seems a common thread.... you think you are perfect clear, but really you are "perfectly clear" mostly to those who already basically know how things work in various quests and such.

Per the "new ideas". Absolutely, you need to try new things and certainly that means some are going to be better than others, some even fail. In my book, this was a flop.

My point about rewards is that the rewards for this event seem only valuable to people who have reached the point where they cannot get many new rewards any longer, and are therefore willing to spend a lot of time and game items on relatively minor rewards (IF they have not left prior to that point, of course) Just because its the only way the can get anything additional. At level 75, I can get a lot more "bang for my buck" through the "normal" quests and such.

You do need to "change things up" for higher players... but if that is your goal, then maybe you need to have some "tiered" quests, ones that are only available the higher players. You could pair this with a different quest, geared toward lower level players (but why not let the higher level players choose to play that if they prefer.. just not both). To get back to my initial point, though, none of that will work if you don't explain better. (then again, a puzzle quest for higher level players, where things are intentionally not explained is a reasonable idea, but you still need to be clear that this is what you are doing!)

farmlily3 likes this.
  7. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello woody, :oops:

I will try my best to explain the first cupcakes login bonus, as there was no advantage given to anyone.

The farm day begins at midnight CEST - that is when the daily login bonus resets. The event started on the 10th, at 14 CEST - which is 14 hours after the farm day began. To make sure that nobody is losing Cupcakes, Fuzzles didn't start giving them as bonus for the 2nd part of the day only (after the event started), but at midnight - this way, players who collected the bonus before the event began did not miss out on the first 30 cupcakes. Therefore, no matter when a player logged into the game, in the 24 hours length of the farm day, the cupcakes were handed out (if the Fuzzles daily login bonus was collected). So, nobody got an extra bonus, this minor change was implemented to make sure nobody misses out on it and all farmers can collect the same amount of cupcakes. The 14 hours were the first 14 hours of the 24 hours of the day, prior to the next 10 hours, from after the event start. I hope this makes sense :oops:

steph2014 likes this.
  8. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I haven't really got my head around the event yet but love the challenge. My main reason for posting here is to point out that there is no warning that the last seeds are about to be donated. There is a default that holds back the last 10 seeds when donating but in other events or FSQs, there is usually a window asking if you really want to use your last seeds. I have always felt this was a good reminder to farmers that they still need seeds to plant. :)

9. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum General

This is the first Comic Event I am doing.

I love the cupcakes - my only complaint is that I feel hungry everytime I look at them!

The mix of 4 hour and 8 hour crops should suit all of us and the amounts seem reasonable.

I am again dissapointed that there are no Baha prizes except for the crops on Baha which get points.
    The other rewards are reasonable and a cloud row is always good.

I would give this event 8 out of 10.

10. RedHeartBeauty

RedHeartBeauty Forum Greenhorn

I cannot find my cupcakes....I have icing but no cupcakes. I have logged in every day (several times per day) but there is no sign of them....However I do have the lovely pink icing......mmmmm

11. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

They should be together with your decorations (ep items) :)

I think it is better to post questions like these in General Issues, not in the feedback thread ;)

12. pferdepferdefarm

pferdepferdefarm Active Author

Worst drop rate I have ever encountered. All field running throughout the time and not even half the drops needed for the challenge. Very disappointed. Will miss because of drops for first time in 3 years.

hinkleberryfinn, julie1013 and Arielh like this.
  13. gggg806

gggg806 Advanced

I liked this event, but will fail to finish as my drop rates have been too low.

As this is only the second time that I've failed to finish an event, I'm not looking forward to the look of the imcomplete cloud row.

Arielh and julie1013 like this.
  14. julie1013

I was enjoying this event at the beginning and thought I would have plenty of time to get everything. Finished my crops with no problem but have been stressing as to whether I will have enough comic books to finish. Thought they were scarce on just my farm but it appears others are encountering the same problem. :eek: I am pleased to say I will make my comic book quota. Thanks to those who helped me out! xDxDxD

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    gggg806 likes this.
  15. julie1013

desi20, I am so sorry to hear that.:( :( I really hope you find a way to finish your comic books.

16. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Overall, a nice event. Here are some suggestions:
    1. Prizes that would be helpful in doing the event should be offered sooner in the event (helper coupons, CAC, etc.)
    2. If you allow partial completion of a step, it should be the one that is the hardest to achieve. Everyone could easily complete the step with the cupcake points. All they have to do is collect the cupcakes daily, plant them and do not harvest until they are complete.
    3. I love the combination of 8 hour and 4 hour crops. It fits a working persons schedule with less time wasted than some of the other time combinations.
    4. Drop rates seem to be getting worse and worse. My trophies are Living Legend at 29% and I was harvesting event crops pretty much on time, as well as planting higher level crops, etc. Yet, with about 18% time left (26 hours), I still need 33% of the drops (312 still needed). :mad:>:( Unless the drop rate drastically increases, I won't be able to complete the last step ONLY because of poor drop rates.

I think BP has gotten a very clear message from players in feedback from past events that we HATE not being able to complete an event because of drop rates, yet this continues to be a problem -- it actually seems much worse with this event.

farmlily3 and julie1013 like this.
  17. ortrud_oc

ortrud_oc Padavan

A lovely event -difficult, but doable - the addition of growing the cupcakes made this very interesting. And the "changing" cupcakes were brilliant. A good, imaginative - and not a run of the mill - event. Well done.

18. AuntMoe

AuntMoe Junior Expert

I liked the crops, but we have been doing 8 hr crops for the last several events. I like the way the cupcakes looked but it is the barrel thing all over again. I dislike the barrel thing. The good and helpful prizes are at the end instead of the beginning. Kinda like a belated birthday gift. The drops are way too low. I am at level 91 and I started playing along time ago before all the changes that let you get to higher levels in a matter of months. I will not finish this event because of the drops. It is ridiculous. I am over the Comic Book. Lets move on.

farmlily3 likes this.
  19. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

I like the 4/8 hr combo as it suits my working hours better. The huge amounts of crops did get boring. However, the challenge was welcome. The cupcakes are so cute, but I do wish they gave ep when harvesting.

julie1013 likes this.
  20. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Huge amounts of comic books ... this was the difficult part...

desi20 and julie1013 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.