Feedback Unity Open Beta Feedback/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by shooger.sweet, Sep 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

I did not know the platform itself was so bad cause I am no gaming expert. But hey, the game in Unity definitely is bad. If you're right and there is no improving to the level of ease which flash offered, guess this game will see a big exodus of players. I myself will not continue beyond Flash unless the Unity performance improves substantially. Hope they can make it. If not ....... who's gonna hassle like that forever, tell me?

Aluntino, swCactus1, mausorvo and 3 others like this.
  2. jnnythct

jnnythct Junior Expert

Single click doesn't always work for me - I wish it did!

ntuncer4257 likes this.
  3. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

I noticed this post regarding slow game response:
    Disturbing. Hope we get some clarification.

swCactus1 and jäniksenpelätti like this.
  4. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

I figured that out on my own - I harvest most CRs with the harvester function, save for the plant/tree ones. Those I harvest manually as I don't activate the ones I want to 'save for later', don't need that day, etc. Now, with Unity, I have to be very purposeful and slow - waiting for the little leaves to get around all three visible rows before harvesting any of the 3. Thank goodness I only have to do that with those rows. I'd spend all day harvesting CRs if I had to do them all manually on all 3 farms. Ugh.

5. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

I figured that out too. :) Stay with Flash as long as possible, and then see. :) The fact is, that Unity is ridiculously unresponsive for many. Wonder if there are some for whom Unity plays as comfortable and fast as Flash.

BTW anyone knows if we download client, can we still comfortably switch between client and Unity browser?

6. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I find the Standalone client download to work as well as Flash. It doesn't have a refresh button so it does mean log outs and back in again. It is fairly comfortable and fast. Unity, for me, is very slow ....slow to get in, slow to respond/harvest even with machinery, pets/buffs expire, some actions don't appear to 'take' (register with the system) but they do so it is a visual glitch, freezes often with spinning sunflowers and it doesn't matter which browser I use. Under Unity, my seed menu is awful. I"ve already posted screenshots of those and it still continues so it makes it so very difficult to plant crops that it is close to impossible. The client download is my best option when Farmerama has to permanently migrate to Unity. I would like to see the zoom feature be customizable or at least have smaller increments to use so that you don't go from too small a screen to one that is too large. I think the Team has worked hard to keep all of us playing and I think there will continue to be improvements, but I will stay in Flash until the last day.

Yes, I think you can switch between using a browser and the download. I have just to try to find what works best for my computer.

7. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

I'm staying with Flash also, just curious. Will sort client/Unity browser when Flash no longer available. If you could just check for me - since you use client (or anyone else using client) - if you can also access Unity web without uninstalling the client. Thanks.

Peanut1492 and stacymaya like this.
  8. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

You can. To log in with the client, I use the desktop shortcut that is created during download/installation. To log in with Unity, you use a browser. I have tried Opera, Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Peanut1492, stacymaya and BlackCaviar like this.
  9. Chloe3456

Chloe3456 Someday Author

I have also found Unity to be way to slow to play. It is a complete waste of time (like 2hrs. of my time). Buffs expire long before I can harvest all of my fields. With Unity the game, for me, is unplayable. I do try the Client but it has many problems too. It freezes every, single time I go to the Main field. No matter what. It freezes multiple times anyways. I have to X out and log back in at least 5x. It is very, very frustrating. It takes sooooo long to clear every field, park etc. And to do this with multiple farms is just impossible for me. Also, it is too small to see. I wish there was a way to make it larger. It also appears to have no character or no animated personality. It seems just very mechanical. At this point when flash is gone, I will only be logging in once per day just to collect/send gifts. My daily log in streak was 1200 days but I have given up on that now. It used to matter to me but with all of the frustration lately on the farm I have lost interest. I am now at Zero. There will no longer need to buy a harvester or stay a premium member. I have already let one expire on another farm. I know eventually I will just loose interest all together and drop the game. I have been playing for 5 + years and hope that things will improve. I hope that somehow the unity will become like flash. Keeping my fingers crossed!o_O

10. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

The more I play on Unity, the more concerned I become that my nearly 11-year stint on Farmerama is coming to an early end.

It takes me hours to harvest everything. Unity randomly freezes and I have to refresh multiple times, often even within one harvest. I harvest a whole field only to find out it didn't save, needed refreshing, and has to be done again.

I've been on my farm all day and yet have barely harvested, where in Flash I can harvest multiple times a day.

I love this game and I don't want to leave. But I can't dedicate all day every day just to meeting the basic targets I can meet in an hour on flash.

11. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I understand you need money to make game work, but it is too much to get same add every time I refresh game and game needs to be refreshed often. >:(

jäniksenpelätti and mausorvo like this.
  12. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

squigglegiggle, You not the only one I too love this game,I am currently playing this on my phone I am using flash it been super fast lately it appears to be faster now than before maybe to do with less players login in whom already frustrated using the slowness of unity,even using devices faster than my phone it makes no sense nor it will not be convincing better than flash it I doubt it I wish unity will get better that really remains to be seen

We all have things to do in real life if Unity is going to be far more time consuming to maintain our farms participate in events less responsive, not functioning to our clicks, our buffs effectiveness or even doing things efficiently to our liking and enjoyment

I am curious which runs better standalone or unity without doubt flash is superior it not even a 64bit platform just doesn't make sense at all

Chloe3456, I do empathise with you as you are premium player, just as many other premium players who enjoy this game i dunno but only suggest if we are prepared to obtain more powerful alternative such as laptop with latest Windows operating system at least 4GB of memory there are Duo laptops/Tablets so we are able to continue enjoy playing this game all our hard work,investments building up our farms over the years, plus our enjoyment this game helps us coping with lockdown downs, restrictions, loneliness plus few other reasons

All we can do is to try and be optimistic as we can fingers cross

13. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

I will continue on Flash for as long as possible. I'm appalled that the "Browser" game I originally started playing wants me to "download" more software to play "with better response". Really? IDK why the PTB decided Unity was the best platform to use beyond Flash but I doubt if the decision was done with users in mind. Personally I think it was "penny wise, pound foolish". Maybe it's time to buy a game console and find something else to play.

14. Sister3

Sister3 Regular

Sadly this morning I have many problems with playing on unity. I finally accessed it yesterday. all was ok. But today: unable to open crates, unable to spin the wheel graphics gone, unable to access Cloud Rows now, all was fine the first time around, cannot access harvest crops on Baha, screen notices constant repetition of reloading.

15. Erridge

Erridge Forum Expert

Continually refreshing, almost crying with frustration, why didn't BP continue with Flash - superfast and no problems,:cry::cry:

BlackCaviar, stacymaya and Peanut1492 like this.
  16. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Flash is being discontinued world wide on the 12th January.

17. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Sad day for the gaming world. :)

stacymaya, Peanut1492 and farmerumf like this.
  18. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

and a happy day for internet security.
    I wish adobe had still been able to fix the huge security vulnerability.

mausorvo and farmerumf like this.
  19. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

December 31, I am out of here. You got a wish for G&T, PM me. I have to warn you my Hamster givers were sent to one of my favorite farmers. Unity Sucks.... Beeps

20. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Haha, yeah, we can securely stop playing the game ......... :)

It was such a nice game. And I just got Grave Candle Cactus. :)

swCactus1 likes this.