Unification of markets.

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by imalattanhalka, Jul 29, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

I guess there are about 40 markets. Some markets are really empty. There are no products on the shelves of the markets because there are not enough players.
    Some products are never put on the market.
    As someone who spends a lot of time in the market, I think the markets should be more active.
    I have a suggestion for this situation. About 40 markets can be combined in groups of 4.
    (Or in appropriate numbers).
    In this way, competition increases and there is vitality in the markets.

Thanks to this idea, I think we will have easier and quicker access to many products.
    What are you thinking?

(Ps: I don't know if there has been a thread on this topic before. I looked but couldn't find it.)

Solatido likes this.
  2. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Who has time to grow something to sell?

sanddollar15 likes this.
  3. imalattanhalka

To give an example: I buy and stock products when they are cheap. I sell it when it's worth it. I am constantly trading. Buy and sell, Buy and sell, Buy and sell ...
    So farmerama isn't just about growing crops for people like me. We also satisfy our trade ego.;):)xD

Ps: It is much more enjoyable to trade than to harvest 8):D

FrootloopGrove likes this.
  4. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Untill BP stops the multi account future, there's no such thing as fair competition in the markets.
    All new items on the market start with the EV amount in CC. This makes the selling price way too low for e.g. most breeds, considered the investment it takes.
    Oh, and the team seems too busy working hard on other complex priorities thousands of players have been asking for for ages. See the latest game update here

imalattanhalka likes this.
  5. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Do you sell cheap? ;) Who wants to sell cheap? Seed shop is to buy cheap xD, but it is so limited. Everybody want sell at top price, when there is huge demand and prices are high. We have no longer free cuckoos as drops and all fruits are expensive. Sometimes I wonder where I get all the coins without selling anything, those days are over, when you had to sell something to get some coins you desperately needed.

New FSQs ask so much everything and events after events after events take time for many farmers, so they have no time grow anything to sell.

6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Not a fan of combining markets.:oops: If there is not a product on a market, it is because the farmer has grown the crop or made the product for their own use as mentioned above for Events, or to do quests. When I do want to buy or sell on my market I do not want to have to compete with people who are not farming they are just playing the market! This IS a farm game after all NOT a "Market game" Just my humble opinion! :music:

7. imalattanhalka

I think it was a problem because I don't know English well. Of course, I'm not selling cheap. I buy cheap and sell high.xD

People can and should have many different opinions. Thus, diversity arises. Diverse ideas create better ideas.
    I understand you. However, if the number of players in the markets decreases, the price of many products becomes incredibly expensive. It is necessary to establish this balance well. There are so many FSQs that they just don't end with cultivating. Even the time left from the events is not enough.

Of course, the whole market should not be combined into a single market. But as I mentioned earlier in my article, it may be good to reduce the number 40 to 10-15.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  8. sanddollar15

I think it is called "Choice" being in a market as it is now, any farmer can pick and choose how high or low they want to sell their item for, at that point it is then up to the "buyer" if you want to pay the price being asked. Adding more markets together is only going to help people "playing the market" NOT everyday farmers who take the time to grow their crops, or make their trade products or breed their animals to sell. Still not a fan!;)

9. imalattanhalka

When the "last market player" leaves the game, you will appreciate and miss them.xDxDxD8)

sanddollar15 likes this.
  10. sanddollar15

Do you really think that will happen?!:oops:xDxDxD

imalattanhalka likes this.
  11. allycat89

allycat89 Forum Greenhorn

Can you please tell me how you sell the crops?

12. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

LOL this is very very important...don't you know xDxD:music:

-Päärynä11 and sanddollar15 like this.
  13. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Well as someone with multiple farms on two different markets, plus a handful of fallow farms on a handful of other markets, I can say that I agree with part of what imalattanhalka is getting at. I know that his main farm is on Market #9 - same as my main farm, sewinglady. Parts of that market are dead. If they ever come back to life, it'll be a miracle. The prices are so low for colored (breeding) animals that it's a joke. No one bothers to list them, no one bothers to look to see if there are any for sale, it's awful.

I suspect that many of the formerly BigFish farmers were on #9. Some were able to migrate their farms. Some were not. Some chose to just quit playing altogether. Their loss left the #9 market a real mess on every platform from crops to crafted items. It has taken the better part of 2021 for the #9 market to recover and I give credit to a handful of farmers, including imalattanhalka for reviving it.

Now, I am pretty sure that those farmers also have big fat CC accounts to show for all that wheeling and dealing. But, it takes time, so this does not bother me. I've done my own fair share of wheeling and dealing over the years...and I'm okay with where I'm sitting.

So do I think we should combine markets? Not sure about that in total...but, if there are under-populated servers, maybe those could be combined to have a single more robust market.

I get why BP has set our markets up to be "dynamic" - but, that only works if people actually buy and sell. During the last herbs event (the one where we can sell our 3 excess event plants on the market), the dysfunction of market #9 was in evidence. During previous iterations of that event, the prices for all three event plants went up very quickly on #9 and got to quite astronomical prices very quickly. This time around, hardly anyone ever listed even a single plant and the price never rose to more than a few CCs. No one listed the plants. Yes the few that were listed were sold because the price was so cheap...but there was not enough repeated listing of more for sale to raise the price more than a coin or two above the minimum set by BP. At the end of the event, the price was still at "meh" levels. Thus proving that a dynamic market is only as dynamic if there is buying and selling...if no one is buying and no one is selling, you get meh.

Sister3, Mooboy and imalattanhalka like this.
  14. Greek-Guy

Greek-Guy Forum Connoisseur

I play since 2011 (but with a different farm and numerous breaks). Up until my last long-term break (2018-2021), the market was a place full of life and you could find anything you want at rational prices most of the time.

I recently came back to the game, after I left in 2018. I visited the market to buy some goods in order to complete some quests in Farmer's Society. I was in shock. In just 3 years, my market (13) has turned into a borderline desert. There aren't any offers in many rare goods like rare tree fruits and animal products. And worst of all, the existing offers have skyrocketed in terms of price. I didn't know if the problem was in certain markets or was catholic.

Unfortunately, after reading this thread, my conclusion is that all markets face the same problem for one big reason: people have stopped playing Farmerama. I really really hope players will come back one day. But I can't see this happening at all. It'll remain an unfulfilled hope.

15. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

I don't know what market I'm in - how do you find out?

16. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

Calculate Your Market

Bisquitte likes this.
  17. sueperkins

sueperkins Forum Connoisseur

How many active players are there? Not many games really want you to know that especially if the numbers are low or are in decline. I can understand the multiple markets especially when you are allowed to have multiple farms. "Insider Trading" should be avoided.

I will guess that they are just rotating which market a new account gets assigned. So if they get 41 new players only #1 and #41 will get assigned to the same market. But the Devs should easily be able to see which markets are seriously short on active players and be able to adjust how many new player accounts get assigned to low player volume markets. Of course that being said, it would take active management to accomplish this market repopulation.

I have also heard of game companies that will put out a new game and after a few years when player numbers start to drop will move onto new projects and will put the older game into "Coasting or Auto-pilot mode" and will provide minimal support and updates just to keep the interest of the existing player base as long as it is still showing a profit. Whether this game is being treated as such, I do not know nor would I want to speculate.

Bisquitte and solotime like this.
  18. Eonn

Eonn Someday Author

A solution to many of the market problems : reset the market/s!

Happy farming,
    E. Le' Phant

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    Bisquitte and solotime like this.
  19. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

There never used to be so many markets when the game started. I think it was 8. And multi accounts were prohibited, with the threat of a ban. But as the player numbers grew, so too did the need to increase the market numbers, solely because the markets kept crashing. I know times have changed, technology is better. I just view the market as what it is. Mine is mostly pfft.

Bisquitte and sanddollar15 like this.