"Summer Days" - Weekend Quests

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Jun 11, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

No worries, it's all good. 8) I was/am frustrated because it feels like my attempts to "share my secrets" aren't actually helping anyone and I'm just wasting my time and energy repeating things everyone already knows. I didn't arrive at my decision because your words hurt me, but because what you said was further proof that my posts weren't nearly as helpful as I thought. Your comment made me realize that for some farmers, the problem is not due to a lack of knowledge about the most effective tactics but rather, how they are applied. This is useful info for me so I'm grateful for your feedback, regardless of whether it was intended as criticism or not. I welcome criticism with open arms if it's justified. :)

Unfortunately, I can only share general tactics in the hopes that people will adapt them to their schedules and the capabilities of their farms as they see fit.

I don't see any point in writing strategy posts anymore because I feel like I'm preaching to the choir and hitting a nerve with everyone else. That's why I think it's best for me to leave the strategy stuff to the others who understand what it's like to scramble for drops and can share tips on what worked for them in a way that resonates.

My so-called "secrets" are the same tactics I've freely shared in the past. I have some drop-boosting CRs and a lot of Howies, all of which were earned without spending money. Since drop rate is dependent on base growing time, I use a longer crop whose growing time can be reduced by the greatest percentage possible with the aid of refinements and other buffs (alchemist, CR, etc.) during the event; the crops I swear by when it comes to generating drops efficiently are refined valerian for higher-level farms and refined raspberries for lower-level farms. I only use instant crops in emergencies when I am short by a handful of drops and that has only happened to me twice on my main farm during events with extreme crop requirements.

321 is far lower than I could have possibly imagined. I am at a loss for words. :eek: How... o_O

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  2. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Zero - I'm just an ordinary girl, living out in the countryside in Sweden. I wear baggy trousers, have solky t-shirts and 4 Golden rertrivers, with all the doghair as an extra bonus. My posts has never been personal and it hurts that you think they are. Let's stop, and enjoy the rest of our summer. Hugs :inlove:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  3. zerodegrees

@hatzeva

Nooooo, I didn't take it personally. Your post was helpful! Maybe I'm not explaining this right... What you told me helped me find an answer to a question I had been asking myself for a while now. I needed to hear this! Please don't be hurt... My mind was pretty much made up before you even replied - that's why I haven't been posting much about strategy lately. :p You actually did me a favor and lifted a burden from my shoulders that was really weighing me down. Now I can just focus on having fun. :) If I can't find my fun here, I can just leave guilt-free. :D

Golden retrievers are the best. It must be heaven living with 4 of them. :inlove: Hugs back at ya. :inlove:

4. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

[​IMG]

Yes. Goldens are the meaning of life! Here are two of our four fury babies. Flicka 1 and Lisa 2 years old, inspecting the roof of our old SAAB. Just 6 month ago and it looked like this, and now tropical heat. Puh it's hot!!

5. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

How? I have two without spending money. First one I got from G&T before it was needed in Tree of wisdom and second one is from some event. One is standing in same position, I move it only, when drops are given only in some another area. I hated moving statues from one field to another collecting crops and I would hate moving heard of Howies as well, but perhaps in desperate times...

Please share your stategies, even you feel you've done that before. We have saying Repetition is the mother of learning. My strategy to start events are often the laziest one. I just fill small fields with suitable plant before I go to sleep and collect it, when event starts :p

6. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Zerrodegrees, please don't stop posting. Its helpful to us. A lot helpful. We may not express that in words many a times. But your posts are very helpful. Post when you feel like. If stressful take break for a day or two ( we are selfish you know, we won't let you take break more than that ;):p) and come back. I really miss lot of our friends who have stopped posting. We don't want to miss you too.

hatzeva - I love dogs. Your dogs are beautiful. I think you have a lovely time with those dogs around. Dogs make you feel loved.

7. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Zerodegrees - I vote that you keep giving us handy hints and strategies. Even after 10 years of farming I still get little nuggets of help either because I never knew about it, or because I just plain forgot! Please give us your widsom - your knowledge of the game is much greater than mine.
    At least we don't have to grow crops to complete this event and I have nearly all the drops I need. I binged on instant roses so only need a couple of hundred more which I will get easily.

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Howies are weird. First of all, when they were introduced into the game, was when I first started playing. And I only had sewinglady's farm. They were bonuses received when you purchased barnyard bills. So you pretty much had to purchase them to get them or their "bandmates". If you remember when that was, you know how long I've been playing - it's going on 8 or 9 years...

I have spent money on Howies. (obviously). But I've also gotten at least one or two via G&T and I think I remember getting one as a reward from an event...or something like that.

Anyway, must say to Hatzeva, such beautiful furbabies! And the snow! in your photo...we here in Montana are envious as this year we didn't get a lot of snow, at least not when it counted and our snowpack is so low that we are in a drought now.

And zerodegrees - you better keep posting. I learn things from you all the time. There are always new strategies to be learned - and adapted to our own style of farming.

So now, the reason I am posting in this thread: This last weekend of this event we must mill special items using drop items (coco water), salamander sun collectors and maples. So we need at least one, if not several nights of long-timed crops to get drops as many of us were short drops at the end of the last weekend quest and just squeaked by, so very few extras in our barns for this upcoming final weekend.

Why is this an issue? Because the new event, which begins tomorrow, has us planting that event crop on the green meadow. It's not a long enough overnight crop to get us a decent drop rate. So REMEMBER! On Thursday night (and maybe Friday, too) plant a long-timed crop, not the event crop...get those drops. And it's early in the week - if you need maples or sun collectors - buy 'em NOW before the price goes through the roof and/or there aren't any to be had.

9. zerodegrees

Thank you all for the reassurances that my efforts haven't been in vain. :) It has given me a lot to think about, that's for sure. Didn't mean for this to become a whole discussion so I apologize for derailing the thread, but I really do appreciate all of your comments. Just need some time to think and reassess my priorities.

Your babies are gorgeous, hatzeva. :inlove: Goldens are so loving and my heart melts into a puddle of goo every time I see one - two is even better. :D Thanks for the pic!

I got most of mine through G&T by trading away items for which there was high demand and low supply. A lot of people like to chase after the latest shiny thing so I use that to my advantage to get things that will make my farm more resilient long-term. 8)

Good advice but will it be enough? I feel like most players are going to need the whole weekend to grow nothing but longer refined crops on the green meadow (not just overnight but during the day as well) to get enough drops together for the next quest. Might need to take it a step further and use or spin for a harvest bonus to get some of those scrunchies out of the way while the green meadow is still available. That will free up the green meadow for longer refined crops over the weekend so you can maximize drops and not waste precious time growing scrunchies there for the other event.

10. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Third cloud row up and running. Now to relax.

11. Meggan2010

Meggan2010 Junior Expert

Well I have just realised that unless one finishes every w/e quest without missing one step then it is not possible to get the 3rd CR.
    I have calculated that I will be 10 Gear coins short.
    I am not happy as doing the quests was hard enough. I do not even think it is worth going for the CR fillers as I have little room for extras so I am giving up on this - I worked really hard to try and finish but there is no way I can as it is the gear coins I need.
    Not happy !

ctindaldavies likes this.
  12. zerodegrees

I wish you had posted sooner but just in case it's not too late, you should get the 3rd CR and try to get any missing givers through G&T. Missing givers can be replaced, the CR cannot.

morva, ctindaldavies and sanddollar15 like this.
  13. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

If Build/buy SDMS-row 1 ?

Can I get +250% EP from all ep-givers in/from my "hounted manor" ?
    If so, then I must use Quick-roses today about 14.00 CET and get 400 more drops.

I think row1 is (if answers to my question is "yes") more usable than row2 witch is more cheaper. No time tot G-Translate, sorry bad english, maybe You understand my guestion :)

14. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

I agree with you, I think rows 1 and 3 are more useful than row 2, which is why I have left row 2 to last.

Anyone, please, keep posting what you find helpful, even if you do feel like you are repeating yourself. There are always new players that come online and read but don't, or cannot, say anything. It's always helpful. However, sometimes a little more base information may help. One thing I have just learned from this thread in particular is that there are CRs that give drop boosts. I didn't know that. I don't have any. It's been a year and unless I have missed it (totally possible btw) nobody has mentioned them in that time frame. At the start of the last event I couldn't understand such a huge difference between my 400 plus drops on fields of hydrangeas and sag when others were getting 600 plus and 800 plus. I understand some players are using many more howies than I, but I also know, some are not. I have 3 howies on my fields and the one in the tree (side note only 1 was gained when they were first introduced regardless of how much money I spent, but I have what feels like a thousand Brian Schnitzels -.-) and move them around if needed, I have a decent game level and I have trophies maxed out. I am beginning to believe that it is the CRs that are making the most difference in drops. But I hate moving howies as they often don't seem to do much good. I have said this since the beginning of howie's introduction, a 5% chance is just that, a chance. 5% of 0 is still 0 LOL I don't believe they stack giving a 15% chance, however the more you have the more chance one of your 5%s will take (just my thoughts). The reason I say they don't seem to do much good on their own is I have 3 sitting on the green meadow and I am not moving them. My main farm has 10 more 1x1 plots than the meadow. However, even with 3 howies sitting in the meadow, and using the event scrunchies as a base, I got 4 more scrunchies from the main farm field than I did on the meadow holding 3 howies. On the times that I have had the same number of plots on both fields, I may get 1 drop more from the field with the howies on it or I may get 3 or 4 less than the field without.

Anyway, I think my point is it's the hidden, forgotten information that I have found most helpful. Doesn't help me physically as I cannot get a CR that boosts drops, but it is most helpful understanding what is different and giving me hope that one may be reintroduced as a reward one day. I have totally abandoned trying to get more refinements for the time being as the constant events makes growing the crop requirements difficult. Roses were easy because it was pretty much all I grew in between events before I stopped playing . For those not around back then, we had events only every second month, then it progressed to once a month, 2 if we were lucky. We didn't have refinements but most of us grew roses because it gave the most ep per minute. But please, keep mentioning and explaining refinements, because it's a great reminder that they are one of my goals, even if I cannot do them now. They take a very very long time to accumulate.

Now, can somebody pleaseeeeeeee explain Comfort Fields for dummy's. I have read the FAQ, understand the basics but I cannot seem to make them work for me when I try to use them. I know illy loves them, and they seem to help her overnight for event crops, but when I try, I walk away with way less crop numbers than I would have gotten doing 2 harvests of the standard plots and feel duped, especially when you take the missing drops into consideration. Help.....

*edit* oops I was wrong - the recent Octotastic CR gives a 5% "chance" of a drop increase on Baha every 444 hours xD. I have that one.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  15. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

I've not really tried that hard with this whole event, and have only purchased row 3. That being said, I mistakenly purchased Bear Squash and Staying Afloat givers when I need Right In the Squiddle and Playing Both Sides. :p:cry: If anyone wants to trade next G&T let me know. :)

ctindaldavies and 12ss12 like this.
  16. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Try doing the calculations without using CAC. Then the number of crops per plot will all be the same. But if you use CAC and calculate thent he numbers will not be even.

Mooboy asked a question about Comfort field and drops here and here is the reply:-
    https://board-en.farmerama.com/threads/comfort-fields.40534/#post-268434

1. Comfort fields never provided double the drop rate. They provide more crops when harvested and extra EP. They also provide more revenue when used with Suzy's Super-grow. They can be useful when growing shorter crops.

2. Thanks for your reply as I been playing farmerama for 10 years they did give double drop initially but the Comfort Field FAQ has been Changed back in 2017

3. The comfort fields will produce more drops per field compared to using regular fields as the crops take 4 x longer, therefore they are planted for longer than regular crops

Here is illy's calculation on comfort field

Comfort Fields are good if you have the SG and Suzi's SSG. For each 2x2 plot, you get 23 plants BUT you need 3 seeds to plant so I use the calculation of each plot gives 20 plants if you use SSG and CAC. That makes 880 per harvest. :p
    With 1x1s, depending whether you use the whole field but for comparison purposes, 176 1x1s with CAC, you will net 704 but again you need to factor in planting seeds so that makes 704 - 176 = 528 total plants. :)
    It all depends what you have got to speed things and, of course, how much time you have to do the harvesting. :D

Strategy Thread "A Gothic Story"
    spots, I aim at getting an empty 2nd row. I will let you know after I purchase it. I can't get its EP givers.

Hi spots, I would like to have both the EP givers. Tell me what you want in return for it in next G&T.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    ctindaldavies and spotsbox like this.
  17. asta.neiti

asta.neiti Forum Pro

This event is :wuerg::cry::mad:>:(:(

18. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Thanks 12ss12. I saw Mooboy's post a few weeks ago. I haven't seen this one from illy before. It might be the SG I hadn't accounted for. It's been a while so will have to give it another little test. Thank you very much.

19. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I ended up growing instant carnations, while gold slots were empty for buffs and chestnut row ready.

20. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

If I have enough SG and SSG, I sometimes use CFs overnight - with some White Innocence and Fruit Cake, sometimes no water or manure is needed. BUT CFs are no good if you are after drops. Maximum from 44 CFs would be 44, in comparison to a "possible" 176 drops with 1x1s, it's a no-brainer. :p
    There are drop boosting CRs? No idea if I have them or not! xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.